What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Rockburner

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Rockburner »

Got out on the bike yay!

Pootled around Surrey/Sussex and ended up having a cracking cream tea at Handcross. :D

Sometimes you find some lovely little roads and Southerm England is a lovely place to ride a bike.
non quod, sed quomodo
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Been playing with this lad, bought him home Saturday night. 1st one and he is genuinely amazing.
Attachments
D36DC321-E03F-4919-8D02-F538EAAD0A99.jpeg
D36DC321-E03F-4919-8D02-F538EAAD0A99.jpeg (182.41 KiB) Viewed 523 times
6F047D42-BE66-4A79-BC21-9750FC635169.jpeg
6F047D42-BE66-4A79-BC21-9750FC635169.jpeg (317.7 KiB) Viewed 523 times
F3759493-89F3-4ACF-AC18-59F4FBA9DC3B.jpeg
F3759493-89F3-4ACF-AC18-59F4FBA9DC3B.jpeg (183.77 KiB) Viewed 523 times
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

Asian Boss wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:11 pm
Nidge wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:48 pm Bought another Triumph

That looks really cool. Tell us about it. I nothing about old Brit bikes. I think later ones had disc brakes so maybe it's an earlier one?
It’s a 1966 T100 Tiger. Needs some tlc but it’s complete and mostly original. An old boy has got a small container full of bikes he’s amassed over the years and is now getting rid - there will likely be a few more heading my way
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Get a thread up :D
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Nidge wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:26 am It’s a 1966 T100 Tiger. Needs some tlc but it’s complete and mostly original. An old boy has got a small container full of bikes he’s amassed over the years and is now getting rid - there will likely be a few more heading my way

I'd put that in the *minor* TLC category, polish the paint & alloy (incl the front brake etc), sort the rust on the rear mudguard, done.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I've got a 65/C one of them too....sort of. 'Sort of' cause a)its actually my wife's (via her late Dad) and b) mine's actually an ex police 3TA which the 5-0 had upgraded with a 5TA engine. It now carries 100SS badging but it's not really a 100SS. It looks almost identical to yours though, except it doesn't have orange reflectors.

Its a lovely little thing, properly dinky and tiny. I tell Mrs D it would make a good classic for a less confident rider, its a piece of piss to kick over and weighs nothing.
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:00 am
Nidge wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:26 am It’s a 1966 T100 Tiger. Needs some tlc but it’s complete and mostly original. An old boy has got a small container full of bikes he’s amassed over the years and is now getting rid - there will likely be a few more heading my way

I'd put that in the *minor* TLC category, polish the paint & alloy (incl the front brake etc), sort the rust on the rear mudguard, done.
Well it needs to run first. Apparently it was a good runner when put away and it certainly has good compression, all the ignition components are present, and all the gears select etc. However the carb slide and fuel tap are both seized so it will be a quick spark check and carb strip at least before I start getting too involved with the cosmetics

@weeksy thread to follow!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Took my car in for a major service. All went well and the health check only found a couple of minor things, so all in all, a day of relief! :D
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Spent 40 minutes on the phone to Hastings Direct just renew Mrs. G.'s car insurance. Seriously, every word the woman spoke was sooo drrrraaaawwwwnnnn oooouuuutttt as to make it the telephonic equivalent of tooth extraction.
Skub

Post by Skub »

I started in to painting the outside of the house yesterday,so that'll be me occupied for a while. I'm not the happiest up ladders,but it's gotta be done. :roll:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Trip on a punt in Cambridge, visit to some museum, just got home.....
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Burned my hands on the steering wheel driving three miles because I left my welding/driving gloves in the car & they were too hot to put on for the first mile or so.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Went to the gym, painted a shed a complete different colour and replaced the felt on one of the other sheds ....... sat on top of the shed realised how fucking quick shed felt kicks back sunlight as it was clear blue sky and had to put a towel under me to stop my arse burning. :mrgreen:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Drove the luxury motorhome to Eyemouth in Scotchland.

It's a bit nippy here compared to tropical Barnsley.
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Booked annual leave for xmas (and might book some flights later)
Very nearly called the Boss darling whilst we were in the Co op.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Had a busy few days really. Sunday I moved a load of stuff out of my apartment to enable some friends to help me with a DIY project on Monday (after Yoga!!). I now have half a caravan/yacht style sitting area - loads more room too. Slightly less storage but it's no bad thing to have to get rid of some more stuff!! LOL Oh, a french lesson whilst sat on the floor cause the friend had to go and cut some of the wood at his place!! LOL

Tuesday - trying to put the place back to something organised. Then physio did some serious prodding of tight areas in my neck

Today -
More sorting and some paperwork.

Then off to the valley to lend my sewing machine to some friends - didn't realise they hadn't actually used one, so a quick lesson whilst promising to find the instruction book and recommending that in the meantime, google for it!! :lol: :lol:

Quick run around the supermarket to get stuff to cook tomorrow
then an hour's physio!!! :o I mean, 30 mins is bad enough but an hour!! It was so we could do a session on my knee and still work on the shoulder.

Good/bad thing is that most of the knee exercises are floor stuff so use the shoulders :roll: I ache all over now!! LOL

Went to a friends to pick up a Cornish Pasty! (She's from Cornwall and makes pasties once a month to sell - normally she does cakes but just once a month she treats us all!!)

Home to find two parcels. Wowzers - I have serious biscuits now, and some homemade ones too!!!!! And also the small airfryer I wanted (the friends in the chalet are buying the big one from me :D ) to make more space on the worktop - and encourage me to cook less!! LOL

Now about to wrap up with a heat pack on my neck and top of my shoulder and watch some sort of rubbish on TV!! LOL

Tomorrow is more paperwork and sorting, and also some baking and cooking :D :D

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Today I have opted out of NHS data sharing where they allow undisclosed companies to look at your medical notes.
I have a couple of issues with this
1) The list of organisations they will give it to us vague and the ones they listed aren't exactly known for being scrupulous.
2) They say the data is anonymised but as their process can be reversed that doesn't mean much.

They say they are GDPR compliant but I think they are on thin ice legally and just don't trust them to behave properly, so no they can't give my medical records to third parties.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

This morning did a quick bit of DIY at home then enjoyed the sunshine reading a book for an hour or so.

Drove into town for a haircut and as i was pulling into parking space saw something on road and went round it. Turns out it was a brand new Iphone 12 someone had left on a car roof or something. Went to get haircut and noticed text message in Turkish came up on screen. I use a Turkish barber and he translated it for me so i knew someone would be calling. 5 minutes later phone starts ringing and sure enough its the owner of the kebab shop i found the phone outside. Gave hm his phone back and didnt even get a free kebab :mrgreen:

Got home and as missus was busy this afternoon off out on the Multistrada ....after an hour and a half ended up with a 40mm screw through the rear tyre. Couldnt limp it home as the tyre went too flat too quick so finally used an emergency repair kit under the seat for the first time ever. plugged it and rode home

I thought doing a good deed gets you good karma ffs ;)
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

I had a long needle AND a ultrasonic thingie inserted in my ass :shock:

If you get a prostate biopsy, do NOT ask to see the tool BEFORE the procedure.
I did wait until after & still wanted to run out of the room... It would have been nice if he'd mentioned the noise it makes before he activated it the first.
Me: What was that?? :?
Dr: The tool firing to take a sample
Me: Firing???? :wtf:

Afterwards:
Dr: You may have rust colored semen.
Me: If that happens I'm gonna tell the gf she broke my dick. :lol:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I made sweet and sour sauce, satay chicken and was planning to make fried rice but just realised I've left the rice in the IP so that's probably ruined :roll: :roll:

Supposed to be making bakewell tarts but have had a bastard of a headache all day (5 hours sleep after a phone argument with my sister very late last night :roll:) so am chilling for a bit. Cooking didn't make it go away, so hopefully drugs and chilling will!! Need to make the bakewells for a bbq on Saturday!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde: