We are free......

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Dodgy69

Re: We are free......

Post by Dodgy69 »

Looks like Thames valley plod are enforcing different rules to the rest of England, yet Boris and his cronies say the message is simple. 🤣
Yamaha rocket 3
hilldweller

Post by hilldweller »

Bigyin wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:37 pm Aside from being on bikes when we want here is an alternative viewpoint

This is what the locals think of all the individuals on bikes who decided to congregate where all the individuals on bikes usually meet when there isnt a contagious disease that can kill you by drowning in your own lungs
When I was in Matlock bath there were maybe 20 to 25 bikes. Most important half of the on street parking was coned off with sticks and string linking the cones.

The newspaper showed all parking in use. So, either the cones have been removed or the newspaper has just printed a stock picture of bikes parked in Matlock Bath.

It seems locals everywhere have been scared to death. The news has shown footage from Mexico where hospital workers are being attacked for leaving the hospitals carrying the virus. A young woman doctor had bleach poured over her head. If this virus eradicates the human infestation of this planet it could be a much improved planet.
Brian
millemille

Post by millemille »

hilldweller wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:34 am
Bigyin wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:37 pm Aside from being on bikes when we want here is an alternative viewpoint

This is what the locals think of all the individuals on bikes who decided to congregate where all the individuals on bikes usually meet when there isnt a contagious disease that can kill you by drowning in your own lungs
When I was in Matlock bath there were maybe 20 to 25 bikes. Most important half of the on street parking was coned off with sticks and string linking the cones.

The newspaper showed all parking in use. So, either the cones have been removed or the newspaper has just printed a stock picture of bikes parked in Matlock Bath.

It seems locals everywhere have been scared to death. The news has shown footage from Mexico where hospital workers are being attacked for leaving the hospitals carrying the virus. A young woman doctor had bleach poured over her head. If this virus eradicates the human infestation of this planet it could be a much improved planet.
When I drove through on Saturday and Sunday the cones were being ignored and the bays were full of parked bikes as was normal before it all went south....
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Druid wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:55 am
Skub wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:28 pm
It's difficult to find companions who ride the way you ride on any given spur of the moment,plus bikes never were about the social thing for me anyway.
Yes, I'm a grumpy antisocial old git too :)
We too are antisocial. Although his nibs might be old, I'm just a youngish antisocial git! 😂
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
Skub

Post by Skub »

It's difficult to find companions who ride the way you ride on any given spur of the moment,plus bikes never were about the social thing for me anyway.
I'm reliably informed,the term is 'asocial'. Antisocial behaviour is liable to result in a collar feel,while being asocial or misanthropic more apt describes ourselves.

That twat moth is off today,so I'm the reserve language police. 😜
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
hilldweller

Post by hilldweller »

millemille wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:26 pm When I drove through on Saturday and Sunday the cones were being ignored and the bays were full of parked bikes as was normal before it all went south....
I wonder where the mickey mouse string and strips of wood joining them went. I hope it wasn't the bikers doing it. There is the possibility of shopkeepers doing it, they must be desperate for cash.

I must confess, when I went and bought an ice cream cone I was thinking "am I doing the right thing here ?" as it was made and handed to me. Are her hands clean ? And worse, "we don't have contactless payment" so she handled my coins and gave me change.

But what delicious rum and raisin ice cream.

Food to die for !
Brian
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

hilldweller wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:22 pm
millemille wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:26 pm When I drove through on Saturday and Sunday the cones were being ignored and the bays were full of parked bikes as was normal before it all went south....
I wonder where the mickey mouse string and strips of wood joining them went. I hope it wasn't the bikers doing it. There is the possibility of shopkeepers doing it, they must be desperate for cash.

I must confess, when I went and bought an ice cream cone I was thinking "am I doing the right thing here ?" as it was made and handed to me. Are her hands clean ? And worse, "we don't have contactless payment" so she handled my coins and gave me change.

But what delicious rum and raisin ice cream.

Food to die for !
When i stopped yesterday i didn't have a drink/food.... I don't know what the actual answer is at the moment.... so i went with caution. I'm not sure there's a right or wrong answer here.
hilldweller

Post by hilldweller »

weeksy wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:25 pm When i stopped yesterday i didn't have a drink/food.... I don't know what the actual answer is at the moment.... so i went with caution. I'm not sure there's a right or wrong answer here.
It was definitely a "light bulb moment", "what have I done". It's the first time I've actually bought something for direct to mouth since lockdown began. But thinking about it, food or drink, it's the perfect way to catch CV19.

A packed lunch is the sensible answer.
Brian
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

My ride yesterday was supposed to be to the Forest of Dean as suggested by the wife, but I felt it a little to vague and would most likely have me pulling in somewhere where others were congregating.

I ended up using Google Maps to find a likely pub away from popular roads, the car park was empty, I nicked the use of one of their benches safe knowing that they'd no have any customers, and ate my Tesco sarnies and Pepsi (thank goodness for saddle bags :ugeek: )

I think I only saw 2 or 3 dozen bikes on the ride there n back, mostly in pairs but a couple of larger groups
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Skub wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:14 pm
I'm reliably informed,the term is 'asocial'. Antisocial behaviour is liable to result in a collar feel,while being asocial or misanthropic more apt describes ourselves.

That twat moth is off today,so I'm the reserve language police. 😜
Why thank you kind sir! :thumbup:

I am normally a grammar fiend: please people who can’t do ‘their’, ‘there’ or ‘they’re’ look them up but I am very happy to learn new words. :D

I definitely don’t want my collar felt by anyone, except Mr WD! ;)
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Well we did go out on the bike today, before it gets too warm for us. Yep mid 20s is too warm for us.

Passed 1 bike all day. We only went 15 miles from home, so pretty local but the scenery is fabulous and the roads pretty empty. We found a gem of a place, which had a few benches to sit on with absolutely no one else around. We sat and enjoyed our cup of tea (we have the biggest flask that we carry in a pannier), Stollen and an apple, whilst looking at the beautiful countryside. Simple but suits us asocial (thanks Skub) folks just fine. ;)
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

I have been interested in bikes since I was a kid, most of my mates have at one point or another owned motorcycles.
During that period Ive had just about zero interest in milling about at biker meets and a global pandemic isn't making them more attractive.
Skub

Post by Skub »

demographic wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:52 pm I have been interested in bikes since I was a kid, most of my mates have at one point or another owned motorcycles.
During that period Ive had just about zero interest in milling about at biker meets and a global pandemic isn't making them more attractive.
We ought to form an asocial club and.....not meet up. :lol:
Walt Whitman
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Skub wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:01 pm
demographic wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:52 pm I have been interested in bikes since I was a kid, most of my mates have at one point or another owned motorcycles.
We ought to form an asocial club and.....not meet up. :lol:
Or just ignore each other when we get there, bit like a more draconian version of social distancing. :lol:
Bike Breaker

Post by Bike Breaker »

We ought to formz an asocial club and.....not meet up. :lol:
I've been not meeting up from signing up to VD, through TRC and now to here. Would I qualify to join that club?
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Bike Breaker wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:37 pm
We ought to formz an asocial club and.....not meet up. :lol:
I've been not meeting up from signing up to VD, through TRC and now to here. Would I qualify to join that club?
Yep. You’re in with the special ones! :lol:
hilldweller

Post by hilldweller »

WelshDragon wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 pm I am normally a grammar fiend:
How do stand on dropped "T"s or if you want to be posh, t-glottalling ?

It drives me mad and seems to be increasing all the time.
Brian
Skub

Post by Skub »

Bike Breaker wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:37 pm
Well I for one am very glad we have never met BB and as long as we keep not meeting,I'm in favour of you joining. 8-)
Walt Whitman
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

hilldweller wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:02 pm
WelshDragon wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 pm I am normally a grammar fiend:
How do stand on dropped "T"s or if you want to be posh, t-glottalling ?

It drives me mad and seems to be increasing all the time.
Anything and everything that doesn't result in speaking or writing the Queen's English properly!! Why can't we do plurals any more ffs???
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

weeksy wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:07 pmHmmmmm i'm cynical.
what he said.

prepare for part 2, then part end!