Current affairs, Politics, News.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Pfizer vaccine approved

Post by weeksy »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:11 pm
Harry wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:08 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:05 pm
I think you're right, I also think the number who'll genuinely object could be counted on one hand. I can't see that many of them would need to be coerced.

So if you want that as some kind of "aha, gotcha!" evidence that young people are being forced againt their will to take experimental drugs, go ahead. It wouldn't really do much to change my assessment. ;)
So we agree that some people may not want to take it, but they will under duress to enable them to keep their job and pay check.

Thats ALL my point was and I was right - how fucking difficult was it to move you to agree that point.
You know in some care homes being vaccinated against things like flu is already a compulsory requirement...
And under the circumstances seems a fairly reasonable request to me.

You can't work with high risk patients if you don't take it. I see that as common sense
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

and some councils etc insist you are vaccinated to work on sewers etc. No jabby jabby, no jobby jobby...

so what's the difference?

If you work on the rail, you can be subject to random drug testing, which can pick up drugs you have taken in your free time.

Meh... with some jobs come some responsibility, don't like it, find a different job.,
Horse

Post by Horse »

Harry wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:05 pm
Horse wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:01 pm I think it supports suggestions that you are trolling.
Then you need to tell me the definition of trolling because I'm about a whisker away from fucking this forum off. If you post anything that contradicts what the clique has posted here then the reply come back as "trolling".

I've asked you if you think young people working in care homes will be told that can only keep their jobs if they take the vaccine. I think they probably will and I asked your opinion. If asking that question is trolling them don't answer and I'll fuck off because this forum has rules I can't understand.
People doing it for themselves!
- carers
Given
- given
Forced
- really?
They'll get fired otherwise
- evidence?
Bound to happen

But rather than you supporting it, you divert attention by putting the question onto me. Then you ask me what trolling is.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

Amidst all the accusations of trollery I think there’s a couple of interesting points of debate here. Is acceptance of a vaccine simply altruistic or is it really just self-serving? Should people be coerced for the “greater good”?

It’s made me examine my motives a little deeper and it would be a shame if the debate was stifled
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Harry wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:05 pm
Horse wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:01 pm
Harry wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:59 pm

Anticipated is a more suitable word.
I anticipate that young care workers will be given no choice about taking the vaccine if they want to keep their jobs.

What do you think?
I think it supports suggestions that you are trolling.
Then you need to tell me the definition of trolling because I'm about a whisker away from fucking this forum off. If you post anything that contradicts what the clique has posted here then the reply come back as "trolling".

I've asked you if you think young people working in care homes will be told that can only keep their jobs if they take the vaccine. I think they probably will and I asked your opinion. If asking that question is trolling them don't answer and I'll fuck off because this forum has rules I can't understand.
Rules wtf. None of this discussion is either in or out of the rules. People are debating, some well, sone badly.

But none of what happening has anything to do with any forum rules
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Nidge wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:20 pm Amidst all the accusations of trollery I think there’s a couple of interesting points of debate here. Is acceptance of a vaccine simply altruistic or is it really just self-serving? Should people be coerced for the “greater good”?

It’s made me examine my motives a little deeper and it would be a shame if the debate was stifled
In all seriousness this is a question I've been asking myself too. As I said earlier, if other restrictions are applied is that just me chickening out of forcing people and deferring the responsibility to someone else?

I've also been thinking that we already live with a shit load of restrictions on our lives for the greater good, we call them laws. This is nothing new.
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:21 pm

Rules wtf. None of this discussion is either in or out of the rules. People are debating, some well, sone badly.

But none of what happening has anything to do with any forum rules
Not your rules, mob rules.
Potter

Post by Potter »

If a disease came along that 90% only affected millennials, do you think the boomers would have stopped the world to help you?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

It does feel like the final fuck you from a departing generation that burned the world doesn't it? :D
Potter

Post by Potter »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:39 pm It does feel like the final fuck you from a departing generation that burned the world doesn't it? :D
I think the sacrifice made by young people is the biggest sacrifice made by any generation since WW2.

Their education disrupted, their chances of jobs for the ones leaving school, their higher qualifications, their social lives at a crucial point in their lives, the loss of jobs at the start of their careers, the loss of businesses that young people took a chance on, lives ruined before they even got started properly, etc, etc.

My boy lost his apprenticeship over it, my daughter lost a job.
The likelihood of them dying from covid is less than them being eaten by a shark but their generation has born the brunt.

