Weird motorcycle things you remember

Anything you like about motorbikes
Horse

Re: Weird motorcycle things you remember

Post by Horse »

Bigjawa wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:21 pm CHiPs

Basically a weak story, a few stunts and lots of posing by Erik Estrada. Who didn't actually have a motorcycle licence........
One of them crashed during filming, they used it in the programme. Waste not etc?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

His finger follows me round the room!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:16 pm I'm also old enough to remember the joke of a motorcycle test that existed in the '60s. You were told to go round the block by a man on foot with a clipboard, who could only observe your riding for a maximum of a quarter of the distance you travelled. To test the emergency stop he'd pretend to jump out in front of you and see how you responded. As long as you didn't lock up or hit him, you passed. And his intention was telegraphed for so long in advance you had to be a complete numpty to fail.
The tester in Plymouth was a bit gun shy & would throw a newspaper into the road. Bloke was doing his test one day & came around the block to find the tester near a GT250 parked there with a newspaper stuck between the front tire & mudguard & some other biker having a big argument with him at the side of the road.
I remember getting Provisonal licences at the local PO. When I lived in London most of the couriers had a few. I think I had a half dozen at one point.