Pretty bikes

Anything you like about motorbikes
KungFooBob

Re: Pretty bikes

Post by KungFooBob »

The SL in Z250SL means 'Super Light'.

Oddly the tinternet says the CB is actually lighter than the Z250, I can't see how, there's nothing to it!
A_morti

Post by A_morti »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:58 pm The SL in Z250SL means 'Super Light'.

Oddly the tinternet says the CB is actually lighter than the Z250, I can't see how, there's nothing to it!
Can't see them listed new at the main dealer but a backstreet place *just* listed a 2015 with 24k km and an akrapovic for 3,000€.

Not fully sold on the headlight but other than that it's a decent looking thing.
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

Hows about a pretty and appreciating XT 500

A_morti

Post by A_morti »

If it were in Malta and had a front disc I'd be interested in that.
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

They do cost a bundle these days but there are a few around.

When I was a very junior Sound assistant I was on a drama shoot (series title" The racing game" a Dick Francids title. The shot was a stunt where the stunt man jumps the above bike over a lane into a field whilst being chased by various peeps.
The props dept bring the bike up and the stunt man proceeds to flood it. everyman and his dog try kickstarting it to no avail. As i said I was a very junior sound assistant (should be seen and not heard) eventually The unit manager says to the assembled crew, anyone think they can start this? I Stick my hand up and say" I can" a jeer rings round the crowd. (I was well into off road bikes at the time so no biggie. I got them to tie it to the back of the props truck and they towed me about a mile before it cleared, we stopped and I ride it back to rapturous applause. Stunt man gets on it and does the jump, breaking his leg on landing! Prrhaps i should have done that too :shock: Episode tile was Horse-nap I believe.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1015631/?ref_=tt_eps_rhs_1
Stunt arranger needed his P45
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Old bikes are expensive over there aren't they.
A_morti

Post by A_morti »

So, after barely any procrastination at all, I've ordered a brand new cb300r. It's in black, and as it's one of the last few 2018's in stock I got it for €5k, which means the depreciation in the next 2-3 years should barely even sting. I'll pay the balance on Saturday and pick it up a few days later :)

In the end the super soco is too unknown for what will be used as a daily ride, Mash and the various similar brands using reheated 80's engines don't seem to cut the mustard for quality of finish or resale value, the fantic looked brilliant in pictures but the importer didn't have a single fantic to look at in person and they have various reliability issues which isn't cool when there's only an importer not a dealer in the country, and the niu rqi isn't out yet.

There's currently a couple of used z250sl's up for sale for 3k, a stock green one and a black one with an akra and what looks like cheap LED indicators. I saw one in the street and while I did get it, it didn't quite speak to me. Shame, as they recently reduced the road tax on 250's to 20€ a year, which is 50€ less than my 286cc bike will cost :wtf:
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

rodbargee wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:47 am They do cost a bundle these days but there are a few around.

When I was a very junior Sound assistant I was on a drama shoot (series title" The racing game" a Dick Francids title. The shot was a stunt where the stunt man jumps the above bike over a lane into a field whilst being chased by various peeps.
The props dept bring the bike up and the stunt man proceeds to flood it. everyman and his dog try kickstarting it to no avail. As i said I was a very junior sound assistant (should be seen and not heard) eventually The unit manager says to the assembled crew, anyone think they can start this? I Stick my hand up and say" I can" a jeer rings round the crowd. (I was well into off road bikes at the time so no biggie. I got them to tie it to the back of the props truck and they towed me about a mile before it cleared, we stopped and I ride it back to rapturous applause. Stunt man gets on it and does the jump, breaking his leg on landing! Prrhaps i should have done that too :shock: Episode tile was Horse-nap I believe.

stunt arranger, unlikely to have existed in 1978 props supplied the bike so a prop buyer fixed up the XT 500 for the day
A_morti

Post by A_morti »

Signed the papers today 😊

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

What is it?
A_morti

Post by A_morti »

Taipan wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:25 pmWhat is it?
2018 cb300r.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

A_morti wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:26 pm
2018 cb300r.
Sweet. Nice picture of it in Valletta harbour please!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:43 pm
2018 cb300r.
Underwater?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:44 pm
Taipan wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:43 pm

2018 cb300r.
Underwater?
:lol: I thought it'd make nice back drop, not to lob the bike in!
David

Post by David »

rodbargee wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:58 am
rodbargee wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:47 am They do cost a bundle these days but there are a few around.

stunt arranger, unlikely to have existed in 1978 props supplied the bike so a prop buyer fixed up the XT 500 for the day
I worked on boone and the like with the late peter brayham..known as goggles due to his thick specs.
He had to do a stunt with a production that involved driving a get away car round a series of hazards, starting in a closed mall, stopping screechily when the car would go no further and jumping out and legging it...in one shot. He did a run through..mark perfect!
The director reviewed the shot and said to pete..you cant do it, we can see your specs. He says I can do it without...much disbelief and jeering..
They let him in the end as thete was no alternative..and again..a mark perfect run, up till the point where he piles put of the car and ran full tilt into a lampost.
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

No use to the OP I know but I rather like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-C70-19 ... 4562743696

Also the 2018 CB1000R.