What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Gedge

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Gedge »

I spent the weekend in Fackin’ Essicks innit’ . Went to visit a mate who has developed something like Parkinson’s disease and can no longer stand unaided.

He has traded his bike in for a Moto Guzzi outfit so I thought I should take it for a test ride ..

formula400

Post by formula400 »

Come to wales with the street triple gang

ImageUntitled by lewis wilson, on Flickr
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Gedge wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:00 pm I spent the weekend in Fackin’ Essicks innit’ . Went to visit a mate who has developed something like Parkinson’s disease and can no longer stand unaided.

He has traded his bike in for a Moto Guzzi outfit so I thought I should take it for a test ride ..

Well?

Share thoughts ffs. :roll:

All the best to matey too.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Rode home in shirtsleeves - shock horror I've prob done that twice in 30 years ...
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Played with the dog and her golf ball and bought a new TV! :shock:

Image,
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Should that be in the pillock thread?
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Skub wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:45 pm
Gedge wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:00 pm I spent the weekend in Fackin’ Essicks innit’ . Went to visit a mate who has developed something like Parkinson’s disease and can no longer stand unaided.

Well?

Share thoughts ffs. :roll:

All the best to matey too.
Thanks for the well wishes,...he’s hoping fir a miracle cure but sadly I think it’s not going to happen..

As for thoughts on the outfit ....Crikey it was hard work..one way felt like it would fall over, t’other you needed a week in the gym to turn the bars ...the Guzzi bit was nice, quite torquey and comfortable ergonomics. The one thing for sure it beats any Harley , custom or special bike and that some in the ‘getting stared at’ stakes ...never been so noticed on a bike before !
Druid

Post by Druid »

I went back to work full time.

I've been doing a couple of days a week for about a month but the boss has decided that the two of us that were still furloughed should be back in work. Six others that were furloughed in March were made redundant in May
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Got the last load of recycling cashed in. Now have $66 & change sitting in the *whatever* fund
Those who possess real knowledge are rare.

Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still.

The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've been having yoghurt and a fruit compote for breakfast for weeks because I thought it was healthier than bread and jam! But, once I was able to open the pots myself I started looking for another challenge, and a different breakfast!!

Just managed to spread butter and jam on two slices of baguette with the right hand (FUBAR arm)!! Woohoo :clap: :clap: Very happy and it also made me giggle a lot!! :lol: :lol: :lol: (needed the arm/wrist/hand brace and the occ therapy moving support, but still managed!)

Downside was they went back to putting the hot choc in a bowl. I can't lift the bowl one handed to drink out of :cry: - I'd asked them the first morning (nearly 6 weeks ago) to let me have it in a cup but guess that got lost in the menu change!! So my left handed pouring of hot choc into the glass they gave me means the tray is mostly covered in hot choc!! but i did still get a glassful :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best ask them again to put it in a glass :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Wrote actual sentences with my right hand!!!! OK, with an extra grippy thing on the pen, but I'm well chuffed!!! (the 3rd word is Rocheplane - the name of the rehab centre)

And did this colouring in over the weekend right handed too :) (The first bit of writing is LHD and the last two lines are RHD)

Little wins!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
David

Post by David »

Taipan wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:41 pm Played with the dog and her golf ball and bought a new TV! :shock:

Image,
You should take it back...i think its broken.
melons

Post by melons »

David wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:30 pm

You should take it back...i think its broken.
Could maybe list it on ebay as a lesser known Tracey Emin
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Had a 2nd interview, more of a technical test.

Aced the test, last question...

What do you run in your home lab?

Now I've worked in IT 22+ years, I had a few old Cisco routers and switches setup 20 years ago to play with, but I mostly leave work at work.

Apparently "I don't have one" Is the wrong answer and I'm obviously not committed to the IT cause.

The recruitment guy reckons I can turn it around with a begging email as I was the only candidate to make it that far and ace the technical test.

I'm thinking, fuck'em.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Having a G&T whilst exploring the most excellent Radiogarden app. Currently in Miami Beach listening to radio Jesus guia!
cheb

Post by cheb »

Tidied and sorted the shed, including testing a pressure washer, a Miele vacuum and a Henry vacuum I pulled out of a skip recently. They all work after a bit of tweaking

I've now got eight vacuum cleaners and four pressure washers. :wtf:
melons

Post by melons »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:38 pm Had a 2nd interview, more of a technical test.

Now I've worked in IT 22+ years, I had a few old Cisco routers and switches setup 20 years ago to play with, but I mostly leave work at work.

Apparently "I don't have one" Is the wrong answer and I'm obviously not committed to the IT cause.

The recruitment guy reckons I can turn it around with a begging email as I was the only candidate to make it that far and ace the technical test.

I'm thinking, fuck'em.
Go for it, you'll love it. Maybe you'll be able to keep in touch with the wife via Skype and see her & the cat on the occasional weekend too
melons

Post by melons »

cheb wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:01 pm Tidied and sorted the shed, including testing a pressure washer, a Miele vacuum and a Henry vacuum I pulled out of a skip recently. They all work after a bit of tweaking

I've now got eight vacuum cleaners and four pressure washers. :wtf:
You just need a couple of Eastern Europeans and you'll have a Car Wash Company
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

melons wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:09 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:38 pm Had a 2nd interview, more of a technical test.

I'm thinking, fuck'em.
Go for it, you'll love it. Maybe you'll be able to keep in touch with the wife via Skype and see her & the cat on the occasional weekend too
Exactly my thinking, I'll sleep on it, but if I feel this way tomogga they can shove the job up their arse.
melons

Post by melons »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:15 pm
melons wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:09 pm

I'm thinking, fuck'em.
Exactly my thinking, I'll sleep on it, but if I feel this way tomogga they can shove the job up their arse.
A bit random, but.....I don't know you, nor where you're applying but a Boss who values unremitting 'commitment' over & above skill, talent and experience sounds like a Boss who has very little respect for you nor consideration/concern for your future development/growth with in his company. Unless you know people who work there who you can interrogate, unless you have to move jobs I'd notch this one up to a dodged bullet and good interview experience. If you're the only candidate to get this far in your geography then you shouldn't need to chase the job, but should take that confidence into the next role with-in this field you consider applying for (moth - don't let the buggers grind you down)