F1 Race

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Wreckless Rat

Re: F1 Race

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Maybe Schumacher Jnr will be the next uber champ... likely to be in F1 next year... currently top of the pile in F2
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Depends if he can get parachuted into a good car straight away.

His dad was probably the closest thing to a perfect racing driver as we'll ever see. Dunno if Mick is the same.
"Does this bus go to the Titanic?"

"No missus, It's a submarine you need....."
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Bigjawa wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:56 pm Depends if he can get parachuted into a good car straight away.

His dad was probably the closest thing to a perfect racing driver as we'll ever see. Dunno if Mick is the same.
And yet at the time, just like LH, many claimed he just had the best car.....

..still had to drive it, fast.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

I see LH, the useless driver that he is, snatched P1 with an awesome record breaking qualifying lap. :lol:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

If he wins today he'll match Schumacher's record.

Schumi was another driver who just had the best car though, so who cares?
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:44 am If he wins today he'll match Schumacher's record.

Funny how the best champs get the best cars....you’d think Mercedes would put a mediocre driver in their cars... lol
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:37 am
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:44 am If he wins today he'll match Schumacher's record.

Funny how the best champs get the best cars....you’d think Mercedes would put a mediocre driver in their cars... lol
They do, he's called Bottas......

The fact that he was able to keep Verstappen at bay proves that either the Red Bull is an utter hound and Max drives the wheels off it, or Bottas is rather average and the Merc is a missile.....

Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Schumi was more complete than Lewis or Senna, he was able to totally rejuvenate Ferrari and build a team round himself, put LH or Senna into the absolute shiteshow that was 90s Ferrari and they'd have a nervous breakdown.

He might have been a ruthless bastard who overstepped the mark, but he was something really really special.

Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Bigjawa wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:27 pm

Schumi was more complete than Lewis or Senna, he was able to totally rejuvenate Ferrari and build a team round himself, put LH or Senna into the absolute shiteshow that was 90s Ferrari and they'd have a nervous breakdown.

He might have been a ruthless bastard who overstepped the mark, but he was something really really special.
All just supposition and like comparing boxers from different generations to decide "who would win", when it is impossible to know. You have to laugh, Ferrarri's success was down to Schumacher "building the team around him" *cough*bullSHIT*cough*

Ferrari's success then, just like Mercedes now, was a combination of team effort, matching the right people, with the right jobs, in a team that works. LH will in the end beat MS records - but of course, to many, its just because he had a good drive that worked for him.. what just like MS did, just like VR did, just like all the champs that have ever been have had.

You can look at Ducati 2007/2008 with Stoner aboard, it was a good example of skill matching a machine - with Stoner on it the Ducati was all but unstoppable, no-one else could ride it fast though. Saying LH is winning just because he has a fast car is laughable. Put someone else in it, and they may never win a race... that's racing.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Schumacher was able to weather the internal politics to his own gain, the driver who was dominant for 4 years before Lewis was Vettel and he has came apart like a cheap suspension part at Marenello. Even Lauda gave up in the end and he was almost devoid of emotion.

I hope Lewis doesn't go to Ferrari to end his career because it'll just end badly.

Lewis will win in a half decent car, but unless the car is noticeably better than the opposition he won't dominate the way he is doing now. That's true of all the greats of F1. If you had a field of identical cars, LH would win, but not be dominant.

I feel awfully sorry for LH today, those penalties are like facing a firing squad for parking on a yellow line. F1 is becoming a sport of too many rules.

ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Bigjawa wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:39 pm I feel awfully sorry for LH today, those penalties are like facing a firing squad for parking on a yellow line. F1 is becoming a sport of too many rules.
At least they put a stop to his bullshit political narrative t-shirts.
Those who possess real knowledge are rare.

Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still.

The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Bigjawa wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:39 pm Schumacher was able to weather the internal politics to his own gain, the driver who was dominant for 4 years before Lewis was Vettel and he has came apart like a cheap suspension part at Marenello. Even Lauda gave up in the end and he was almost devoid of emotion.

I hope Lewis doesn't go to Ferrari to end his career because it'll just end badly.

Lewis will win in a half decent car, but unless the car is noticeably better than the opposition he won't dominate the way he is doing now. That's true of all the greats of F1. If you had a field of identical cars, LH would win, but not be dominant.

I feel awfully sorry for LH today, those penalties are like facing a firing squad for parking on a yellow line. F1 is becoming a sport of too many rules.
I think LH is massively underrated by many, I know people who won't support anything he does because he is black, others because they say he is whiney or up his own arse. Show me a F1 driver who isn't a whiney prima donna, it comes with the personalities who are able to race at high speed.

