Would you have an electric car if you had the money for a new car and were in the market for one?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
ZRX61

Re: Would you have an electric car if you had the money for a new car and were in the market for one?

Post by ZRX61 »

gremlin

Re: Would you have an electric car if you had the money for a new car and were in the market for one?

Post by gremlin »

Volvo gives up plan to sell only EVs by 2030

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c3ejye39434o
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Rolling blackouts here again, but Benito Newsolini hasn't told people to stop charging their EV's yet.

And this happened:
https://www.10news.com/news/local-news/ ... nk-storage

Apparently it could burn for up to 48 hours..
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 6:08 am
Lots of modern cats are pretty much covered in cameras nowadays, it won't just be Teslas.
Little bit like police asking about home wifi modems so they can check for connections made in relation to murder cases and Ring doorbell footage.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

When I set up the factory fit dash cam in my car I had to acknowledge a note which said (paraphrasing) "this thing records everything, it can be used against you as well". :obscene-birdiedoublered:

It takes 360° photos of its surroundings if you jiggle the car too.

Nothing to do with being an EV or not.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 4:22 pm When I set up the factory fit dash cam in my car I had to acknowledge a note which said (paraphrasing) "this thing records everything, it can be used against you as well". :obscene-birdiedoublered:

It takes 360° photos of its surroundings if you jiggle the car too.

Nothing to do with being an EV or not.
The cam mounts on the ZRX11 & ZX11 are located so not one part of the bike or rider is visible in the footage.
The F350 has three cams: Regular dash cam on the windshield by the mirror, another in the rear window connected to the first & a back up cam that comes on when I put it in reverse.
The Explorer ST has at least 4 cameras.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 5:43 pm The cam mounts on the ZRX11 & ZX11 are located so not one part of the bike or rider is visible in the footage.
If the worst happened and you were involved in a big accident...someone else died, the police seized your bike at the scene etc.

Do you really think your face not being visible on the cam footage would save you?

Mr car on the other hand would totally narc on me :lol:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 5:58 pm If the worst happened and you were involved in a big accident...someone else died, the police seized your bike at the scene etc.

Do you really think your face not being visible on the cam footage would save you?

Mr car on the other hand would totally narc on me :lol:
It's more about being able to post videos online without waiting a year so I don't get my collar felt. Luckily the bike cam doesn't have a velocity read out, but the F350 from cam does.... which has lead me to trying to set the high score (98mph so far)