In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
MyLittleStudPony

Re: In todays news...

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

Potter wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:46 amI have no idea who she's backed by, but her career trajectory suggests that she's well connected, it's a classic path, I know someone who left a good Uni, did a stint at the FCO, then a stint in Brussels and was then shunted into a very senior post in a corporate role - he didn't apply for any of those jobs, they were arranged for him.
He'll go down the well trodden path of CBE/OBE, etc, then sit on various boards of large entities and retire to a farm in the Cotswolds.

The old boy network is very much alive and kicking in the UK, I've been up for jobs that eventually went to these types of people and the off the record feedback has always been to do with old school ties and connections.
Maybe it's not just about privilege. And top quality education isn't just an exclusive smokescreen designed to keep the northern poor grafting for their gruel.

The pukka chaps with the good degrees will always go far. ;)
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Bit of a pisstake that shows just how much Fox news endorsed the lies about the last election in the states and that they knew they were lying as they did it.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

You think Colbert is a credible source for anything???
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Today, Biden awarded a Vietnam US Army Veteran the Medal of Honor... & promptly hung it around his neck backwards...
Potter

Post by Potter »

MyLittleStudPony wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:37 pm
The pukka chaps with the good degrees will always go far. ;)
The real pukka chaps go far whether they have one or not.

But they're easy to get, so if you feel like you need one to get a leg up then crack on, if you succeed then I'll see you down at the Yacht club :thumbup:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

This specimen is the best that Biden could find?? We are truly fucked..

Mussels

Post by Mussels »

ZRX61 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:28 am Today, Biden awarded a Vietnam US Army Veteran the Medal of Honor... & promptly hung it around his neck backwards...
The bit that got me was Biden making a point about the award going to a black man, they both had the same skin tone.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

ZRX61 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:45 am This specimen is the best that Biden could find?? We are truly fucked..

He has all the qualifications he needs. You can see that for yourself.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

demographic wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:01 am Bit of a pisstake that shows just how much Fox news endorsed the lies about the last election in the states and that they knew they were lying as they did it.
Since I sat up and watched that débacle, I am convinced the election was rigged. Other opinions are available.

So it was with some interest I flicked through that propaganda piece, expecting to see all the obvious lies being perpetrated by this mouthpiece for the Democrat party. Would be fun because the "debunking" they typically refer to to "disprove" any wrongdoing/shenanegans/blatant election rigging are now easily shown to be false. After all these years, the truth has emerged albeit too late to do anything except prevent it from happening again.

But no. Not one single factual statement in that video. Just rhetoric and comic insults with canned laughter. It proves nothing because it says nothing. I mean, you know people have been found guilty of ballot harvesting right? It doesn't get much attention in the mainstream media of course and it really doesn't matter because the deed is done. Why bring it up?
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

ZRX61 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:28 am Today, Biden awarded a Vietnam US Army Veteran the Medal of Honor... & promptly hung it around his neck backwards...
Are you surprised? The guy is senile. Two most powerful men in the world and one is paranoid and delusional and the other is fit for a care home.

Who's really in charge?
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Bigjawa wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:26 pm
Are you surprised? The guy is senile. Two most powerful men in the world and one is paranoid and delusional and the other is fit for a care home.

Who's really in charge?
As I have been saying for some time now, our nominal “democracy” has been hijacked by global corporate interests, including of course those asset management companies who have all the money. They own all of the big tech, big pharma, social media, mainstream media, yadda yadda.

They are now going after the farms so that they can control food production since they already own the distribution. It is all laid out in the great reset which is extraordinary when you think about it. Not only are they clearly intent on controlling the entire world irrespective of government interference (which can be bought) but they have laid out those plans for all to see.

I rather suspect we will see the end of freedom of speech or even “free” access to the internet. While big tech is clearly being heavily censored, it is still possible to “own” your own website or set up a service to rival the big players like Google/YouTube/Instagram etc. I don’t see that lasting much longer…
demographic

Post by demographic »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:01 pm
demographic wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:01 am Bit of a pisstake that shows just how much Fox news endorsed the lies about the last election in the states and that they knew they were lying as they did it.
Since I sat up and watched that débacle, I am convinced the election was rigged. Other opinions are available.

So it was with some interest I flicked through that propaganda piece, expecting to see all the obvious lies being perpetrated by this mouthpiece for the Democrat party. Would be fun because the "debunking" they typically refer to to "disprove" any wrongdoing/shenanegans/blatant election rigging are now easily shown to be false. After all these years, the truth has emerged albeit too late to do anything except prevent it from happening again.

