In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Yorick

Re: In todays news...

Post by Yorick »

The law's been changed to stop the knobheads and instantly implemented :)

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-65904440
cheb

Post by cheb »

I thought we weren't doing politics in this thread, only skateboarding ducks and fluffy kittens make child smile type stories?
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Taipan wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:38 pm
Hoonercat wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:28 pm
Taipan wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:17 pm

Its not like we don't have our own homegrown murderers and nutters, but we need to have more thorough checks with boat newbs. Its like Le Camp des Saints is becoming a prophecy!
Agreed, more checks can never be a bad thing. However, if this bloke is a refugee with a history of violence, as yet there is no indication of how far back that history extends. People are just making assumptions that he had this history of violence before he came to the UK.
Are you saying we drove him to it! :o I guess we'll find out in time. Kinda wishing for the irony of him being Tarquin Bagshaw from the Cotswolds. Conversely, I side with the view that the boatloads of refugees appear to lack women and children as we saw with the Ukranians. But God knows we need the labour they could provide for farming and fruit picking etc.
According to GB News, he's a West African immigrant with a 'history of violence'
According to the BBC, he's a West African immigrant with settled status, no criminal record but a history of mental illness and has lived in the UK for 'many years'
According to LBC, he's lived in the UK since he was a teenager.
Ant

Post by Ant »

After 56 years of service, the RAF bids farewell to the Hercules

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/0 ... s-service/
Felix

Post by Felix »

Ant wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:07 pm After 56 years of service, the RAF bids farewell to the Hercules

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/0 ... s-service/
Complete and utter useless kind of unrelated shit. My extendable garden hose is called Hercules as its allegedly stronger than your B&Q crap. Anyway mine is to short so was looking for a longer one just tonight and the first google hit was that very story.

Got my longer hose on ebay if interested :lol:
dern

Post by dern »

The Guardian has banned all gambling advertising. Well overdue and should be picked up across the board. A parasitic industry with no concerns for its customers.
Ant

Post by Ant »

dern wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:27 am The Guardian has banned all gambling advertising. Well overdue and should be picked up across the board. A parasitic industry with no concerns for its customers.
Completely agree. I got flamed for saying the same thing once, but the damage gambling can do and the affect it has on peoples lives is just wholly devastating.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

A.C.A.B. but thus one's just a plain knobhead...

JamJar

Post by JamJar »

Ant wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:57 am
dern wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:27 am The Guardian has banned all gambling advertising. Well overdue and should be picked up across the board. A parasitic industry with no concerns for its customers.
Completely agree. I got flamed for saying the same thing once, but the damage gambling can do and the affect it has on peoples lives is just wholly devastating.
I very seldom agree with you, but on this I do wholeheartedly agree!
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

I'm another one in agreement on the subject of gambling, its bloody corrosive to society and to add to it much of the money goes abroad to tax havens.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

demographic wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:24 pm
I'm another one in agreement on the subject of gambling, its bloody corrosive to society and to add to it much of the money goes abroad to tax havens.
I see it as no worse than pubs and alcohol.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Biden just had his first campaign event & announced that we're going to build a railway from the Pacific that reaches all the way across India...
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:05 pm Biden just had his first campaign event & announced that we're going to build a railway from the Pacific that reaches all the way across India...
Playing China at it's own game, it might not be a bad thing.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Mussels wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:40 am
ZRX61 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:05 pm Biden just had his first campaign event & announced that we're going to build a railway from the Pacific that reaches all the way across India...
Playing China at it's own game, it might not be a bad thing.
I thought the USA was £31t in debt? Where does the money come from for such ideas?
Ant

Post by Ant »

Pirahna wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:27 pm

Not really, as in a pub, you pay your money, you get a drink. You don't then get banned from all pubs for getting a drink each time you get one, like you do with gambling, if you're good, you'll find you're banned from all outlets. Pubs don't lure you into a false sense of winning, taking your money, making you feel like you're about to win, taking more money from people who aren't thinking straight. At least in a pub, you'll get a drink each time you buy one and most people really do know when they've had enough.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Ant wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:26 am
Pirahna wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:27 pm

Not really, as in a pub, you pay your money, you get a drink. You don't then get banned from all pubs for getting a drink each time you get one, like you do with gambling, if you're good, you'll find you're banned from all outlets. Pubs don't lure you into a false sense of winning, taking your money, making you feel like you're about to win, taking more money from people who are thinking straight. At least in a pub, you'll get a drink each time you buy one and most people really do know when they've had enough.
Plus buying beer is always a winner, you never lose...;)
Ant

Post by Ant »

And we thought the Met was bad......even the top of the Pleece watchdog was at it...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 58787.html
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Ant wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:03 am And we thought the Met was bad......even the top of the Pleece watchdog was at it...

I bet the head of the CPS knew about that one.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Ant wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:03 am And we thought the Met was bad......even the top of the Pleece watchdog was at it...

"We" do not think that at all. Your claim that the Meteorological office is running some sort of scam or disinformation campaign is untrue.

I asked you to back up your claim and you did not, therefore I conclude you do not have any evidence for it.

"We" should have a "fake news" section...
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Ant

Post by Ant »

Screwdriver wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:37 am

"We" do not think that at all. Your claim that the Meteorological office is running some sort of scam or disinformation campaign is untrue.

I asked you to back up your claim and you did not, therefore I conclude you do not have any evidence for it.

"We" should have a "fake news" section...
I don't think the Metrological Office has anything to do with the Metropolitan Police, but you know, anything goes I suppose, I'll assume you didn't look at the link.

Anyway, back onto the previous subject which you've confused the Police with, I didn't make the claim, a scientist did. It was on an interview on Talk Radio, I can't remember the presenter, I had a look through the podcasts but it's too time consuming.

So, if you're determined enough, Talk Radio, a few weeks or so ago.....