If we were to rejoin the EU tomorrow, what benefits would you miss most about Brexit?

Current affairs, Politics, News.
mangocrazy

Re: If we were to rejoin the EU tomorrow, what benefits would you miss most about Brexit?

Post by mangocrazy »

I was led to believe that I'd need to be in France for about 3 months before I'd be able to acquire an EU pet passport - probably because French bureaucracy moves so slowly in many instances. From everything I've read and heard, the Eire option seems the best bet. I've requested to join the AHC FB group, so we'll see what transpires.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Pirahna

Re: If we were to rejoin the EU tomorrow, what benefits would you miss most about Brexit?

Post by Pirahna »

Spain have finally agreed to swap a UK driving license for a Spanish one.

Spain, like everywhere else, gives you six months to exchange your license when you become resident. This came to stop on 1st Jan 21 and affects anyone resident after that date, you get six months of legal driving then it's either pass the Spanish test, stop driving or drive illegally. If you were Spanish moving to the UK no problem, it's only been at this end.

Link to Spanish relevant government site if anyone is interested.

https://www.interior.gob.es/opencms/en/ ... eino-Unido
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

mangocrazy wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:53 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:52 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:46 pm
Untrue. We have agreed to accept the EU ruling even though we didn't need to. The situation for UK drivers is the same as for those in the EU.

But we've taken back control. <snigger>
Does anyone seriously think that the UK government would say "nah you're alright, lets remove the speed limiters". They're more likely to make said limiters more stringent!
Absolutely. If anyone thinks otherwise, they have a cloud cuckoo land postcode.
Now I know why my postcode never wins on postcode lottery, I'm in cloud cuckoo land.

https://uk.motor1.com/news/725346/speed ... eu-not-uk/
Horse

Post by Horse »

Is the UK government not requiring ISA the same as it not being fitted to UK vehicles?

ie It will be fitted voluntarily.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:06 am
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:52 pm Does anyone seriously think that the UK government would say "nah you're alright, lets remove the speed limiters". They're more likely to make said limiters more stringent!
Now I know why my postcode never wins on postcode lottery, I'm in cloud cuckoo land.

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

I can't even remember posting that comment, but you clearly could. Are you the mythical elephant in the room? :)

But yes, I got that wrong, and for once there has been an outbreak of common sense, it would seem.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Horse wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:38 am Is the UK government not requiring ISA the same as it not being fitted to UK vehicles?

ie It will be fitted voluntarily.
It will be fitted but the UK version will have an off switch. I remember all the cabs in Singapore being fitted with a little chime that rang continuously when over the limit, nobody cared and I probably heard the chime in every cab ride I took.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

mangocrazy wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:43 am
MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:06 am

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

I can't even remember posting that comment, but you clearly could. Are you the mythical elephant in the room? :)

But yes, I got that wrong, and for once there has been an outbreak of common sense, it would seem.
To be fair I only remembered a discussion about speed limiter's, went looking for it and found this thread, I thought it was a totally separate discussion.