What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
the_priest

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by the_priest »

Right now! Watching my house being emptied of all goods. The final bits will go tomorrow... The place looks so big now with no furniture.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

Removed 12 dodgy bearings.
Which were all seized on a shaft, and carrying 60 year old bakelite rollers. Everything survived intact, and no one is more surprised than me..
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

inewham wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:59 pm
chillitt wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:09 pm Removed 12 dodgy bearings.
Which were all seized on a shaft, and carrying 60 year old bakelite rollers.
What was 'it' ?
Part of a self propelled 3 gang cylinder mower.
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Dug out fucking loads of bamboo that was now appearing in the neighbours lawn. I'm fucking broken. Hot bath, cold beer, gin & tonic and ibuprofen.

Skub

Post by Skub »

derek badger wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:47 pm Dug out fucking loads of bamboo that was now appearing in the neighbours lawn. I'm fucking broken. Hot bath, cold beer, gin & tonic and ibuprofen.
Bamboo is the Terminator. It'll be back. :mrgreen:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Skub wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:50 pm
derek badger wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:47 pm Dug out fucking loads of bamboo that was now appearing in the neighbours lawn. I'm fucking broken. Hot bath, cold beer, gin & tonic and ibuprofen.
Bamboo is the Terminator. It'll be back. :mrgreen:
Nah. I've fucking nailed this. I hope...
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

What's Chi Chi going to eat now?
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:36 pm What's Chi Chi going to eat now?
Keep your eye on the BBQ thread, I'm going to eat Chi Chi...
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

My boy turns 12 today, so we're off out on MTB soon. He said he wanted muffins for his birthday breakfast and rules in this house are, on your birthday you get anything you want.
So I was up at 6 to make sure they were baked and cooled in time

Image2020-07-02_06-52-54 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Nice one! Happy Birthday Weeksy Jr. :thumbup:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Moved house. Surrounded by piles of boxes. BT Man was here in the morning and got the internets working, so children are happy.... me too as I have meetings on Saturday and Monday which are compulsory. No kitchen until Saturday PM due to various shortages in goods. But that is life. Exhausting, but it is nice to be in the place and we will get the other house ready for sale.
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

the_priest wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:30 pm and we will get the other house ready for sale.
Don't sell it, rent the bugger out :)
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Yorick wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:03 pm
the_priest wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:30 pm and we will get the other house ready for sale.
Don't sell it, rent the bugger out :)
Would love to, but shared ownership lease means we cannot do that unfortunately. Really annoying to be honest and we don't have the funds to buy the rest of the house.
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Can you come and do ours? We've got an area about 8ft square with that fucking bastard in that's about 20ft high... if you stand still enough you can pretty much watch it growing. Got shoots appearing in the grass about 20 feet away :(

I did chop about half of it down last September (and then comedically drove it down the tip with it sticking out about 6 feet from the back of my Landy) but it's now back to about 7ft high where I chopped it down. It's evil. Was gonna try and source a panda on the dark web.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Finished the walls of my wildlife pond, just waiting the liner now. I may have over ordered the rock as I've got enough left over to build another one and then some, but I've got some more Gabions coming to replace our wooden front garden fence thats rotting away and build a small garden table.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Been on. 11km run

Now currently smashing a few of these in. Well tasty

ImageUntitled by lewis wilson, on Flickr
CBR650r :mrgreen:
636mick

Post by 636mick »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:09 pm Finished the walls of my wildlife pond, just waiting the liner now. I may have over ordered the rock as I've got enough left over to build another one and then some, but I've got some more Gabions coming to replace our wooden front garden fence thats rotting away and build a small garden table.
That looks good, hard work though!! What’s the plan, keeping them on show or some kind of seating or something??
Mick
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Today, I finished the last 2 cameras at the girlfriends. If some cowardly scum wants to repeat their actions of a few weeks ago when he/she/it terrorised 2 women in their own home, smashed windows on the cars and slashed tyres I will now have even more evidence than the twat has already left for the Police.

The girlfriend is still a bit traumatised by their actions but is now happy to stay in the house on her own. She is very strong, but this has caused her to rethink the future. Her car is for sale as she isn’t happy to have it parked out front, she struggles to fit it in the garage, she is considering selling but me still working makes it more difficult to decide where to settle for our retirement.

Aside from that, today I had 2 fry ups!!! One at breakfast at hers and I’ve just cooked the same before I go to work on nights. Full moon, independance day, lunar eclipse, I would avoid the M1 tonight, we are expecting some madness!!
I also got the step stringers today so I can finish the deck steps tomorrow!!
Mick.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

636mick wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:12 pm Today, I finished the last 2 cameras at the girlfriends. If some cowardly scum wants to repeat their actions of a few weeks ago when he/she/it terrorised 2 women in their own home, smashed windows on the cars and slashed tyres I will now have even more evidence than the twat has already left for the Police.

The girlfriend is still a bit traumatised by their actions but is now happy to stay in the house on her own. She is very strong, but this has caused her to rethink the future. Her car is for sale as she isn’t happy to have it parked out front, she struggles to fit it in the garage, she is considering selling but me still working makes it more difficult to decide where to settle for our retirement.

Aside from that, today I had 2 fry ups!!! One at breakfast at hers and I’ve just cooked the same before I go to work on nights. Full moon, independance day, lunar eclipse, I would avoid the M1 tonight, we are expecting some madness!!
I also got the step stringers today so I can finish the deck steps tomorrow!!
Mick.
Sorry to state the obvious, but why don't you move ? The area and the resident scum will never change.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

She is considering it mate. She has been in that house for almost 30 years, it’s the house where her husband died and her daughter was bought up. I get why she is reluctant to sell, just because of one neighbour, we think. Hopefully the Police will be able to prove it was him, them I guarantee there will be no more issues.
The area is really nice spoilt by one family, as happens in a lot of places. I’m with you, I think she should move. I live about 40 miles away, she loves it in my village so who knows!!
Mick