New riding kit, what have you bought lately and why?

Discussing your new helmet, jacket, boots, luggage
Count Steer

Re: New riding kit, what have you bought lately and why?

Post by Count Steer »

EDZ. That's the one. :thumbup:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

The Spin Doctor wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:54 am EDZ

https://jsaccessories.co.uk/product/edz ... black-2679

Works about like a fleece in terms of keeping warm... rolls up much the same size as a tube of Rolos for those with long memories. They do matching trousers.
Hmmmmm, not sure it's the look I'm after.....

I've actually got something similar (a Klim product I think) - but what I wanted was a thin fleece gilet that's wearable in polite company rather than at the sort of clubs that we don't mention....
non quod, sed quomodo
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Rockburner wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:32 pm
Hmmmmm, not sure it's the look I'm after.....

I've actually got something similar (a Klim product I think) - but what I wanted was a thin fleece gilet that's wearable in polite company rather than at the sort of clubs that we don't mention....
I've got something like that from Mountain Warehouse...
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

hawkati wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:19 pm Yellow visor for the agv k5s. Ideal for taking the glare from the sun or enhancing the contrast of scenery/road when it's a dull cloudy day.
Years ago I had a colour changing Fog City (like pin lock) and it was great. It was yellowish as standard but turned blue in the sun. I think it was called hyper optiks or something. Not seen them since but I liked it and in rain/dull light it did seem to help.
Flux

Post by Flux »

Treated the road bike to a new sat nav and comms set up, both were showing there age (15 years +), went for a Garmin zumo xt2 (not sure it was worth the extra over the previous model but the on device route planning is better and that's often what we use in the Alps etc with no 4g signal) and the packtalk edge mostly for rider to pillion comms (used to tour in big groups but not for several years now) and although overkill regarding features ot looked very good for quality. All kit installed (junked no end of wiring from the bike from the old stardom hard wired comms unit) hopefully get to properly test soon...