One bike for the rest of your riding life.

Anything you like about motorbikes
Taipan

Re: One bike for the rest of your riding life.

Post by Taipan »

Thinking about it, I've had 2,3 or even 4,I think, SV650s'. They've been older bikes, but offered me the right amount of power and fun I like from a bike. So in all probability, an MT-07 would be a good bike for me!

Tricky is right about the MT-10 though, I effin love the look of them, but then I also really love the look of the Diavel X! I really couldn't ever see me putting that much coin into something I ruin a bit more each day though?
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

I still have it, can't let it go. It does everything I need and if I feel the need for something else more focussed, I'll use something else as well...

I've had to pull the gearbox after I managed to bend a selector fork (mid wheelie).

I've had to replace the head after I let someone else set the bucket shims (thanks Bill Bunn).

One of these days I'll have to do the bit in the middle I guess.

After all these years (almost two decades) I think it still looks like what a proper bike ought to.

Perhaps I am showing my age, perhaps more so than my faithful, venerable Fazer Thou (Gen.1)
Dickyboy

Post by Dickyboy »

Code: Select all

The ideal would be to downsize to something lighter if the GS gets too unmanageable but I only really go out on the bike now with my OH as pillion and a smaller bike wouldn’t really be suitable.
Don't let the spin doctor hear you say that :D
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:24 pm I still have it, can't let it go. It does everything I need and if I feel the need for something else more focussed, I'll use something else as well...

I have always loved that picture for the full commitment and also how close the front crash bungs are "just" above digging in and lifting the front end :thumbup:
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Bigyin wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:39 pm
I have always loved that picture for the full commitment and also how close the front crash bungs are "just" above digging in and lifting the front end :thumbup:
LOL. Thanks, yeah I might have posted it before. I'm definitely "all in".

The crashing bungs developed a healthy chamfer on both sides but you get a good sense for how far over it is from the footrests which touch down about the same time. Once you knock off the hero blobs. Front end is very stiff; hyperpro springs, heavy weight oil and careful setup so it's not too dangerous as long as you don't really dump it on its ear, anyhow, I could always let the front brake off...