When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Anything you like about motorbikes
KungFooBob

Re: When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Post by KungFooBob »

I've just crossed paths with a Ducati SM on The Strines, could it have been Bomble?
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Just got back from a trip to Willingham Woods, it was packed. Not a massive amount of social distancing happening. I didn't take a photo.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Commuted into London on it it in February. Been parked up since and has provided a lot of local spiders with housing...

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

oh erm... oh... deary me.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Yesterday - on the Diavel. South Coast to Box Hill/ Rykas, then over the A29 to Whiteways , Storrington then home. Just to see if I could remember how to ride a Ducati
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:08 pm Yesterday - on the Diavel. South Coast to Box Hill/ Rykas, then over the A29 to Whiteways , Storrington then home. Just to see if I could remember how to ride a Ducati
How was it ?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:00 pm oh erm... oh... deary me.
Trust me, the pictures dont show the full horror. Its got months of sahara dust and sawdust from some woodwork I did near it and that's on top of the filthy state I parked it up in after riding home in a february monsoon! :shock: I'm supposed to be cleaning it this week and getting it up for sale, but that depends on what it scrubs up like! :?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:03 pm
Trust me, the pictures dont show the full horror. Its got months of sahara dust and sawdust from some woodwork I did near it and that's on top of the filthy state I parked it up in after riding home in a february monsoon! :shock: I'm supposed to be cleaning it this week and getting it up for sale, but that depends on what it scrubs up like! :?
Don't take this the wrong way, but 'why?' why would you let something worth several thousand pounds just rot ? I know i'm overly fussy with cleaning etc, but your bike isn't £40... it's a chunk of change....
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:06 pm
Don't take this the wrong way, but 'why?' why would you let something worth several thousand pounds just rot ? I know i'm overly fussy with cleaning etc, but your bike isn't £40... it's a chunk of change....
I don't have a garage, so it has to sit outside exposed to all weathers. It was under a cover but they nicked that when they tried to nick the bike a few months back.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:53 pm

I don't have a garage, so it has to sit outside exposed to all weathers. It was under a cover but they nicked that when they tried to nick the bike a few months back.
mine lived under covers for 7 years in old house, but 20mins a week helped massively.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Was the cover worth more than the bike?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:03 pm

Was the cover worth more than the bike?
At the moment, probably yes! :lol:
Druid

Post by Druid »

Today.
I bought the bike at the beginning of February, taxed and insured it on March 1st and took it out for an hour or so. Since then I've ridden it to work a few times, and a couple of "necessary" local trips. Today the weather was looking ok so I decided to head west to Hartside. There was a bit of rain coming through Teesdale but it didn't last long (so much for the BBC weather) though it looked a bit threatening at Hartside

It's 2½years since the cafe burnt down, it's now been completely demolished and there's a burger van, which was closed. A stop at Alston for petrol and a sandwich, and a slightly longer route home via Tan Hill. 180 miles in total, so a decent ride out.

I learned a number of things today:
1. I'm rusty. Really rusty. Need more practice.
2. The suspension needs sorting. Today's roads were mostly bumpy, except where they were narrow and bumpy and the bike nearly threw me out of the seat on a number of occasions. Springs too hard/too much compression? I don't tend to fiddle with the suspension on modern(ish) bikes, just set everything to manufacturer's standard settings and leave it there.
3. Maybe related to 2, my arse is sore. The seat doesn't feel too bad, maybe I need to take longer breaks
4. Fuel range is marginally less than my bladder range
5.The engine vibrates, quite a lot. There are two sizeable lumps of metal whizzing up and down in there so it's no surprise. It doesn't cause problems like the numb or tingling fingers you get with an IL4, but you notice it.
6. There's some stunning countryside up here and it's sparsely populated so very little traffic too.
7. It was really good to get back on a bike again
GuzziPaul

Post by GuzziPaul »

Had the day off yesterday so this time went to Southwold on the Le Mans and maybe get some Copper House Gin. Went the long way out via Bury St Edmunds amd back via Sudbury. Unfortunatly may have got caught speeding. Twice.
The first was a 40 limit on the A143 at Wickham St, I may have been doing just over 40 and as I came round the bend there was a front facing camera van, definetly slowed down very quickly and went by the van at about 35mph. The speedo on the Le Mans is a bit vauge 30 on speed signs and satnav is just below 40 on the speedo and 40 is just above an indicated 40.

Got to Southwold very sweaty, too hot to walk around in leathers looking for Gin, so cleaned my visor and set off back home.

I was on the B1117 and was wondering what the speed limit was because there were a few houses around but not an actual village, again doing about 40 ish. Saw the 30mph repeater, just as I saw a sweaty bloke in a yellow jacket (no cap) looking at me with a camera on a tripod, fortunatly facing the opposite direction. Didn't twig straight away but hopefully got slowed down enough before he got a bead on me.

Just got to wait now. Assume it's two weeks the same as a static camera for a NIP.
It was the sweatiest ride i have ever had, a bit too hot realy and the heat was making me lose concentration. had a shower as soon as I got in and this afternoon was my leather jeans and jacket in the bath using some "wool kind" washing liquid. The first time they have been washed in 10+ years. The jacket is over the back of a deck chair and the jeans on the line slowly drip drying in the wind. Just got to slowly dry them and then give them a good feed of lanolin.
Can't post a phot it seems we have reached the board limit.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Rode one of them a couple of days ago, first time (IIRC) that I've ridden a motorcycle since early December.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

was about to take the triple for a new chain and sprocket, bad prep let me down, batteries dead. on charge now :(
CBR650r :mrgreen:
formula400

Post by formula400 »

took my street triple to bloke who full serviced it for me, so its now got its 12k service, new chain and sprockets, new handle bars (old ones where slight bent from my off at donnington) and its feels a lot nicer to ride, its crazy and they were only slightly and how much better straight ones are, sorry thats not crazy thats normal. But he lent me this bad boy

Tracer 900, he's spent some wedge on it, arkro end can, Ohlins forks, Ktech rear shock, it was set up for a rider 20kg heavier and it was a bit un-stable at 90+. other than that i loved it, great fun, loads of power and seemed comfy, i did around 120/130 miles on it, went to Loomies, got caught out in the rain, placed it in rain mode and that was good, took the snatchyness out of it, i would love to take this to europe and tour, it would be great, great on fuel and i think i could do some serious miles on it,

ImageUntitled by lewis wilson, on Flickr

CBR650r :mrgreen:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

95 miles around the peaks today... with a stop off at The Royal Oak, Hurdlow for a cuppa and a piss :)

Sporting my lockdown haircut and I'm not picking my arse, I'm re-attaching the loop on my jacket to my belt.

Out with the bikeclub, a Z1000, 790 and R Nine T... all with at least double the power of the mighty V7.
Skub

Post by Skub »

KungFooBob wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:25 pm 95 miles around the peaks today... with a stop off at The Royal Oak, Hurdlow for a cuppa and a piss :)

Sporting my lockdown haircut and I'm not picking my arse, I'm re-attaching the loop on my jacket to my belt.

Out with the bikeclub, a Z1000, 790 and R Nine T... all with at least double the power of the mighty V7.
I see the Guzzi is practicing a good healthy social distancing technique!
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Jeez, I didn't realise I looked like some kind of giant riding a monkey bike!