What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
gremlin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by gremlin »

Just got through the front door from a week away and I receive a text informing me another friend had passed away from cancer.

Fuck cancer.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Slept after nights, cleaned the ferrets cage, back to work and a huge steak n chips after fettling a colleagues son’s MTB gears (I REALLY HATE WORKING ON B.S.O.’s)
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
cheb

Post by cheb »

Done the second day of a three day first aid course.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Got the show pony out of the garage, tarted it up a bit, ordered some bits for it and put it back in the garage.

It's getting an outing next month.
Honda Owner
Horse

Post by Horse »

cheb wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:38 pm Done the second day of a three day first aid course.
How many acronyms can you remember?

DRABC AVPU etc ...
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
cheb

Post by cheb »

DRABC gets longer each time I do one of these courses. Then there's SAMPLE, ATMIST, ROLE and more, many many more.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

gremlin wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:48 pm Just got through the front door from a week away and I receive a text informing me another friend had passed away from cancer.

Fuck cancer.
That sux. Hugs to you x
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I got up to see lovely sunshine. Great as I've signed up to a yoga class across the way - outdoor one!!

Now there are some clouds wandering over - not impressed!!! Will need to dig out a warmer to I think!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Woke up and remembered I went too fast yesterday past a mobile police speed camera and I'm 99% I got done.
You have to lock your doors and you can't leave anything on show in your car because the streets aren't safe, but going 10mph over the limit on a newly designated 40mph dual carriageway is stamped on right enough.

I was going to join the Sunday bikers and go for a ride, but I just don't fancy it now, the police used to wait in villages and quite rightly nick people speeding through them, but they abandoned that when they realised that it doesn't draw enough revenue, so now they wait around corners on deserted country roads or dual carriageways.

Yesterday the motorway was down to 60mph for no reason except a sign said it was for air quality.

Roads in the UK are meant for getting from A to B now, it's frowned upon to go out just because you enjoy driving or riding.
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Must be awful to visit a place with such restrictive regulations. Where is it you live again?
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Did the yoga class - mostly sunshine :D And all in French!! I usually (well, used to usually, only been once this year when she started outdoor yoga) go to a class in the valley run by an American lady but she makes SOOOO many comments like "if you can't manage this with your arm, do this", pretty much constantly. It's bad enough that I can't, but having someone remind me and tell everyone in the group that I can't pee'd me off. Last time (after a gap of about a year) it really upset me, so I didn't go back

I told the lady this morning that I had issues with my shoulder, explained exactly what and said that she needn't worry or adjust as I could change some things and just not do others

I did have to adjust/change a lot :lol: But it was really good to have a class without being constantly singled out for being a spazz.

I know the American lady thinks she's being kind. Maybe she feels she has to say that stuff to cover herself for insurance. But it really really made the classes difficult because I hate that I can't use my arm properly. I was never much good at yoga pre shoulder issue, but I could at least put both hands over my head, stretch them out to the sides and balance on them for things like the downdog stuff. Now I can balance on my hands and feet for a little while, then I just have to change things to work for me. Can't use both arms for most of the positions. And yes. That is still seriously affecting me. But I have to get on with it and try not to think about that too much or I get miserable.

So today's class was awesome as she just let me adjust and change things to work for me with zero comments to me. Bloody awesome :banana-dance:
Potter

Post by Potter »

slowsider wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:58 am Must be awful to visit a place with such restrictive regulations. Where is it you live again?

Driving in the UK is a misery compared to where I live.
That's a fact, although if you want to make some sort of statement based on your extensive experience then don't let me stop you.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Potter wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:51 am Woke up and remembered I went too fast yesterday past a mobile police speed camera and I'm 99% I got done.
You have to lock your doors and you can't leave anything on show in your car because the streets aren't safe, but going 10mph over the limit on a newly designated 40mph dual carriageway is stamped on right enough.

I was going to join the Sunday bikers and go for a ride, but I just don't fancy it now, the police used to wait in villages and quite rightly nick people speeding through them, but they abandoned that when they realised that it doesn't draw enough revenue, so now they wait around corners on deserted country roads or dual carriageways.

Yesterday the motorway was down to 60mph for no reason except a sign said it was for air quality.

Roads in the UK are meant for getting from A to B now, it's frowned upon to go out just because you enjoy driving or riding.
That's why trackdays and MTB were invented
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Potter wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:51 am Woke up and remembered I went too fast yesterday past a mobile police speed camera and I'm 99% I got done.

We’ve just got back from 500 miles of gloriously twisty roads with some great scenery. We didn’t see a single police car or camera.

So it’s just a case of finding the right roads to ride.

Alternatively you could just sit there and whine. ;)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

wheelnut wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:54 pm

We’ve just got back from 500 miles of gloriously twisty roads with some great scenery. We didn’t see a single police car or camera.

So it’s just a case of finding the right roads to ride.

Alternatively you could just sit there and whine. ;)
It does depend where you are in the UK. Where I was, if we wanted to go to Wales for a play (which is where my riding buddy headed to every weekend) then you have to use motorway. Not just Motorway, but average speed camera motorway. Pretty much every route off the M4 was a LONG way round and almost certainly would have had cameras/police cars on it.
He kinda knew the places the police would wait with mobile camera once past Chepstow, but it was pretty much impossible to avoid them completely when we were out :( :(
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Went to go out on the FZ but the battery was flat, so I went out on my emtb instead, now watching wsb, bsb and wec

Only place we get speed cameras is on the A14, which is a dull dual carriageway, all the good roads have less police on than they did 30 years ago.
Honda Owner
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Decided to go for a quick run on the scoot then get it in the garden ready to do some work on next week, but it rained so I didn't. :roll:

Just as well as my Step Dad fell over last night and I've just had to take him back to hospital as I think he's fractured his wrist!
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Potter wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:14 pm
slowsider wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:58 am Must be awful to visit a place with such restrictive regulations. Where is it you live again?

Driving in the UK is a misery compared to where I live.
That's a fact, although if you want to make some sort of statement based on your extensive experience then don't let me stop you.
Misery my arse. There may be a reason that the UK has 9 times fewer road deaths per capita (that's a fact, not personal opinion) than UAE.

Aren't you the one with the marigolds and tweed gear who isn't bothered with speed anymore?

Now, go and get your car cleaned so you don't get fined. But be sure to clean it the right way, so you don't get another fine.
https://theculturetrip.com/middle-east/ ... residents/
Potter

Post by Potter »

slowsider wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:54 pm
Misery my arse. There may be a reason that the UK has 9 times fewer road deaths per capita (that's a fact, not personal opinion) than UAE.

Aren't you the one with the marigolds and tweed gear who isn't bothered with speed anymore?

Now, go and get your car cleaned so you don't get fined. But be sure to clean it the right way, so you don't get another fine.
Really?
Is that where you going? A bloke in Ireland pointing fingers for strange laws and being backwards?

:lol:
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Potter wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:09 pm
slowsider wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:54 pm

Really?
Is that where you going? A bloke in Ireland pointing fingers for strange laws and being backwards?

:lol:
You can't wait to get back to UK so you can whine about it.

I've just driven home from Sussex through Wales. The most oppressive part of it was traffic levels, not policing.
At least you weren't clogging the roads up with your thrupenny bit cornering. :wave: