A warranty tale

Anything you like about motorbikes
Horse

Re: A warranty tale

Post by Horse »

A_morti wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:35 am
Demannu wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:44 pm I'd be taking a hammer to the rear light of the demo bike, and see how long they take to fix it!
Right. Bit of casual criminal damage will definitely help the case :eh:
And when they finally get one brake light delivered, let's see which bike they'd fix first.
If he's taken previous advice, he's on cctv crapping through the letterbox, then torching the place. How much worse could it get?

That's not a challenge ;)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

A_morti wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:35 am
Demannu wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:44 pm I'd be taking a hammer to the rear light of the demo bike, and see how long they take to fix it!
Right. Bit of casual criminal damage will definitely help the case :eh:
And when they finally get one brake light delivered, let's see which bike they'd fix first.
Did you forget to pack your sense of humour when you moved to Malta?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

This does make me wonder a bit about PCP.

I dunno if the OPs bike is on PCP or not, but if it were they'd have to either give the bike back at the end of the term or cough up the balloon payment. I.e. there's a fixed end date some point down the line.

The bike being off the road for 6 weeks means you're at least one monthly payment "down" with no bike and no way of getting the month of missed use back.

I wonder what the legal rights are here.
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Horse wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:41 am If he's taken previous advice, he's on cctv crapping through the letterbox, then torching the place. How much worse could it get?
Torching the place THEN crapping through the letterbox...

...he'd burn his bum.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
tricol

Post by tricol »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:56 am I dunno if the OPs bike is on PCP or not
Yes, it's PCP, with a sizeable enough deposit. This months payment has just come out funnily enough, and feel annoyed that the bike hasn't been around to be used. I don't know where I stand on this, but I remember reading something in the warranty terms that said something along the lines of the owner not being able to claim back when there is a warranty claim.

Still waiting on the call from Youles, hope I don't have to start chasing again!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

tricol wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:53 am
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:56 am I dunno if the OPs bike is on PCP or not
Yes, it's PCP, with a sizeable enough deposit. This months payment has just come out funnily enough, and feel annoyed that the bike hasn't been around to be used. I don't know where I stand on this, but I remember reading something in the warranty terms that said something along the lines of the owner not being able to claim back when there is a warranty claim.

Still waiting on the call from Youles, hope I don't have to start chasing again!
Might be worth a call to PCP company, they techincally own the bike, so have a vested interest in it too and could potentially add some leverage.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

How about asking the dealer to give you something to the value of the time you've been without a bike. Nice set of gloves or something like that.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Supermofo wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:21 pm How about asking the dealer to give you something to the value of the time you've been without a bike. Nice set of gloves or something like that.
A couple of years ago a friend had traded his bike in for a BMW S1000RR H2 version. There were repeated cockups with delivery date and the Summer had been eaten into by a good few weeks without a bike.

The dealership gave him a £500 voucher for his troubles.

The point being,he didn't have to ask for that,it's the kind of thing which should happen with decent customer service. Putting a paying punter in the position where he/she needs to ask,then makes them feel the dealer is actually doing he/she a favour. It's arse about face.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

tricol wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:09 am
KungFooBob wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:08 pm Firebomb the dealership in the middle of the night, that'll learn them
I'm from Belfast, so have plenty of ideas up my sleeve ;)

I have sent an official complaint via the Triumph website to the dealer, but I will call the dealer and speak to management today.
Philip up to his tricks?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

The Spin Doctor wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:16 am
Horse wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:41 am If he's taken previous advice, he's on cctv crapping through the letterbox, then torching the place. How much worse could it get?
Torching the place THEN crapping through the letterbox...

...he'd burn his bum.
He wouldn't need the Bumming hat.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Skub wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:00 pm
Supermofo wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:21 pm How about asking the dealer to give you something to the value of the time you've been without a bike. Nice set of gloves or something like that.
A couple of years ago a friend had traded his bike in for a BMW S1000RR H2 version. There were repeated cockups with delivery date and the Summer had been eaten into by a good few weeks without a bike.

The dealership gave him a £500 voucher for his troubles.

The point being,he didn't have to ask for that,it's the kind of thing which should happen with decent customer service. Putting a paying punter in the position where he/she needs to ask,then makes them feel the dealer is actually doing he/she a favour. It's arse about face.
I agree. I had an issue after my old KTM duke was serviced. They came and picked it up and once sorted gave me a t-shirt to apologise and that was sorted in a day. Weeks and I'd have been expecting a big pampering.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Name and shame the dealer.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Yorick wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:52 pm Name and shame the dealer.
I wouldn't be the only one to reckon it's a well known ex racer. ;)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Skub wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:05 pm
Yorick wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:52 pm Name and shame the dealer.
I wouldn't be the only one to reckon it's a well known ex racer. ;)
Barry Sheene? Hailwood?
Horse

Post by Horse »

tricol wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:56 am They have no bikes in stock to take a light cluster from. Demo bike is out, booked for the next 2 weeks.
Did they mention when, if anyone places an order, they would be receiving a bike?
tricol

Post by tricol »

Another update. Once again, the first comment from the person on the other end of the phone was 'has nobody updated you?'. It was actually the guy who sold me the bike. Anyway, they have located a rear light unit and my 7 month overdue bar end mirrors from another dealer. Arriving in the next day or two.

The dealer is Youles in Manchester. I've already told them they won't be getting any more of my business after their awful communication over all of this.

Now, will I get lucky and have my bike this weekend? Certainly won't be holding my breath. I've also not been offered any compensation.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

tricol wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:40 pm Another update. Once again, the first comment from the person on the other end of the phone was 'has nobody updated you?'. It was actually the guy who sold me the bike. Anyway, they have located a rear light unit and my 7 month overdue bar end mirrors from another dealer. Arriving in the next day or two.

The dealer is Youles in Manchester. I've already told them they won't be getting any more of my business after their awful communication over all of this.

Now, will I get lucky and have my bike this weekend? Certainly won't be holding my breath. I've also not been offered any compensation.
I'd love to say yeah you'll have it, but I'm pessimistic I'm afraid.

The one good thing to come out of this is that we know who not to use now.
tricol

Post by tricol »

Yea, it's a real shame the whole thing.

I pumped a lot of money into getting my test last year after a huge personal debt period of my life that after almost 10 years got settled finally, then putting huge faith in Triumph with a bike I'd not thrown a leg over. The service during the purchasing process was decent enough, but the after sales has been pretty shocking.

I a bit of regret getting this bike, which is the exact opposite of what I was aiming for. Still, I'll look forward to a good summer.
Horse

Post by Horse »

tricol wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:31 pmthe after sales has been pretty shocking.
I really hope that they keep to the latest promise. Will you be making daily calls to check on progress?
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Sorry to hear its soured your start to biking. Hopefully you'll get to enjoy the rest of the summer and forget it.

Def change dealer and I'd also be writing a complaint to Triumph and them