MS was happy to cheat, one thing LH is, is a fair driver. He wins on the combination of a good car, team that works, and the skill to drive it fast. That is what it takes to be No1 over and over. It's always the same with a person that constantly wins, people want to say it's the car.... no matter how good the car is, you still have to have the skill to drive it at warp 10, not 9.75, or 9.8... It could well be, he is simply able to make the car look good, us mortals will never know.

As for judging whether he would fail because Vettel has, is somewhat blinkered imho. I think all given the same car, LH would still be one of the greats, perhaps he wouldn't win as much, but you could say the same for MS.... there was a time when the F in FIA was all but meaning Ferrari...

One thing I do agree on, is the rule book has become stupid. They rescinded the points, but kept the time penalty... one could argue LH has a point about being picked on, from the outside looking in, it does appear the rule book seems to apply more harshly to LH more than other drivers, which is a shit way to manage the sport, and will ruin it.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Bigjawa wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:23 pm
They do, he's called Bottas......

The fact that he was able to keep Verstappen at bay proves that either the Red Bull is an utter hound and Max drives the wheels off it, or Bottas is rather average and the Merc is a missile.....
Sorry I missed this post.

It doesn't prove that at all, that's your view of it. It could just as easily prove that Bottas is a good driver and Verstappen isn't quite what you think....

Perhaps the Red Bull is an awesome car, but Verstappen can't drive it for shit...
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Bottas is the remake of Riccardo Patrese, just quick enough to win if someone happens the number one but paid to be the dutiful number two, in that role he's perfect. There's no way LH would want anyone genuinely fast after Rosberg beat him and Mercedes wouldn't want it either. You can't blame the guy for taking the considerable amount of coin for doing it, especially if he gets the odd win when Lewis has a bad day.

Two things say Max is quick, one, if there anyone as quick or quicker available, Marko would have them for a lot less cash than Max commands, and two, he has outqualified his teammates by a decent margin, look at poor old Gasly, dumped in favour of Albon who's no better, because Max just keeps blowing them into the weeds.

We're in interesting times, Lewis is coming to possibly the autumn of his career, although he got an unfair IMO penalty, rules is rules and he shouldn't say that the F1 folk are out to get him like he is doing at the minute. Balestre might be dead but his spirit lives on in all motorsports governing bodies.....

Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Lewis Hamilton can drive a racing car, should people take notice of the political crap that he spouts, no, if he wants to be a politician he should get himself elected and take some responsibility for the bollocks he comes out with.
Honda Owner
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Bigjawa wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:46 pm Bottas is the remake of Riccardo Patrese, just quick enough to win if someone happens the number one but paid to be the dutiful number two, in that role he's perfect. There's no way LH would want anyone genuinely fast after Rosberg beat him and Mercedes wouldn't want it either. You can't blame the guy for taking the considerable amount of coin for doing it, especially if he gets the odd win when Lewis has a bad day.

Two things say Max is quick, one, if there anyone as quick or quicker available, Marko would have them for a lot less cash than Max commands, and two, he has outqualified his teammates by a decent margin, look at poor old Gasly, dumped in favour of Albon who's no better, because Max just keeps blowing them into the weeds.

We're in interesting times, Lewis is coming to possibly the autumn of his career, although he got an unfair IMO penalty, rules is rules and he shouldn't say that the F1 folk are out to get him like he is doing at the minute. Balestre might be dead but his spirit lives on in all motorsports governing bodies.....
Bottas is so shit, yet whoops Verstappens arse on a regular basis... lol
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:59 pm Bottas is so shit, yet whoops Verstappens arse on a regular basis... lol
Lewis is probably the best driver, definitely in the best car. Bottas is good but he's not champion material. Verstappen would beat LH if he gets a ride in the Merc.

If Verstappen went to Merc. LH and he would probably be swapping 1st and 2nd or taking each other out. Might leave the door open for the third best driver to win the championship. Like that cheating fucker Rosberg.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:41 pm
Wreckless Rat wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:59 pm Bottas is so shit, yet whoops Verstappens arse on a regular basis... lol
Lewis is probably the best driver, definitely in the best car. Bottas is good but he's not champion material. Verstappen MIGHT beat LH if he gets a ride in the Merc, but he might not, impossible to say with any certainty.

If Verstappen went to Merc. LH and he would probably be swapping 1st and 2nd or taking each other out. Might leave the door open for the third best driver to win the championship. Like that cheating fucker Rosberg.
That slighted edited I would agree with....
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:03 pm
That slighted edited I would agree with....
Edit away.

Clearly Mercedes wanted a German champion. LHs' car was literally unbelievably unreliable in comparison with Rosbergs' who also took the opportunity to ram LH out of his way whenever convenient and "oops" accidentally stop him from getting pole at Monaco etc. Watching Rosberg pretend to lose control and accidentally park his car where it would end qualifying is without doubt the worst display of unsportsmanlike behaviour I have ever seen.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato