When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Anything you like about motorbikes
Bustaspoke

Re: When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Post by Bustaspoke »

I was out on the Street Triple earlier,the ride got cut short when the drizzle came in.I'm still not sure if I should SORN the bike at the end of the week or give it another month.

I'm thinking of fitting a new rear shock over the winter,either Maxton or a Nitron anyone had experience of either?
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Bustaspoke wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2024 4:43 pm I was out on the Street Triple earlier,the ride got cut short when the drizzle came in.I'm still not sure if I should SORN the bike at the end of the week or give it another month.

I'm thinking of fitting a new rear shock over the winter,either Maxton or a Nitron anyone had experience of either?
I've got Nitrons on the Rockster. So far very happy with them.
non quod, sed quomodo
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

When for a ride out with my younger brother. Met at Buntingford and went for a bacon bap and a coffee at Finchingfield as he's not been for ages. The back roads were 20% wet, 40% damp so it was a fairly mild one. Glad my bike was already dirty but he's was clean when we left. It wasn't at the end!

Some nice bikes at Finchingfield.

We left there and headed for Goldtop leathers shop near Bishops Stortford, been a couple of times now and really like the shop. The jackets are really nice and it's a decent place to stop for a coffee and a chat.

The 2 dull UJMs...like fuck. Both awesome bikes :obscene-birdiedoublered:

I think if I'd have known how damp/wet/dirty the roads were I doubt I'd have gone out. But once out I bloody loved it. I keep thinking this is the last ride of the year but been thinking that for a month now so you never know. I'm definitely not washing the bike yet though!

The geezer in the Hertford Esso is gonna think I fancy him soon as every ride I'm brimming the tank before I go home in case that's the end of the season. Annoyingly I'm on 7954 miles and I'd really like to hit 8k cos of my OCD and seems a nice round number to end on
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Bustaspoke wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2024 4:43 pm I'm thinking of fitting a new rear shock over the winter,either Maxton or a Nitron anyone had experience of either?
Not tried either but thinking of a Nitron for mine.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Bustaspoke wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2024 4:43 pm I was out on the Street Triple earlier,the ride got cut short when the drizzle came in.I'm still not sure if I should SORN the bike at the end of the week or give it another month.

You could sorn it, then if you want to ride it, tax it. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

£117.

About £10 a month.

That's a half decent cocktail or a couple of pints.

Not worth the faff to not just keep it running, but then I am fabulously wealthy.