In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
cheb

Re: In todays news...

Post by cheb »

But he's not being asked as a man, he's being asked as a prospective donor.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

This kid thinks it's OK to chuck eggs at the king.
This kid's parents need a good slap

https://news.sky.com/story/student-who- ... r-12857065
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Yorick wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:12 pm This kid thinks it's OK to chuck eggs at the king.

His PE teacher too
threw "at least five" eggs, which missed the royals
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Yorick wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:12 pm This kid thinks it's OK to chuck eggs at the king.

Kid? He's a grown 23yo man, not some idiot teenager.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Bigjawa wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:40 pm
I think a lot of the UK never stop being teenagers.
They always need someone to blame and when it stops being their parents they blame their boss, or the government or someone. This bloke probably thinks the king is holding him back from his true potential, or something.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Potter wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:02 am
Bigjawa wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:40 pm
I think a lot of the UK never stop being teenagers.
They always need someone to blame and when it stops being their parents they blame their boss, or the government or someone. This bloke probably thinks the king is holding him back from his true potential, or something.
When they can't stop blaming someone else, they'll vote Labour.....who'll also blame someone else.
Ant

Post by Ant »

If you thought it couldn't get any more woke and deranged.....Female teacher at £20k-a-year girls' school 'humiliated' after being forced to apologise for saying 'Good afternoon, girls'

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/female-teach ... 9Jbo0jIF3k
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

This exact scenario has played out before and it astonishes me that people don't see it for exactly what it is.

Hitlerjugend and Bund Deutscher Mädel. Get 'em while they're young and they're yours for life. New legislation (!) in the US makes it a crime to tell the parents their child is seeking medical intervention for gender dysphoria for example.

If they can get away with it over there, then they'll get away with it here. Teach or coerce/force people to accept ideological nonsense and they will never be persuaded by the voice of reason. If those two camps just happen to be separated by a political ideology, then there is an entire group of people who will never accept the voice of reason...

Now it should become clear why identity politics is being rammed down our throats despite nobody (hardly anybody) asking for it.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Ant wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:52 pm If you thought it couldn't get any more woke and deranged.....Female teacher at £20k-a-year girls' school 'humiliated' after being forced to apologise for saying 'Good afternoon, girls'

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/female-teach ... 9Jbo0jIF3k

If it is really a £20k a year girls school, one has to wonder why they allow people in who identify as male. Their money is as good as anybody's I guess.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

"The teacher said she felt she was later "managed out" of her position, revealing that the head teacher rejected her application to remain at the school after her one-term contract ended"

One whole term eh? Clearly not 20k school material ;)

Since when was someone being embarrassed headline news anyway? Isn't that normally branded snowflakeism?
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Yambo wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:44 pm If it is really a £20k a year girls school, one has to wonder why they allow people in who identify as male. Their money is as good as anybody's I guess.
That is a very good point. Wish I’d gone to an all girls school. Heck given the chance, I’d put my hand up (so to speak).
Plato
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

DefTrap wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:23 pm Being offended or logic or just not filling in a form at a blood donor session because you're an arse all pathetic reasons for creating a fuss when people are just trying to do their jobs.
Fill it in and donate or don't and don't. Simple enough.

Pretty much that.^
Slight issue with a form and the fucking snowflake whines like a bitch about it.
Not rocket science, he wants to help others out and give blood? So all he has to do is just fill in as not pregnant and frame himself.

IIRC this was ages ago, are people still bitter and twisted about it, jeez.
Ant

Post by Ant »

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/golliwog-pub ... rEZi4L1Wu0

So the pub which displayed the vintage dolls gets vandalised. Let me guess, the vandals belong to groups such as, BLM? Hope Not Hate? The usual violent, intolerant and hateful left wing groups?
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Those "vintage dolls" are about as offensive and overtly racist as anything can possibly get. What do you suppose their being on display "says" to black customers? might as well stick a sign on the door, "no blacks, no Irish, no dogs". FFS.

...and the swastika is simply an interesting old Sanskrit graphical element? Yeah right.
Plato
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Ant wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:36 am https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/golliwog-pub ... rEZi4L1Wu0

So the pub which displayed the vintage dolls gets vandalised. Let me guess, the vandals belong to groups such as, BLM? Hope Not Hate? The usual violent, intolerant and hateful left wing groups?
My brothers M-I-L made some Gollys for her grandchildren as Christmas gifts, they opened them while I was round for Christmas lunch. I sniggered. "they're not racist!" she retorted. My brother also joined in the sniggering.
They are racist though. However I didn't vandalise her house, and it wasn't really the time or place to educate her.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Genuine question, exactly how are they racist?

As far as I'm aware, they're a caricature figure, so you want to cancel black people? Isn't that a bit like saying, no black people allowed on TV because if we see any, it's racist?

Look at uncle bens rice for example, how inclusive and diverse of them, to remove the black person from their packaging.

It's in the same direction as sports bras being advertised by a man pretending to be a woman, you're cancelling the actual people.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Grotesque caricatures of black people given as toys to white children. And the name of them (however conveniently abridged) is a well known racial slur.

It's about as bad as it gets when it comes to educating children.

I don't want them banned by the way - allow the idiots to keep them in plain sight - all the racists can make a pilgrimage to the pub in Essex.
Ant

Post by Ant »

How is the caricature grotesque?
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Knew a bloke once who used to carry around one of those tazer sticks. 500v on the end of a baton. He told me he likes to walk up to people and just zap them.

“Wow” I said, “doesn’t that really hurt?”

“No, not at all” he said, “it’s insulated at my end, I don’t feel a thing”.
Plato
Ant

Post by Ant »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:58 am Knew a bloke once who used to carry around one of those tazer sticks. 500v on the end of a baton. He told me he likes to walk up to people and just zap them.

“Wow” I said, “doesn’t that really hurt?”

“No, not at all” he said, “it’s insulated at my end, I don’t feel a thing”.
Do you have a link to that news story?