But no. Not one single factual statement in that video. Just rhetoric and comic insults with canned laughter. It proves nothing because it says nothing. I mean, you know people have been found guilty of ballot harvesting right? It doesn't get much attention in the mainstream media of course and it really doesn't matter because the deed is done. Why bring it up?
Ballot harvesting eh? Link? And what kind of numbers are we talking here?
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

demographic wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:38 am Ballot harvesting eh? Link? And what kind of numbers are we talking here?
You mean how many got caught??

Doesn't matter. Point being there was a LOT of manipulation going on at the time, curious events such as a "fire emergency" shutting down a counting centre which then opened up again hours later, un moderated coincidentally during a massive spike in democrat votes being "counted".

There was a shit ton of similar shenanigans being perpetrated again by sheer coincidence in just exactly those swing states where the result was always going to be tight.

But again that's not the point, the point is all of this stuff was happening in the direct view of the world under a complete blanket of silence from the mainstream media - like it never happened. Later of course the mainstream just promote the idea that everything was "debunked" when the fact of the matter is, nothing ever was.
demographic

Post by demographic »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:16 pm
demographic wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:38 am Ballot harvesting eh? Link? And what kind of numbers are we talking here?
You mean how many got caught??

Doesn't matter. Point being there was a LOT of manipulation going on at the time, curious events such as a "fire emergency" shutting down a counting centre which then opened up again hours later, un moderated coincidentally during a massive spike in democrat votes being "counted".

There was a shit ton of similar shenanigans being perpetrated again by sheer coincidence in just exactly those swing states where the result was always going to be tight.

But again that's not the point, the point is all of this stuff was happening in the direct view of the world under a complete blanket of silence from the mainstream media - like it never happened. Later of course the mainstream just promote the idea that everything was "debunked" when the fact of the matter is, nothing ever was.
I was actually asking how many votes were altered?
And remember, you just had a whinge at me for not providing evidence so can you stick to yer guns and provide some links and evidence please? Ta muchly.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

I'm less interested in links to lazy hazy websites of 'facts' as to how the vote could have been rigged, and more interested in how it's possible for the whole of 'mainstream' media to collude and not one to go "I tell you what? No thanks.". Because they all unanimously decided one day to help slightly screw Trump and back who-the-fuck-are-you Biden?. All those news services, globally, at the same time, none of them seeing the exposé as the bigger story. And similarly none of the colluders breaking silence over following years.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Who's really in charge?
The oligarchs in Russia and their equivalents in the USA.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:06 pm

Who's really in charge?
The oligarchs in Russia and their equivalents in the USA.
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Money rules. It used to be the landed gentry and the favourites of the royals and that's about the extent of 'the great reset' the shift of power from 'old money' to 'new money'. Plus ça change really just that we now have a ruling class that bought their own furniture, houses and land rather than inherited them.

Screwd makes me laugh. There's no evidence of whatever he wants to prove because....there's a conspiracy. Next, there's no evidence of a conspiracy because...there's a conspiracy. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Ballot harvesting is a really odd one. I remember reading about it and being fascinated by the whole idea when I first heard the term.

It might sound like some sort of smoking gun to say people have been jailed for it, it sounds half a step from vote rigging right?

In fact it's only illegal in something like half the states, might actually be fewer than that. There are many organisations (of both colours) which promote the idea. Supposedly its particularly effective at enfranchising certain segments of the population...for example ethnic minorities and rural communities....so it gets a lot of support in some quarters.
demographic

Post by demographic »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:02 pm Ballot harvesting is a really odd one. I remember reading about it and being fascinated by the whole idea when I first heard the term.

It might sound like some sort of smoking gun to say people have been jailed for it, it sounds half a step from vote rigging right?

In fact it's only illegal in something like half the states, might actually be fewer than that. There are many organisations (of both colours) which promote the idea. Supposedly its particularly effective at enfranchising certain segments of the population...for example ethnic minorities and rural communities....so it gets a lot of support in some quarters.

Ahh, so kind of the opposite of voter ID before anyone can vote in UK elections now, despite there only being about 14 suspected votes being used by another person and only one proven instance (one vote as well) in 2019 of it happening.
Then allowing OAPs to use their bus pass but not allowing young people to use their rail card.
I'll leave it for you to guess at which voters thats more likely to disenfranchise.

So 14 votes worth of maybe and one single solitary proven case in 2019 and its a massive issue?