BMF start the loud pipe argument all over again

Anything you like about motorbikes
Horse

Re: BMF start the loud pipe argument all over again

Post by Horse »

crust wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:11 am It doesn't help that riders are like sheep ... In the south along the A272 the local councils are lobbying hard for more Police action, noise cameras, they are well aware the worst offenders are after market cans and are demanding action against modifications.
I've mentioned in this thread or another, that when training I would avoid the Alton are and south. Ironically, that have been several nasty bike crashes around that area - so very possibly riders crashing on roads they 'know' :roll:

And riders in the area (particularly on a Wednesday evening, where the highlight was the Alton station cafe) would complain when their bikes were checked over and found to be illegal. Well, durr . . . [Plod did have an interesting system working at one time: stroll around the parked-up bikes, note obvious points like small plates, then radio that info ahead and pull in just those bikes. Better than the Welsh 'corral everyone' approach]
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Bigjawa

Re: BMF start the loud pipe argument all over again

Post by Bigjawa »

According to BMW, my K12 is 94db standard. The big delkevic is 98-100 with the baffle in, the small one is 104-106 with the baffle. I never had the baffle in but just took the pipe off because it was headache inducing loud.

The pup's Harley is ridiculous, I've told him to go and get the standard pipes off the dealer as I don't want him getting his windows bricked.
"Does this bus go to the Titanic?"

"No missus, It's a submarine you need....."