What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
melons

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by melons »

1888 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:44 pm Stuck a smaller 100w panel on the roof. Awaiting the Y Junctions and solar controller then start on the 12v system

what are you building?, a mobile cannabis farm?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

mother-in-Law is going stir crazy and the lazy bastard f-I-l seems incapable of taking her out anywhere :roll: so we took them out to a pub where there was a very pleasant breeze! :D

rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

Bimble to the east coast this evening
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

Image just dropping down to Sands end
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I managed to make my forearm move a bit, and not just in physio!!! Bloody happy and grinning here!! Still a LONG way to go but they are all happy that my progress is faster than expected, so that makes me happy too!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I still haven't written a post about it all but the recovery videos/pics are on instagram if anyone uses it - #shoulderrehabgirlwithpinkhair
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
ogri

Post by ogri »

Noggin wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:58 pm I managed to make my forearm move a bit, and not just in physio!!! Bloody happy and grinning here!! Still a LONG way to go but they are all happy that my progress is faster than expected, so that makes me happy too!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I still haven't written a post about it all but the recovery videos/pics are on instagram if anyone uses it - #shoulderrehabgirlwithpinkhair
Least you got a nice scar to show off when sunbathing ;)
Ignorance is bliss
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Do they have special physio for you gurls for ironing and hoovering?
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Drove back to London from Gloucestershire. I'd rather live out that way, so much nicer!
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Found a pigeon on the drive yesterday. Got a facial injury and lost its left eye. Tried to run away from me though, so as it's got some fight in it, I putt it in the shed with water and a salt/ sugar electrolyte thing and some bread and bird nuts. I locked in there last night but have had the door open all day and it's sort of siting there. I don't know what else to do with it really, but it wants to live as it hides if my dogs go near the shed. Tune in tomorrow for another thrilling instalment of The Pigeons Plight!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Taipan wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:21 pm Found a pigeon on the drive yesterday. Got a facial injury and lost its left eye. Tried to run away from me though, so as it's got some fight in it, I putt it in the shed with water and a salt/ sugar electrolyte thing and some bread and bird nuts. I locked in there last night but have had the door open all day and it's sort of siting there. I don't know what else to do with it really, but it wants to live as it hides if my dogs go near the shed. Tune in tomorrow for another thrilling instalment of The Pigeons Plight!
I've taken a pigeon to a vet before, having found it wanting a bit of medial attention. His answer was to give it the ol' lethal injection. :(
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

gremlin wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:46 pm
Taipan wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:21 pm Found a pigeon on the drive yesterday. Got a facial injury and lost its left eye. Tried to run away from me though, so as it's got some fight in it, I putt it in the shed with water and a salt/ sugar electrolyte thing and some bread and bird nuts. I locked in there last night but have had the door open all day and it's sort of siting there. I don't know what else to do with it really, but it wants to live as it hides if my dogs go near the shed. Tune in tomorrow for another thrilling instalment of The Pigeons Plight!
I've taken a pigeon to a vet before, having found it wanting a bit of medial attention. His answer was to give it the ol' lethal injection. :(
They are vermin so I don't think the vets wil bother with them? It's doing okay. Came out of the shed and had a wander round. Scoffed some nuts and drank water and it looks like it does have a working right eye, so it will hopefully recover. I've had to shut it in the shed now as my dogs want out. Theres. no windows in the shed so if it can fly it can fly out...
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

Drilled a hole in the kitchen wall so I could work out where to put a pipe for the extractor. Used the extra extra long SDS bit. Turns out the perfect place for the pipe is into the middle of the wall at 90 degrees to the kitchen wall..
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

ogri wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:46 pm
Least you got a nice scar to show off when sunbathing ;)
LOL - think it'll be more visible than the first one but, as I've been told often, no scars no proof!! :lol: :lol:

Yorick wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:49 pm Do they have special physio for you gurls for ironing and hoovering?
Given that the French are more chauvanistic as a nation than anyone I've ever met, of course!!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Broke a 2MW Traction Rectifier turning it back on.............

Staff will be attending tmrw to find out what went pop on the blue phase.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

The pigeon has flown away!! :thumbup: :D
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:50 pm Broke a 2MW Traction Rectifier turning it back on.............

Staff will be attending tmrw to find out what went pop on the blue phase.
In plain English ?
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

On the railway in 3rd rail area's the DC comes from large traction rectifiers (like a car battery charger BUT much larger, rather than 240V ac to 12DC at 13A its 22000V to 750V Dc at about 6000A (in this instance). The maintenance staff had been checking the protection systems and asked me to turn it back on after they'd finished (I'm the skinny electrical controller), the protection kicked in when I did, saying that there was a BAD fault so its not a reset and try again job. It's an investigate and test before trying again job. In my defence the kit is 30 odd years old, bought by BR in its last days and is a right Friday afternoon job.😂
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
cheb

Post by cheb »

Tidied the shed and workshop, and started stripping down another pillar drill, This one is a gearboxed Meddings. And heavy, the column is 75mm diameter solid bar, and the rest of it is cast iron.
Lutin

Post by Lutin »

cheb wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:46 pm Tidied the shed and workshop, and started stripping down another pillar drill, This one is a gearboxed Meddings. And heavy, the column is 75mm diameter solid bar, and the rest of it is cast iron.
Sounds like fun. :mrgreen:
Blundering about trying not to make too much of a hash of things.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Called the bloke who did my right knee overhaul back in December about a potential warranty issue. Two months I was able to drive 200 miles/day with no problems, now I'm down to maybe 40 miles/day & that's if I take pain meds first.
Same place did the three gel injections in the left knee back in May & that's all been hunky dory until about two weeks ago. Issues with that knee are now back as they were before the injections. At $1000/stab that works out to over $250/week for a temporary fix. I don't want to go through this crap every three months even if the insurance would be picking up the tab. I'm assuming they won't want to either & may approve getting it fixed via surgery (torn meniscus is folded over on itself inside the joint, it stings a bit)
Those who possess real knowledge are rare.

Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still.

The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.