How old were you the first time you rode a motorbike

Anything you like about motorbikes
scottyuk

Re: How old were you the first time you rode a motorbike

Post by scottyuk »

I'd been a pillion before but riding a bike was very late for me : 2007 at the age of 38.
If i'd done it before I doubt I'd be here now as it was only car crumple zones and seat belts keeping me safe.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

5th birthday, so 42 years ago this year. Mum bought me a Garelli thing, plonked me on it and away I went. Had various MX bikes right up to a Maico which I sold to buy a new MT5 for my 16th birthday. It was so crap I bought a crashed H100 for the oily bits and got it up to 60. Planned to sell it when I got my car test and forget about bikes, but found myself needing to earn money so bought a CB125 and became a courier. Been riding ever since but slowing down now.
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

I think I must have been about 4, I remember my (new) step dad buying a honda z50r for my brother and me, he also treated himself to a honda trike while he was at it. Seeing the z50r in the bike shop is my earliest biking memory !
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Under 10. My mate did schoolbpy scrambles and his Dad let me have a go of whatever his bikes was. Then in my early teens I bought knackered field bike,s Honda 90s, Mobylettes erc.
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

I was given my step mum's Puch Maxi for my 16th birthday as I was starting work & needed to get to various building sites.
That was summer 1977,until that point I had no interest in motorcycles,what an eye opener,who would have thought a Puch Maxi was a gateway drug?
I've been hooked on bikes ever since. :D
ajlog

Post by ajlog »

Would have been around 14, I bought an old DT175 field bike.
A group of us used an assortment of bikes from C90s to YZ125 to ride around the forestry commission land next to where we lived.
Back then in the 80’s it was still illegal but no one really bothered.
Today with the rise of MTB as a leisure activity the Afan Valley is no longer reverberating to the ‘ring ding’ of kids on crossers.
GuzziPaul

Post by GuzziPaul »

11 on a mates big brothers' Yam FS1E then a several different twist and go field bikes and my mums Honda C50 when no one was around for a blast up the street and back with a helmet on of course.