Tell me about GSXR1100's

Anything you like about motorbikes
Le_Fromage_Grande

Re: Tell me about GSXR1100's

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

I know a couple of people over that way, they really don't like that shop, they think he's dodgy, but I feel the same way about Squeaky Bob in Ipswich and he's got 100% positive feed back on eBay.
Honda Owner
Skub

Post by Skub »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:44 pm I know a couple of people over that way, they really don't like that shop, they think he's dodgy, but I feel the same way about Squeaky Bob in Ipswich and he's got 100% positive feed back on eBay.
Yeah,I suppose feedback can be had if you know how. Word of mouth and local knowledge tends to be less common,but more dependable.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:43 am I can sell you one if you want, though I went out on it Monday and it was loads of fun.
Much underrated bike IMHO.

Sadly, no room at the inn these days (and after half my training season was shut down, no piggies in the bank either :| )
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

I know someone who's selling a nice standard one for £1500, which IMO is the right price for a good one.

The one I've got now is my 2nd one, it's a late one so has better size wheels and better brakes. They're good bikes, well made and can do high mileages without problems, mines done nearly 65,000 miles and it's still going fine, I know of one that was still going strong with 130,000 miles on it. The long wheelbase makes them very stable so they handle poor modern road surfaces well.
Honda Owner
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:04 pm I know someone who's selling a nice standard one for £1500, which IMO is the right price for a good one.

The one I've got now is my 2nd one, it's a late one so has better size wheels and better brakes. They're good bikes, well made and can do high mileages without problems, mines done nearly 65,000 miles and it's still going fine, I know of one that was still going strong with 130,000 miles on it. The long wheelbase makes them very stable so they handle poor modern road surfaces well.
Mine was a 90 Genesis with the 17" front wheel and slightly wider rear too, and also had better brakes IIRC. They were a few horses down on power from the earlier models.

The weakest spot was apparently the output shaft carrying the front sprocket - it would fail early if the chain was over-tensioned, something I've seen far too many people do over the years. Mine went at about 40k. A big end went at 90k, which was sad.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills