In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Count Steer

Re: In todays news...

Post by Count Steer »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:15 pm Surely that's a piss take in a fat suit? Looks that way anyway !

Plus...that bag is never gonna go in the overhead locker.
It's not going in a locker. That's an insulated cool bag containing breakfast.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:15 pm Surely that's a piss take in a fat suit? Looks that way anyway !

May I respectfully suggest you DO NOT search for that "model". There are swimsuit photos...

What has been seen, cannot be unseen. :o
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:35 pm

May I respectfully suggest you DO NOT search for that "model". There are swimsuit photos...

What has been seen, cannot be unseen. :o
You do know what's going to happen when you say 'DO NOT' don't you? *sigh*

(Prepares the RTTL Customer Care Trauma Unit).
Voltaire
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

DefTrap wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:58 pm I wish they would find that Golf or Coronation Street was invented by paedos or slave traders, so they could cancel those.

Why is it always the statues?
Now there's a thought.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... l-29750466
The badges of Manchester United and Manchester City contain ships, which have been cited as slavery references, but the city's council are supportive of the strides made from their history
Tenuous but you don't need much these days.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mussels wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:06 pm
DefTrap wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:58 pm I wish they would find that Golf or Coronation Street was invented by paedos or slave traders, so they could cancel those.

Why is it always the statues?
Now there's a thought.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... l-29750466
The badges of Manchester United and Manchester City contain ships, which have been cited as slavery references, but the city's council are supportive of the strides made from their history
Tenuous but you don't need much these days.
I have a bit of an issue with historical reparations. Are we going to include all those that were expoited for financial gain to their own, and their families detriment? If so they probably need to include Cornish tin miners, many coal miners in places like the Dukeries, those 'impressed/pressganged' into service in the name of the king, tied farmworkers, anyone drafted, those families dispossessed at the current whim of the king/parliament etc etc etc. Is the sole requirement one that means your ancestors were brutally 'relocated'? Does it matter that often it was done in the name of 'king and country'? It's a veritable can of worms and best left to history...once the lid is off, it stays off.
Voltaire
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:00 pm and yet...

https://www.paddleyourownkanoo.com/2023 ... ane-aisle/

Thanks to woke ideology, morbid obesity is not so much a medical condition as it is a business venture.
Fake apparently.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... g-her.html
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Bigjawa wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:56 pm Fake apparently.

I think I might have been a little relieved to discover that.

Sadly, it's not quite as fake as we might have hoped. My comment was a tongue in cheek observation regarding "big food" and McDonalds rather than litigation etc. It seems that tub of lard really once was an actual individual human being. There is no logical, moral or practical reason for someone to eat themselves into oblivion.

Being overweight, or large or even fat is none of my business and I would never "pass judgement". Being that morbidly obese is another matter. A civilised society would never allow that sort of self harm to persist, let alone become "normalised" by woke extremist propaganda.
Plato
Felix

Post by Felix »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:26 pm

Being overweight, or large or even fat is none of my business and I would never "pass judgement". Being that morbidly obese is another matter. A civilised society would never allow that sort of self harm to persist, let alone become "normalised" by woke extremist propaganda.
That is funny as i was thinking the same thing a couple of nights ago when watching an advert on TV for some Sanitary Towel where you have some large lass ice skating.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Felix wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:40 pm

That is funny as i was thinking the same thing a couple of nights ago when watching an advert on TV for some Sanitary Towel where you have some large lass ice skating.
I realised the world had gone mad when I saw an overweight bloke dressed in a tutu launch some ice skating thing (olympic??) event. He or as he claims "she" was the star of the show. The "only" problem was, he couldn't skate and when he fell over after making a complete fool of himself prancing about like a hippopotamus in a ballet, one of the girls had to help him up.

As I write this, I am slightly worried it might actually have been some sort of psychotic nightmare but I am pretty sure it happened. I am not sure I ever want to see it again but I fear unless we somehow get out of this woke, vocal minority driven social network illness that is plaguing our society like a virus, crap like that is just going to keep getting worse.
Plato
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Felix wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:40 pm

I'm the guts of 20 stone now, but back in my youth I was quite a good ice skater, last time I took the Minijawas, I got a fair few odd looks at the fat bloke pushing 50 whizzing about. That big girl is a bloody good skater.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

None of this oh-no-woke-world-gone-mad! stuff is visible outside of social media, lowest level 'news' and crap telly.
So if you're seeing it and getting worked up about it you only have yourself to blame.
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:00 pm and yet...

https://www.paddleyourownkanoo.com/2023 ... ane-aisle/

Thanks to woke ideology, morbid obesity is not so much a medical condition as it is a business venture.
Her YouTube channel has 505 subs and a handful of comments, no doubt boosted recently with the media attention. Hardly a business venture :hmmm: She started her YouTube channel in September '22, uploaded a few vids about life as a fatty while ensuring that under 18's cannot view her vids, which suggests that she doesn't want kids to think it's ok to be obese.
The fake video has over 1 million views with thousands of comments taking the piss out of her. It seems that trying to convince those who want to be convinced that the world is being taken over by 'woke extremists' is a far better business venture.
Bigjawa wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:56 pm Fake apparently.

I think I might have been a little relieved to discover that.

Sadly, it's not quite as fake as we might have hoped. My comment was a tongue in cheek observation regarding "big food" and McDonalds rather than litigation etc. It seems that tub of lard really once was an actual individual human being. There is no logical, moral or practical reason for someone to eat themselves into oblivion.

lol.
I'm a regular user of Twitter, FB, YouTube etc and I never see any of this 'woke' stuff. In fact, the only times I ever see it mentioned is you posting it on this forum, trying to suggest that it's the media and woke extremists who are shoving it down my throat...
Felix

Post by Felix »

Bigjawa wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:27 am I'm the guts of 20 stone now, but back in my youth I was quite a good ice skater, last time I took the Minijawas, I got a fair few odd looks at the fat bloke pushing 50 whizzing about. That big girl is a bloody good skater.
The comment was not about her ability to skate what she does 100% better than me. It was about how now its OK to accept obese people for what they are yet just a couple of years ago no one would look twice at them for sticking in adverts. As obese people get more and more accepted for who they are and dare anything get said you get dragged over the coals. Where does that stop? Will they wave there arms in the air if a Doctor dare says you are morbidly obese and need to loose weight for your own health. What if they shout loud enough and the doctor gets dragged through the complaints procedure and it was decided he was wrong? Even a school teacher showing concern about an obese kid. Have they to just shut up and leave them to for the fear of being disciplined. Now its obvious not all obese people are like that for spending years in pie shops some are just heavy and happy. Alison Hammond foe example, some are depressed and need help what they may just not get.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Felix wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:39 am
Bigjawa wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:27 am I'm the guts of 20 stone now, but back in my youth I was quite a good ice skater, last time I took the Minijawas, I got a fair few odd looks at the fat bloke pushing 50 whizzing about. That big girl is a bloody good skater.
The comment was not about her ability to skate what she does 100% better than me. It was about how now its OK to accept obese people for what they are yet just a couple of years ago no one would look twice at them for sticking in adverts. As obese people get more and more accepted for who they are and dare anything get said you get dragged over the coals. Where does that stop? Will they wave there arms in the air if a Doctor dare says you are morbidly obese and need to loose weight for your own health. What if they shout loud enough and the doctor gets dragged through the complaints procedure and it was decided he was wrong? Even a school teacher showing concern about an obese kid. Have they to just shut up and leave them to for the fear of being disciplined. Now its obvious not all obese people are like that for spending years in pie shops some are just heavy and happy. Alison Hammond foe example, some are depressed and need help what they may just not get.
I think you're reading too much into it, someone who would drag a doctor or teacher through a complaints procedure over calling someone a bit hefty, are the sort of people whose over inflated egos would find an excuse to start a complaint about anything. It's that marketing types have realised that its a damn sight more lucrative to use a larger (no pun intended) demographic of people to hawk their products than perfect people. There's only so many people who would identify with "I'm starting my own business darling, Renault 25 etc" types.

And the fact that people will shell out cash for literally anything these days means that chunkers can make a few quid out of showing their flab, everyone is a potential internet star now. The world has changed, its not going back.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Bag? That's her lunch.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Wow. A lot of ignorant apologists not seeing the wood for the trees here.

Just because you don't care what is going on in the background undermining our society, doesn't mean anyone who does care is "obsessed" or "wrong".
Plato
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Not wrong as such. Is it undermining? In some cases possibly. Do fooking council lame brains getting the wrong end of the stick and trying to be fair for example.

Obsessed? Definitely yes. Go outside and smell the flowers, the woke army isn't going to get you. If it wasn't for the woke police, the Daily Mail's trawling TikTok ffs to find something to make you cross then most of us would be none the wiser for this supposed undermining of society. I can say quite honestly that it if it wasn't for idiots baying for woke blood I wouldn't be aware my liberties were being taken. All I would have is a look of somewhat puzzlement as a mate's son wants to be called they/them. Other than that I have nothing. It has the same interest to me as Golf. I'm aware of Golf but it has no interest, tell me about it all you want, passionately, I'll have forgotten by tomorrow.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Irony here is that video/commentary which kicked this conversation off is fake.

So maybe it's not wokery that's the problem. Maybe it's credulity.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:55 pm Irony here is that video/commentary which kicked this conversation off is fake.

So maybe it's not wokery that's the problem. Maybe it's credulity.
No the irony is that you are calling the video "fake" as if to suggest the premise behind my commentary is not true. That's a very "Snopes" approach to debunking an argument. You are (apparently) correct that the morbidly obese woman did not "sue the airline" yada yada. That was not my point.

I posted that video in response to a commentary regarding McDonalds because when I saw the sheer size of that thing, I was pointing out what is happening in America, i.e. the normalisation and even glorification of extraordinarily obese people. The thing in the picture calls herself a "model" ffs.

Whether or not the monstrosity of a human (for that is what it is) is trying to leverage off her extreme condition for cash is moot. I could not give a flying fuck tbh.
Plato
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I'd lay a pound to a pinch of shit you wouldn't have posted the original video. It's the addition of the fake commentary about discrimination which drew your attention I'm betting.

You're anti woke in the same way tic tocers are woke. Different side of the same coin.