This chest infection 'thing'

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Count Steer

Re: This chest infection 'thing'

Post by Count Steer »

DefTrap wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:04 pm Last time I had the proper flu I took one of these in desperation

... and it knocked me out cold halfway through my dinner.
Really? There doesn't appear to be anything in it that would make you drowsy (or make you better :lol: - although one big slug of Vitamin C won't hurt and echinacea might perk up your immune system*). Worth a try as a hot drink I guess.

* it was said to be used to prevent colds, so maybe as an occasional booster too but not a daily thing with all that Vit C in.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
cheb

Post by cheb »

DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:22 pm
Really? There doesn't appear to be anything in it that would make you drowsy (or make you better :lol: - although one big slug of Vitamin C won't hurt and echinacea might perk up your immune system*). Worth a try as a hot drink I guess.

* it was said to be used to prevent colds, so maybe as an occasional booster too but not a daily thing with all that Vit C in.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a massive coincidence - I just thought it was amusing.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

DefTrap wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:41 pm
Count Steer wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:22 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a massive coincidence - I just thought it was amusing.
It's amusing but also a bit of a swizz at £2.50 a shot (compared with about 40p for something with actual drugs in :D ).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire