Dune du Pilat

Anything to do with being out and about, whether on your own or looking to arrange trips and adventures with forum members
Sadlonelygit

Re: Dune du Pilat

Post by Sadlonelygit »

KungFooBob wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:46 pm As an aside, have Fronch speed cameras stopped flashing when they take a picture?

I went through two today at 40kph+ more than the limit, they didn't flash at all.
They may well have been 'neutered!
Although defacing a speed camera carries a possible prison sentence, its a big thing over here now having the lens painted over or tipping the trailer ones over, a typical bit of french 'deux doights' to the establishment.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Neither the grey hedgehog ones or the white lollypop ones wanted to flash me!

I think I'm going to Troyes tomorrow.

I've been before (on Weeksy's recommendation iirc) it's nice and not to far to go in the rain :)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Sadlonelygit wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:07 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:46 pm As an aside, have Fronch speed cameras stopped flashing when they take a picture?

I went through two today at 40kph+ more than the limit, they didn't flash at all.
They may well have been 'neutered!
Although defacing a speed camera carries a possible prison sentence, its a big thing over here now having the lens painted over or tipping the trailer ones over, a typical bit of french 'deux doights' to the establishment.
There's one on the N90 in Albertville that has red paint on the lenses - someone posted a photo on one of the French FB pages the other week of his speeding fine - one of the lenses still works!! :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

KungFooBob wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:31 pm Still in Reims (and glorious sunshine),
I hope your bike's secure in Reims,don't mean to get you paranoid but just a heads up...

KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I'm home!

I didn't go to Bordeaux or visit the dune

I did ride 1033.3 miles. Tho to be fair it's 240 to Folkestone from my house, so not much Fronch miles really.

Only touched a peage for the dash back for the crossing from Bethune to Calais.

Had two new nights in Reims in the sunshine, a night in Troyes after a very soggy ride. Troyes is far nicer when it's sunny (and everything isn't closed on a Monday).

Then a night in Compiègne, which I'd never heard of, but boy are there some posh expensive looking houses on the way in.

Then two nights in Amiens, which is pretty nice, there's some nice stuff in the Picardie museum.

Then the last night in Bethune, cos any town with a belfry is cool by me.

Stopped in two star hotels, plenty in town and city centres with parking, don't think I paid more than £60 anywhere

Drank too much beer and fizzy wine.

Glad to be in my own bed tonight.

Next year I'll try again, but in August!
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Next 3 weeks are supposed to be goy-jus!
Yesterday was too hot to be walking around an expo in leathers kind of day, but perfect on the bike.