Trips and adventure planned for 2020?

Anything to do with being out and about, whether on your own or looking to arrange trips and adventures with forum members
Dodgy69

Re: Trips and adventure planned for 2020?

Post by Dodgy69 »

Made it to Carlisle. 200 miles from home via Penrith Alston Brampton, Carlisle. As @Druid said, Hartside pass is a superb road, last bit to Alston shut so small but nice diversion. No pics yet, get some tomorrow in and around Kielder.
Struggling a bit with right wrist, pulled muscle digging trench at home Monday. Not ideal but it don't stop a bike trip. 👍 Dry with sunny bits today, bit cold on pass but good enough.
Moffat in the morning. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Some great roads round the Moffat area. St Mary’s loch and the road past megget water is a must.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Had a few 🍸 so bare with me...great roads today. Saw spitfire man. Its in his front garden brilliant. Over to Selkirk and Hawick. Few more effin road closures but found kielder waters. More great scenery. Then down to hadrians wall 2000 yo bloody impressive and still there. On to Bishop Auckland for food n drink. No time for shower. 7.30 when we got there.

Yamaha rocket 3
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Back home and a great little trip had. My first time in Northumberland and I will be back. Great roads and in good nick, not like the crap roads around here, Shropshire. Fantastic scenery and thanks for the tips.
Came home via Hawes and Ingleton and more great roads, passed the Ribblehead Viaduct. Finally joining M6s.
Would highly recommend Northumberland and the Yorkshire Dales for biking trips, often missed out by folks rushing up to Glasgow, me included. The Spitfire is brilliant.

Imagepicture hosting sites
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Great job, you're not shy at getting out that's for sure
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

We've started the ball rolling to do Portimao mid April. Only £420 including hotels. And we don't need the expense of trackday insurance.
4 of us say yes ATM.

Mrs Y is gonna pop over as well in the motor to bring all the gear.

We and her might have an extended holiday in Portugal after. Or might do a tour with the lads.

It's a goer though :)
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Interesting I thought...

Yamaha rocket 3
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

and while I'm on the subject...BBc4 9pm tonight. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

and tonight. 👆
Yamaha rocket 3
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

A fantastic documentary telling his story in his own words. Captain Eric (winkle) Brown.

An absolute must see. Brilliant.
Yamaha rocket 3
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

scottyuk wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:24 pm I dropped my bike off today for shipping to Estoril. I've no idea if I'll be joining it in a weeks time or not! :crazy:
Ended up that I didn't. Bike went and is now coming back. Fingers crossed everything I left on the stillage is still there as although put away it spent quite a lot of time on the stillage in the paddock. Pictures suggest all ok but I'll find out next Sunday when I collect it. No idea when those that went and are now subject to quarantine will collect as the normal collection day is only 10 after they've got back.

Anyone taking bets that some will be there next Sunday? :|
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

scottyuk wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:41 pm
scottyuk wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:24 pm I dropped my bike off today for shipping to Estoril. I've no idea if I'll be joining it in a weeks time or not! :crazy:
Ended up that I didn't. Bike went and is now coming back. Fingers crossed everything I left on the stillage is still there as although put away it spent quite a lot of time on the stillage in the paddock. Pictures suggest all ok but I'll find out next Sunday when I collect it. No idea when those that went and are now subject to quarantine will collect as the normal collection day is only 10 after they've got back.

Anyone taking bets that some will be there next Sunday? :|
Gutted for you.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Dodgy knees wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:44 pm Back home and a great little trip had. My first time in Northumberland and I will be back. Great roads and in good nick, not like the crap roads around here, Shropshire. Fantastic scenery and thanks for the tips.
Came home via Hawes and Ingleton and more great roads, passed the Ribblehead Viaduct. Finally joining M6s.
Would highly recommend Northumberland and the Yorkshire Dales for biking trips, often missed out by folks rushing up to Glasgow, me included. The Spitfire is brilliant.
Glad you enjoyed the trip, wish i had known you were going as i must have missed it and might have been able to give some places and roads to head for. Sounds like Druid gave some tips as he knows that area well. We used to do easter weekends every year as a big group back in the Visordown and early TRC days up there so know all the best roads to play on around the Northern lakes and southern Scotland