GSXS 1000 - Mofo's Gixxus

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
ChrisW

Re: GSXS 1000 - Mofo's Gixxus

Post by ChrisW »

Supermofo wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:39 pm Well that's game over then :roll:

https://x.com/Herts_Highways/status/172 ... 57551?s=20

Looks like I'll be washing it and tucking it up for winter. Bollocks.
??? It's, what 5-6 degrees over night! Glad I managed a quick ride today.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Supermofo wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:12 pm
Yorick wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:12 pm

Wassat?
It's the time of year I wrap up in a blanket, put xhamster on the TV, drink lots of cider and wait till Spring.
Guinness for the dark nights, cider for the light nights. 😉

If the roads dry nicely tomorrow, think I'll be out on the bike. Get home in good time, have a cuppa while bike cools then a cold wash, all good , hopefully. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

ChrisW wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:24 pm ??? It's, what 5-6 degrees over night! Glad I managed a quick ride today.
Tell me about it :angry-cussingblack: Last winter they were gritting when it was 7C some nights, I'm sure they have shares in the salt. I've been keeping an eye on the temps and they are low but not low enough for ice but the fuckers can't wait :cry: Was hoping to get out Sat and Sun. Totally bollocksed that plan.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Dodgy69 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:40 pm Guinness for the dark nights, cider for the light nights.
I do have a fair few IPA's and old style ales but never Guiness can't stand the stuff one of the only beers I can't stand.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

I never used to but acquired a taste for it a couple of winter's ago. Only at home though, never in the pub.
Don't know why. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yamaha rocket 3
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Wassat?
Ground up volcano rocks! :? :D
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Dodgy69 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:06 pm I never used to but acquired a taste for it a couple of winter's ago. Only at home though, never in the pub.
Don't know why. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Tried the BrewDog Guiness-a-like the other week, Black Heart or something like that. Well worth a try.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

I'm amazed by some of the stuff up there tbh. Folk won't go out and ride because there's salt on the roads. Do you want to be buried, 'viking style' with your bikes? Are you so concerned about a bit of corrosion? FFS if you can ride them, ride them, wash them, ride them again. Are these bikes precious artefacts that you want to donate to museums on your final demise? Are you so wrapped up in their value? Ride the :angry-cussingblack: things while you can.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:47 pm Ride the :angry-cussingblack: things while you can.
It makes roads no fun with a nasty salt-slime-soup when the roads are damp & I'd not be out on a bike if the temps were sub zero anyway! :D
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

ChrisW wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:58 pm
Count Steer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:47 pm Ride the :angry-cussingblack: things while you can.
It makes roads no fun with a nasty salt-slime-soup when the roads are damp & I'd not be out on a bike if the temps were sub zero anyway! :D
And yet, we have fans of riding in mud, in all weathers. etc :D

(I just get irritated by the 'Oh me, oh my, I can't possibly ride anything if the conditions aren't perfect. Too wet, too cold, too windy, there's a 'y' in the day, too much salt' and then moan about it. If it matters that much, get out there while you can. Some of them even ask questions about what gear is good in bad weather :lol: ).
Voltaire
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:47 pm I'm amazed by some of the stuff up there tbh. Folk won't go out and ride because there's salt on the roads. Do you want to be buried, 'viking style' with your bikes?
I can't honestly see the local crem allowing that, to be honest. Besides, how would you fit 5 or 6 of the buggers in? I am seriously thinking of having a set of (wooden) bars made up that can have my cold dead hands wrapped around them as I head to Valhalla, though.
Count Steer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:47 pm Are you so concerned about a bit of corrosion?
Er, yes I am. It's an absolute bastard to get every last grain of salt off, and my name isn't weeksy. Getting the bucket and water out to wash the bike down as the light fades and the wind picks up is no fun at all.
Count Steer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:47 pm FFS if you can ride them, ride them, wash them, ride them again.
See answer to previous question
Count Steer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:47 pm Are these bikes precious artefacts that you want to donate to museums on your final demise? Are you so wrapped up in their value?
No and no. But if the weather is sufficiently cold for the gritting lorries to be out, the riding experience is more than a Bit Shit anyway. There's precious little grip with cold tyres and slimy roads, and it becomes more of an endurance style test of manhood, and that's so last century, dahling.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

mangocrazy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:18 pm
Count Steer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:47 pm I'm amazed by some of the stuff up there tbh. Folk won't go out and ride because there's salt on the roads. Do you want to be buried, 'viking style' with your bikes?
I can't honestly see the local crem allowing that, to be honest. Besides, how would you fit 5 or 6 of the buggers in? I am seriously thinking of having a set of (wooden) bars made up that can have my cold dead hands wrapped around them as I head to Valhalla, though.
Count Steer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:47 pm Are you so concerned about a bit of corrosion?
Er, yes I am. It's an absolute bastard to get every last grain of salt off, and my name isn't weeksy. Getting the bucket and water out to wash the bike down as the light fades and the wind picks up is no fun at all.
Count Steer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:47 pm FFS if you can ride them, ride them, wash them, ride them again.
Count Steer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:47 pm Are these bikes precious artefacts that you want to donate to museums on your final demise? Are you so wrapped up in their value?
No and no. But if the weather is sufficiently cold for the gritting lorries to be out, the riding experience is more than a Bit Shit anyway. There's precious little grip with cold tyres and slimy roads, and it becomes more of an endurance style test of manhood, and that's so last century, dahling.
It's nice to know it's a free world.
Only idiots tell us what to do.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

mangocrazy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:18 pm
Ah yes, but I don't remember you whining like a milk float about 'Oh woe, oh me, oh my the mercury is falling, there are leaves falling from the trees, the sky is leaking, how can this possibly happen in an English winter? I really want to ride but boo hoo the weather won't let me'.
Voltaire
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Nah, I just spend more time on here, talking shite...

But next year I may very well spend November in France...

Pezenas_2023_11_12.JPG
Pezenas_2023_11_12.JPG (132.77 KiB) Viewed 435 times
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

mangocrazy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:41 pm Nah, I just spend more time on here, talking shite...

Pezenas_2023_11_12.JPG
There y'go. Yorick doesn't moan about the weather...he did something about it. You're planning to do something about it. Someone posted pictures of their SV650 in the wet...they wanted to ride through the weather that amazingly arrives every year so they did something about it. It's the bleating about 'I can't go out and ride for fun any more and I'm upset' because, guess what, winter has arrived as it has done for thousands and thousands of years and a) my bike will melt b) it's a tad cold/wet c) the road surface is a bit less than ideal. Fine. Your choice, but it's not the only option.
Voltaire
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:28 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:41 pm Nah, I just spend more time on here, talking shite...

Pezenas_2023_11_12.JPG
There y'go. Yorick doesn't moan about the weather...he did something about it. You're planning to do something about it. Someone posted pictures of their SV650 in the wet...they wanted to ride through the weather that amazingly arrives every year so they did something about it. It's the bleating about 'I can't go out and ride for fun any more and I'm upset' because, guess what, winter has arrived as it has done for thousands and thousands of years and a) my bike will melt b) it's a tad cold/wet c) the road surface is a bit less than ideal. Fine. Your choice, but it's not the only option.
Mud last weekend, mud Mon, Tues, Wed, tomorrow, maybe Sunday.

Embrace the mud
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:47 pm I'm amazed by some of the stuff up there tbh. Folk won't go out and ride because there's salt on the roads. Do you want to be buried, 'viking style' with your bikes? Are you so concerned about a bit of corrosion? FFS if you can ride them, ride them, wash them, ride them again. Are these bikes precious artefacts that you want to donate to museums on your final demise? Are you so wrapped up in their value? Ride the :angry-cussingblack: things while you can.
I don't mind the weather, I mind the salt. Its gonna be dry and cold tomorrow, that I'm happy with. But I don't want to spend as long washing the salt off as I do riding it.

Does the salt matter that much? To me yeah cos my bike is 2 years old and never seen salt and 0 corrosion. When I rode all year round and had older bikes I got on with it cos I rode to work, to the girlfriend's, to the shops etc and the bike got slathered in winter shit and that's how it was. But it's not where I'm at now.

Does that make me a fanny? Yeah, but fuck it I'm comfortable with that.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Wassat?
It's the time of year I wrap up in a blanket, put xhamster on the TV, drink lots of cider and wait till Spring.
Cider!

You've lost all respect.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:38 pm
Wassat?
Cider!

You've lost all respect.
Like I ever had any :lol:
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

If you want to ride when there's salt on the roads, do it, if you don't, don't, do what you want and let other people do what they want, nobody gives a toss whether you ride your motorbike or not.
Honda Owner