Pfizer vaccine approved

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Mr. Dazzle

Re: Pfizer vaccine approved

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Greenman wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:05 am have they come on the news, papers or social media telling you why you should also be doing the same, have they?*

* - they probably have, i just don't go on the right sites, but you get the point...;)
So....err....these people don't tell me what to do on social media. But they do? Which point am I supposed to be getting?

I was gonna say its a tiiiiiny bit of a stretch to say that no-one on the internet is trying to convince me to use medicinal weed or CBD, but it seems you've already beaten me to saying that. :D
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Greenman wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:05 am So taking a drug that you know nothing about from a group of people who have fucked up pretty much everything they have done since in power and that many agree are corrupt is safe, but taking a drug from a friend you know and trust is not ok?
If the vaccine and approval was done by the government I might agree with you. But the the whole process is done by egg heads in lab coats, not twat heads in Downing St. So that's why I'd trust it. Plus it's not just in the UK is it and wasn't developed here either.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Supermofo wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:31 am
If the vaccine and approval was done by the government I might agree with you. But the the whole process is done by egg heads in lab coats, not twat heads in Downing St. So that's why I'd trust it. Plus it's not just in the UK is it and wasn't developed here either.
Should be fine then...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6768799.stm
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Harry wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:32 am
Should be fine then...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6768799.stm
Absolutely they can get it wrong Thalidomide and all that. But you yourself said you've had vaccines and will have this didn't you? So would you make the same comparisons to taking drugs at a party?
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Greenman wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:05 am So taking a drug that you know nothing about from a group of people who have fucked up pretty much everything they have done since in power and that many agree are corrupt is safe, but taking a drug from a friend you know and trust is not ok?
Who commissioned these two companies to produce the Vaccine?

Do you think they had any affiliation to the companies they chose to produce the Vaccine?
Potter

Post by Potter »

Supermofo wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:38 am
Absolutely they can get it wrong Thalidomide and all that. But you yourself said you've had vaccines and will have this didn't you? So would you make the same comparisons to taking drugs at a party?
No, that's Greenies argument not mine.

I had a load of vaccinations all at the same time when we deployed to Iraq the first time, I was ill for a week or so with what felt like lethargy and cold symptoms. I'm maybe imagining it but I've never been right since then, I occasionally have migraines and fevers/lethargy now that I never used to have before then, could be coincidence though.

Gulf war syndrome the first time around is a real thing though.

I don't know much about vaccines, but I assume they trial them in isolation? Then they administer multiple ones either together or over a period of time (maybe even a lifetime) and who knows how they combine in your body. Stuff can hang around in your body for a long time, probably forever.

I'm not anti-vaccine, but I know medicine isn't foolproof either, so I'd be against forcing people to take it or forcing parents to make kids have it.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

If I was head of a large Pharma co, I wouldn't need commissioning.

I'd jump on Covid like a tramp on chips. A working vaccine would be a proper money spinner.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Greenman wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:44 am
Who commissioned these two companies to produce the Vaccine?

Do you think they had any affiliation to the companies they chose to produce the Vaccine?
Boris didn't commission this particular vaccine but Pfizer are very political (and powerful) and there is a lot to read about on t'internet.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Greenman wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:44 am Who commissioned these two companies to produce the Vaccine?

Few vaccines have been authorized to date. Pfizer/BioNTech's BNT162b2 received temporary authorization from the UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency on 2 December. Sputnik V – formerly known as Gam-COVID-Vac and developed by the Gamaleya Research Institute in Moscow – was approved by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation on 11 August. Experts raise considerable concern about the vaccine’s safety and efficacy given it has not yet entered Phase 3 clinical trials. A second vaccine in Russia, EpiVacCorona, has also been granted regulatory approval, also without entering Phase 3 clinical trials.

The pandemic has created unprecedented public/private partnerships. Operation Warp Speed (OWS) is a collaboration of several US federal government departments including Health and Human Services and its subagencies, Agriculture, Energy and Veterans Affairs and the private sector. OWS has selected three vaccine candidates to fund for Phase 3 trials: Moderna’s mRNA-1273, University of Oxford and AstraZeneca’s AZD1222, and Pfizer and BioNTech's BNT162.

Within OWS, the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) has partnered with more than 18 biopharmaceutical companies to accelerate development of drug and vaccine candidates for COVID-19 (ACTIV). The COVID-19 Prevention Trials Network (COVPN) has also been established, which combines clinical trial networks funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID): the HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN), HIV Prevention Trials Network (HPTN), Infectious Diseases Clinical Research Consortium (IDCRC), and the AIDS Clinical Trials Group.

The COVAX initiative, part of the World Health Organization’s (WHO) Access to COVID-19 Tools (ACT) Accelerator, is being spearheaded by the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI); Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance; and WHO. The goal is to work with vaccine manufacturers to offer low-cost COVID-19 vaccines to countries. Currently, CEPI’s candidates from companies Inovio, Moderna, CureVac, Institut Pasteur/Merck/Themis, AstraZeneca/University of Oxford, Novavax, University of Hong Kong, Clover Biopharmaceuticals, and University of Queensland/CSL are part of the COVAX initiative. There are further candidates being evaluated in the COVAX Facility from the United States and internationally.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Greenman wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:44 am Who commissioned these two companies to produce the Vaccine?

Who commissions all the illegal drugs that are readily available?

Do you think they have any affiliation to the World Benevolent Society or just want to make a shit load of money for themselves?

Get wise Greenie ffs.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Harry wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:46 am I'm not anti-vaccine, but I know medicine isn't foolproof either, so I'd be against forcing people to take it or forcing parents to make kids have it.
Which is what I said a few pages ago. I totally agree we shouldn't force people, that's a slippery slope I'd definitely not wanna go near :thumbup:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Its standard procedure to give loads of vaccines simultaneously in the UK. Kids get (IIRC) two hepatitis, one rotavirus and one diphtheria at the same time. Then they get the MMR (which is three in one, hence the name) and something else at the same time. Then the MMR again. Often they have the flu nasal vaccine at the same time.

Along those lines anyway, I can't remember the exact ones but you generally get 3, 4 or even 5 at the same time when you're a baby and you do it more than once. Most UK citizens under a certain age will have had it that way, so if it does fuck you up there are ALOT of fucked up people.

But we already knew that ;)
Potter

Post by Potter »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:54 am Its standard procedure to give loads of vaccines simultaneously in the UK. Kids get (IIRC) two hepatitis, one rotavirus and one diphtheria at the same time. Then they get the MMR (which is three in one, hence the name) and something else at the same time. Then the MMR again. Often they have the flu nasal vaccine at the same time.

Along those lines anyway, I can't remember the exact ones but you generally get 3, 4 or even 5 at the same time when you're a baby and you do it more than once. Most UK citizens under a certain age will have had it that way, so if it does fuck you up there are ALOT of fucked up people.

But we already knew that ;)
Not everyone gets nasty side effects, not everyone got Gulf War Syndrome, not everyone gets the shits when they take antibiotics.

On balance if it saves millions then the covid vaccine is worth sacrificing a few kids for, but you'd be pretty unhappy if it was one of yours thrown under the bus to save some boomers that aren't going to thank you for it.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

It's all a bit moot and straw man because kids are not going to be offered it. At the moment it seems no-one under 55 will be, unless they've got an additional health issue.

Forced vaccination of anyone, adult or child, has never been on the table.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

If anyone is being thrown under the bus its the vocal care-home workers who scream blue murder their private companies hadn't been factored in to the governments PPE supply....

Let them test it. :)
Horse

Post by Horse »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:58 am If anyone is being thrown under the bus its the vocal care-home workers who scream blue murder their private companies hadn't been factored in to the governments PPE supply....

They will be ;)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mme-launch

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisations (JCVI) confirmed on Wednesday, in its advice on priority groups for vaccination[footnote 1], that adult social care is in its top priority groups. Group 1 is ‘Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers’
Potter

Post by Potter »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:46 am It's all a bit moot and straw man because kids are not going to be offered it. At the moment it seems no-one under 55 will be, unless they've got an additional health issue.

You all wasted a couple of pages to point out to SL that you don't have the vaccine to protect yourself....but 'appen now it's only being given to vulnerable people because it protects them... :lol:

You silly sods.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Harry wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:09 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:46 am It's all a bit moot and straw man because kids are not going to be offered it. At the moment it seems no-one under 55 will be, unless they've got an additional health issue.

You all wasted a couple of pages to point out to SL that you don't have the vaccine to protect yourself....but 'appen now it's only being given to vulnerable people because it protects them... :lol:

You silly sods.
And carers to protect their customers?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Harry wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:09 pm

You silly sods.
So why are they giving it to young front line carers? I missed them.....
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Horse wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:05 pm
Wreckless Rat wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:58 am If anyone is being thrown under the bus its the vocal care-home workers who scream blue murder their private companies hadn't been factored in to the governments PPE supply....

They will be ;)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mme-launch

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisations (JCVI) confirmed on Wednesday, in its advice on priority groups for vaccination[footnote 1], that adult social care is in its top priority groups. Group 1 is ‘Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers’
I know... :think: