Show us what you learned on

Anything you like about motorbikes
Horse

Re: Show us what you learned on

Post by Horse »

David wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:17 pm SD1's were magic...especially the vitesse, and a plod one would have had more oomph.....
Irrelevant in this case - bald tyres at high pressure on an oily skidpan, surrounded by a concrete wall :D

2:00 in, think it was the same guy with me.

Hendon had two skid pans, both now built over. ABS ESC etc has now sufficient.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Whysub

Re: Show us what you learned on

Post by Whysub »

GuzziPaul wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:32 am
Whysub wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:40 pm One of these (but not this actual one), a 1959 Motobecane moped.

20220101_182914.jpg
I was 12 at the time, and a mate had a Mobylette that he let me have a go of. I was hooked.
I had a brown Mobylettte at a similar age, dual seat model, with all the unneccesary bits removed or cut off, which used to be pushed to a local frendly farmers field or waste land a mile away. Never actually rode on on the public highway, but did get stopped by the police pushing it along the path. We were told it couldn't be on the street so would have to get a trailer for it or carry it :wtf: :wtf: Two of us picked it up and carried it ubtil he was out of sight.
Similar here!. We were stopped by the local policeman (remember them?) pushing the moped the 200 yards to the field. The copper said if the back wheel was off of the ground, it was OK. So we put some castors on a sheet of plywood and bolted that to a milk crate. Back wheel in that, and fully legal, at least to the local bobby.