I hope the boomers are grateful for their sacrifice.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I anticipate that young care workers will be given no choice about taking the vaccine if they want to keep their jobs.

What do you think?
If I was in hospital with serious problems, and there were 2 available nurses. One with the jab and one without. Guess which I would pick :)
Potter

Post by Potter »

Yorick wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:48 pm
If I was in hospital with serious problems, and there were 2 available nurses. One with the jab and one without. Guess which I would pick :)
The one with the biggest tits?
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Social care workers are advised to have the flu jab, but not forced. The same will apply to Covid, although obviously that could change
People eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine, including health and social care staff, will not be forced to get their vaccination, the UK governments have confirmed.
This clarification follows the news yesterday morning (December 2) that the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine has been approved, with NHS staff set to start administering it as early as next week.

Speaking in parliament yesterday, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said that while he “strongly urges people” to get the vaccine, “it is no part of our culture or our ambition in this country to make vaccines mandatory”.
https://www.chemistanddruggist.co.uk/ne ... onfirmed.

Flu:
Refusing to be vaccinated
It’s important that as many health and social care workers as possible get the vaccine – it protects you, your family, and the people you care for from the flu – but if you don’t want to have the vaccine for whatever reason, you don’t have to have it.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... e-workers

That being said, given the amount of staff who will be on zero hours contracts, employers can simply not give hours to staff who haven't had the vaccine, should they wish to do so and assuming they can find replacement cover of course.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Harry wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:46 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:39 pm It does feel like the final fuck you from a departing generation that burned the world doesn't it? :D
I think the sacrifice made by young people is the biggest sacrifice made by any generation since WW2.

Their education disrupted, their chances of jobs for the ones leaving school, their higher qualifications, their social lives at a crucial point in their lives, the loss of jobs at the start of their careers, the loss of businesses that young people took a chance on, lives ruined before they even got started properly, etc, etc.

The likelihood of them dying from covid is less than them being eaten by a shark but their generation has born the brunt.

Grateful? We didn’t ask them to make any sacrifice ..if they had left the student union bar and voted there might be a different government ( although I doubt the lockdown and it’s effects would be any different) ..or they could do what they have been doing all along and ignore the rules the rest of society were following thereby extending the restrictions and increasing the spread of the virus ..
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:05 pm
Anticipated is a more suitable word.

What do you think?
I think you're right, I also think the number who'll genuinely object could be counted on one hand. I can't see that many of them would need to be coerced.

So if you want that as some kind of "aha, gotcha!" evidence that young people are being forced againt their will to take experimental drugs, go ahead. It wouldn't really do much to change my assessment. ;)
Because you have been brainwashed by 'the man' and you think everyone else is wrong?
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Gedge wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:06 pm
Harry wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:46 pm

Grateful? We didn’t ask them to make any sacrifice ..if they had left the student union bar and voted there might be a different government ( although I doubt the lockdown and it’s effects would be any different) ..or they could do what they have been doing all along and ignore the rules the rest of society were following thereby extending the restrictions and increasing the spread of the virus ..
Voice of the boomers speaks and says it all.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Greenman wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:12 pm
Because you have been brainwashed by 'the man' and you think everyone else is wrong?

Everyone except our glorious leader, yes.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

weeksy wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:13 pm
Wreckless Rat wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:11 pm
Harry wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:08 pm

So we agree that some people may not want to take it, but they will under duress to enable them to keep their job and pay check.

Thats ALL my point was and I was right - how fucking difficult was it to move you to agree that point.
You know in some care homes being vaccinated against things like flu is already a compulsory requirement...
And under the circumstances seems a fairly reasonable request to me.

You can't work with high risk patients if you don't take it. I see that as common sense
It's common sense to you that we potentially force good qualified people out of a job we desperately need them in just because they have made the choice to vaccine their own?

Strange.

If the gov force this upon us and put restrictions on travel, nightlife etc there will be riots and i will right at the front.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

OK so thibk of it this way greeny....

Would you be OK with a surgeon operating on you without washing their hands first?

How about something simpler...buying food from a restaurant that didn't wash it's plates between meals? How about one where they just lick the plates clean?

It's their choice after all.

As for forcing qualified people out of jobs. If they have any sort of medical or care experience and qualifications they'll know why they should be taking it. It really is a non issue IMO.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Harry wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:56 pm
Yorick wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:48 pm
The one with the biggest tits?
I go private. They all have nice tits :)