If we were to rejoin the EU tomorrow, what benefits would you miss most about Brexit?

Current affairs, Politics, News.
mangocrazy

Re: If we were to rejoin the EU tomorrow, what benefits would you miss most about Brexit?

Post by mangocrazy »

Ant wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:34 pm You put the blame entirely on them, which is different to suggesting they were the trigger.
Earlier in the thread I wrote:
mangocrazy wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:32 pm I was simply pointing out that the Kwarteng/Truss budget was the trigger for the markets to go into a tailspin and billions of pounds to be wiped off the value of pension funds
And your point is?
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Ant

Re: If we were to rejoin the EU tomorrow, what benefits would you miss most about Brexit?

Post by Ant »

mangocrazy wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:54 pm
Ant wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:34 pm You put the blame entirely on them, which is different to suggesting they were the trigger.
mangocrazy wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:32 pm I was simply pointing out that the Kwarteng/Truss budget was the trigger for the markets to go into a tailspin and billions of pounds to be wiped off the value of pension funds
And your point is?
I just said what it was. But it comes as no surprise that it went over your head.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Ant wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:07 pm
And your point is?
I just said what it was. But it comes as no surprise that it went over your head.
You've been found out, given chapter and verse, and you still can't admit it. No change there, then.
Ant

Post by Ant »

mangocrazy wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:43 pm

And your point is?
You've been found out, given chapter and verse, and you still can't admit it. No change there, then.
Found out? Doing?

Ok, so you've missed the point entirely, said something which doesn't make sense, so now we're doing the magocrazy train, where I've now asked a question you'll not be able to answer.

You're either cleverly gaslighting, or you really aren't all there. Sometimes this is funny, other times it's a question of mental sanity.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Ant wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:46 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:43 pm

Found out? Doing?

Ok, so you've missed the point entirely, said something which doesn't make sense, so now we're doing the magocrazy train, where I've now asked a question you'll not be able to answer.

You're either cleverly gaslighting, or you really aren't all there. Sometimes this is funny, other times it's a question of mental sanity.
Whatever. I'm tired of trying to point out the numerous inconsistencies and absurdities of your comments, only for you to (deliberately) misunderstand what I've written. Conversing with you is like trying to knit yoghurt.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Inconsistencies? You are the one always backpedalling when asked a question based on what you've said. You are utterly bonkers.

If they make a rerun of some mothers do 'av 'em, you'd fit right in, Frank Spencer material :thumbup:
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

So why are you even bothering to engage with me then? Tell you what - you put me on ignore and I'll do the same to you. Job jobbed.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Oooooooh Betty!

Frank Spencer has flounced from the conversation :D

See, ask a question based on what he said, full on meltdown. I've had a lot of worries Betty :lol:
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

So I take it that's a no, then? Shame, as I'm sure most people on the forum are getting tired of these little spats.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Ant wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:46 pmyou've missed the point entirely.
In other words, you've not explained it in a way he can understand.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Ant

Post by Ant »

Horse wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:20 pm
Ant wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:46 pmyou've missed the point entirely.
In other words, you've not explained it in a way he can understand.
Yes, that is rather apparent :lol:
cheb

Post by cheb »

Ant wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:09 pm Oooooooh Betty!

Frank Spencer has flounced from the conversation :D

See, ask a question based on what he said, full on meltdown. I've had a lot of worries Betty :lol:

So has most of the rest of the forum.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

I think that it's time for all parties to stop the ming mong ping pong,
It has become very tiresome - and honestly, a bit dull to read through.
Obviously cabin fever is at play, but really ....
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Feel free to start commenting again (in a adult like manner) - I am sure that Rishi deserves some discussion
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

The thread title was childish to start with, I never expected anything but mmpp from it.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Mussels wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:14 pm The thread title was childish to start with, I never expected anything but mmpp from it.
Good point, well made...

We left - and have to get on with it.

It's bit like people harping back to the days of the Empire and good quality glue to sniff. It's gone - so it is now time to deal with the future.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Mr Moofo wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:17 pm
Mussels wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:14 pm The thread title was childish to start with, I never expected anything but mmpp from it.
Good point, well made...

We left - and have to get on with it.

It's bit like people harping back to the days of the Empire and good quality glue to sniff. It's gone - so it is now time to deal with the future.
Our Frank Spencer still has a stock of the old glue by the looks of it....
Docca

Post by Docca »

This response always reminds me of plums you get in TV quiz shows moaning that they weren’t asked the right questions. Y’know, the ones they knew the answers to.

Whether or not the question was highbrow enough for some, the responses have underlined a paucity or even complete absence of argument regarding benefits of Brexit.
G.P

Post by G.P »

If there was someone senior in the treasury who could come into the thread and point out that exchequer is £x million better off because of our non EU status that would be interesting.
I haven't seen anything amongst the MMPP across 22 pages that calls out any material benefit from our exit that would be missed. Therefore I'm concluding that there might be a financial benefit for the Govt, but not really anything else?
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

G.P wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:49 am If there was someone senior in the treasury who could come into the thread and point out that exchequer is £x million better off because of our non EU status that would be interesting.
I haven't seen anything amongst the MMPP across 22 pages that calls out any material benefit from our exit that would be missed. Therefore I'm concluding that there might be a financial benefit for the Govt, but not really anything else?
It's that mysterious element, sovereigntinium, that disappears as soon as you try and put it under a microscope.