GSXS 1000 - Mofo's Gixxus

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
Le_Fromage_Grande

Re: GSXS 1000 - Mofo's Gixxus

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Did about 100 miles this morning, left about 05:30, home about 07:30, Ipswich - Beccles - Bungay - Ipswich, roads were nice and quiet, had breakfast at Beccles
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:07 pm
Supermofo wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 5:56 pm Maybe miss it out then, just do Manningtree and then go north west from there
If you go from Manningtree to Harwich there are two good roads, the back way through Ramsey (tight and twisty) and the main road to Horsley Cross (wide sweeping bends).

You could go Mannigtree, Harwich, Walton/Frinton/Clacton and then use the A120 to get back to the A12, if you go through Thorpe Le Soken watch out for the huge pot holes in the High Street.
experience.
Cheers for that, having a look at the map I reckon I'll come in via Heybridge, cut under Colchester, down on the b roads towards St Osyth, left to Thorpe Le Soken and follow the twisty road towards Harwich, cut left again before Harwich proper and take the Ramsey road to Manningtree :thumbup:

Did think of doing the coast road but looks dead straight and presumably will be busier.

After a stop in Manningtree I'll decide where next, probably stick with the plan of Hadleigh/Sudbury
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Did you get a mushroom in your puncture or have you still got the plug in it?
Only asking because I had to pull the nail out of mine today, you could hear the air hissing out, turned out to be a 3 inch nail, put a plug in, which appears to be holding air.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 8:52 pm Did you get a mushroom in your puncture or have you still got the plug in it?
Only asking because I had to pull the nail out of mine today, you could hear the air hissing out, turned out to be a 3 inch nail, put a plug in, which appears to be holding air.
I've still got the sticky plug in it that the AA put in. Seems to be holding up fine. Bike had been sitting almost a month since I last checked pressures as only ridden it once I think till yesterday. Both front and back needed 2 psi so I think the plug is still doing it's job fine. I've done a fair mileage since the puncture. Didn't see the point in shelling out for a proper plug as I'm going to get new tyres in spring.