This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Pirahna

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by Pirahna »

Cousin Jack wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:55 pm The USA is following the ME trend, vote for the biggest baddest guy and he will look after you.
Democracy doesn't work well in the ME, nor it seems in the US of A.
What's ME?
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

NYC has now deployed the army on the subway system. If you don't allow your bag to be checked, you don't get to ride on the trains.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Pirahna wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:23 pm
Cousin Jack wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:55 pm The USA is following the ME trend, vote for the biggest baddest guy and he will look after you.
What's ME?
Middle East
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:00 pm Have you considered asking for a transfer to Texas?
Nope, ex wife moved there & lane splitting is illegal.

Update on the Prop One ballot measure: looks like it failed to pass, currently 39% Yes/61% No... & only about 90,000 people voted on it, out of 22M voters.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

It's not doing particularly well in the UK.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Apparently Trumpton is going to build the biggisssst, bestestest and most wonderful landing strip and port just off the coast of Gaza and ship Mexican immigrants over to rebuild the place.

Sounds like a winner to me.
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:40 pm
Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:43 am San Francisco was a disgrace last time I was there. Some of the most expensive real estate in the USA, some of the most affluent corporations - and thousands of aggressive homeless that are ignored by everyone.
The democrats can do something for appearances. When Biden visits they move all the homeless & clean all the human shit off the streets for a few days. They also did the same when they Chinese Premier visited. Reporter asked if the clean up was just to impress the Chinese bloke & Newsolini actually admitted it was.

The latest monumental balls up by the Governor was removing 4 dams on the Klamath River & releasing the silt which has killed everything in the river all the way to the ocean owing to the poisons in it. This was done to *improve* the lives of salmon & allow them to swim further upstream for spawning.... They had just released 900,000 salmon smelt into the river & they're all dead. The silt has also buried all the gravel beds the fish use to drop their eggs.
This came out yesterday:
https://www.kdrv.com/news/waterwatch/kl ... 8bbeb.html
There's a lot more to this than the guv issuing an order. At least if this article bears any resemblance to reality.. None of it bodes well for the administration and the Klamath River Renewal Corporation. This is going to make for some really good resume' filler for Newsom's future aspirations. The short story is that the saving Salmon wasn't the real impetus, making a shit ton of cash was. They didn't give a shit about the Salmon and truth be told, those Salmon never needed rescuing, they evolved in an area where they could not migrate to spawn. Naturally occurring lava dams stopped that from happening long ago.

Just passin' through...
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:33 pm NYC has now deployed the army on the subway system. If you don't allow your bag to be checked, you don't get to ride on the trains.
It's National Guard, not Army. It's an effort to keep weapons off trains. They could probably do a better job using dogs.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Bwana wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:03 am It's National Guard, not Army. It's an effort to keep weapons off trains. They could probably do a better job using dogs.
You mean the same National Guard that is currently deployed to the ME & Africa etc & in the past has fought in Vietnam & every war since? They aren't Army?
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:33 pm
Bwana wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:03 am It's National Guard, not Army. It's an effort to keep weapons off trains. They could probably do a better job using dogs.
You mean the same National Guard that is currently deployed to the ME & Africa etc & in the past has fought in Vietnam & every war since? They aren't Army?
Nope. They're National Guard. National Guard can be deployed overseas as they serve as Army reserve. Semantics, eh?
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Bwana wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:46 pm Nope. They're National Guard. National Guard can be deployed overseas as they serve as Army reserve. Semantics, eh?
Army Reserve is NOT NG. Reserve Soldiers do not have a state mission and cannot be called to respond to floods and hurricanes etc
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

How is the Army National Guard different from the Army Reserve?
Our National Guard mission makes us different. Unlike the Army Reserve, we have a dual mission, meaning we answer to both state and federal governments. So Guard Soldiers can be deployed by either the governor of their resident state or the president of the United States, depending on where they are needed most.
You stand corrected
Do note that reserve is in italics in the post you quoted.
The Army wasn't deployed to NYC subways, National Guard was. National Guard can be sent to overseas. US Army can be deployed off base in the US but there are restrictions.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Bwana wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:24 pm
Our National Guard mission makes us different. Unlike the Army Reserve, we have a dual mission, meaning we answer to both state and federal governments. So Guard Soldiers can be deployed by either the governor of their resident state or the president of the United States, depending on where they are needed most.
You stand corrected
The Army wasn't deployed to NYC subways, National Guard was. National Guard can be sent to overseas. US Army can be deployed off base in the US but there are restrictions.
Feel free to go tell a NG guy he isn't in the army, try to find one wearing a Ranger tab.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Bwana wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:03 am
ZRX61 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:33 pm NYC has now deployed the army on the subway system. If you don't allow your bag to be checked, you don't get to ride on the trains.
It's National Guard, not Army. It's an effort to keep weapons off trains. They could probably do a better job using dogs.
Struggling to see a down side to keeping weapons (inc. IEDs) off the subway tbh, whoever is deployed to do it. :thumbup:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

Count Steer wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:49 pm
Bwana wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:03 am
Struggling to see a down side to keeping weapons (inc. IEDs) off the subway tbh, whoever is deployed to do it. :thumbup:
If it happens under a Republican administration, it's a good thing in the eyes of conservatives. If it happens under a Democratic admin, crime of the century.

President Biden's travel down Pennsylvania Ave to give the State of the Union address was impeded by protesters. The motorcade approached them and took an alternate route. Trump would have had them forcibly removed with tear gas and rubber bullets. Bush would have insisted that they hold their protest in some out of the way area. Biden merely took an alternate route and didn't use force to disperse a crowd even though it occupied a route that normally would have been protected. Protest is once again legal in the US. Their voices need to be heard.
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:37 pm
Bwana wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:24 pm
You stand corrected
Feel free to go tell a NG guy he isn't in the army, try to find one wearing a Ranger tab.
Well shit, my earlier reply to this seems to have wandered off into the ether.
National Guard has Army and Air components. They're called the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard. They are separate entities from the US Army, US Army Reserve, and the US Airforce The chain of command for them vs the chain of command for the US Army, US Army Reserve, and US Airforce overlap at the top, the President. Otherwise they exist as two different entities. National Guard, whether it is Army National Guard or Air National Guard can readily be deployed anywhere in the US as well as overseas. US Army and US Airforce have more restrictions for domestic deployment off base.

In your original post you claimed that the Army was deployed to the NYC subway system and you were dead wrong. It was the National Guard Army, not the US Army. You were wrong, get over it. Your insistence on carrying on with the BS is rather tedious. I do love that you've descended into suggesting I run up to some National Guardsman, wave my dick in his face and shout you aren't Army.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

well lets compare notes... I was Active Duty AF & then ANG... & you were...?
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

Bwana

Post by Bwana »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:29 pm well lets compare notes... I was Active Duty AF & then ANG... & you were...?
LOL! I graduated manga cums loudly. Which means fuck all to the argument.

I was correct and you were wrong. Given your history, you should know better about the specificity of the words you choose. You said army, it was national guard. They are two separate entities and you know it.