Wheelie courses

Anything you like about motorbikes
Le_Fromage_Grande

Re: Wheelie courses

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

wull wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:35 pm My favourite is when the front lifts going over crests at fun speeds, when you fart about with wheelies and get used to the feeling it doesn’t make the sense twitch like a rabbits nose.

There's a hill near me that anyone could wheelie over, it's been in Practical Sportsbikes Magazine a couple of times because you can get an easy wheelie shot over it, it's easier to wheelie over than Cadwell Mountain, for anyone interested it's on the small road from the A12 that goes to Waldringfield.
Skub

Post by Skub »

There's a stretch of road near me named The Seven Sisters,it's been a testing road for generations of local riders.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

FF to 4:55. Lifts at around 150.

Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

I have never deliberately wheelied, but have done so inadvertantly several times on the VFR. Big topbox full of crap, sit well back, give it beans and be a bit hamfisted with the clutch. Worked for me.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

slowsider wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:02 pm A ham-fisted non-biking mate of mine managed to get my CG125 vertical. :(
That's just reminded me I put a junior British trials champion through his CBT. He hadn't a clue how to ride a roundabout or that you were only supposed to go one way down a one way street and not do a U turn to ask me a question, but he could do things with a CG125 I wouldn't have believed possible including grinding the rear light on the ground.

We had a slow riding race - last one across the car park wins. He was still sat feet up on the start line when the last of us instructors crossed the line.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

The Spin Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:05 pm
slowsider wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:02 pm A ham-fisted non-biking mate of mine managed to get my CG125 vertical. :(
That's just reminded me I put a junior British trials champion through his CBT. He hadn't a clue how to ride a roundabout or that you were only supposed to go one way down a one way street and not do a U turn to ask me a question, but he could do things with a CG125 I wouldn't have believed possible including grinding the rear light on the ground.

We had a slow riding race - last one across the car park wins. He was still sat feet up on the start line when the last of us instructors crossed the line.
Surely you can only go one way down a one way street? :think:
Horse

Post by Horse »

Taipan wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:56 am
The Spin Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:05 pmyou were only supposed to go one way down a one way street
Surely you can only go one way down a one way street? :think:
Do you mean it depends whether he was going two ways sequentially or concurrently?

Or do you mean 'down' Vs 'up'?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Taipan wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:56 am Surely you can only go one way down a one way street? :think:
You can go the right way do it... or you can go the wrong way down it... just not at the same time :)
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills