MCN : BMW K1600GT (2017 - on) Review

Anything you like about motorbikes
The Spin Doctor

Re: MCN : BMW K1600GT (2017 - on) Review

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:50 pm In my first year at Uni I had to move out of halls over the Easter break (they used them to host corporate training). I managed to transport all my stuff home on my Honda CB-1 400cc bike. Including an old fashioned tower PC and a CRT monitor :D
Impressive ;) and I say that as a courier :)
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
dern

Post by dern »

dern wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:11 pm 334kg - pass. If my job was riding or I needed to get to somewhere very far away indeed it might make sense but otherwise no.
In a complete 180 and having watched a load of videos like this...

...I'm half (maybe a quarter) thinking about chopping my car in against a goldwing.
dosruedas

Post by dosruedas »

I swapped a 2007 Goldwing for a new K1600 in 2011. It was a bad mistake. I had been so enamoured of the engine and six speed gearbox that I overlooked a couple oof terrible faults. First, the bike pulled hard to the left and need constant correction and second, the throttle was awful at low speed with a very noticeable stepwise response which made cornering on a country road a horrible experience requiring me to hold higher revs than needed for the speed I was going and to slip the clutch. The various forums were full of these problems not long after I got the bike (one of the first in the UK) and some folk in the USA had worked out a way of fixing the steering but it was a real kludge and I didn't want to do it. The throttle response was eventually improved for some after numerous updates of the software but by then I had sold the bloody thing and got a GS Adventure instead.

Something of a record in turnover for me, the K1600 only had 3000 miles on it when I sold it. I should have kept the Goldwing, it was actually a great bike.