Scratching an itch..

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
Buckaroo

Re: Scratching an itch..

Post by Buckaroo »

For what little I know, the piece you posted as a close up looks to have copper wire running in it. Some sort of reinforced rubber? Is there anything within the engine that has something made of such a material
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

The piece I posted with what looks like wire running in it was from someone else's bike ,he races it & it's the only piece of broken plastic I''ve seen in a SV motor.He races that bike & says that it's still running.Those 2 pieces that were in my oil drain tub looked like a very hard plastic as they were covered in oil.The mechanic has a good reputation & says he's seen it before so I'll go with his opinion.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Yorick wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:53 pm
Bustaspoke wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:24 pm Well according to our knowledgeable mechanic friend the 2 little pieces are road grit,he says he's seen it plenty of times & Aprillia's seem to collect it more than most.As the oil was really dirty I think I'll give it another oil change after 500 miles.
How's grit get in?
Not visited the Holly Bush in Derbys? Some bastard put soil in my B25s oil tank there. 30 years ago not that I bear a grudge against the Guzzi owners club or anything...

Edit might be Ducati OC ?