What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
KungFooBob

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by KungFooBob »

Spooky, the post got shared to a local bike group and I sent it to the wife last night!
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

KungFooBob wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:48 am Spooky, the post got shared to a local bike group and I sent it to the wife last night!
One of our gang (who previously got us the stickers from Ginsters ) is going to send this one to them too for them to use if they wish, see if we can get some more sponsorship out of them :D
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Noggin wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:28 pm
Horse wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:01 pm
Noggin wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:47 pm something I can't remember - two letters (I think) 400. Said the second is almost 40 years old!!
CB400 Honda? The famous '400 Four'.

Someone eloquently described as 'a sewing machine engine with bunch of bananas exhaust, topped by an ironing board for a seat'.
Thta does describe what it looked like!! But when I google it, no. It was much smaller, very 'square'/boxy. I'll see him tomorrow and ask again!!
RD? :thumbup:
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Horse wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:14 am Excellent! Sorry I can only give one 'like'!
You'll only get one polo.
Horse

Post by Horse »

slowsider wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:37 pm
Horse wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:01 pm CB400 Honda? The famous '400 Four'.
Thta does describe what it looked like!! But when I google it, no. It was much smaller, very 'square'/boxy.
You swine! I couldn't think of any other 'boxy' 400s from that era (the Kawasaki really wasn't).
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

slowsider wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:37 pm
Horse wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:01 pm

CB400 Honda? The famous '400 Four'.

Someone eloquently described as 'a sewing machine engine with bunch of bananas exhaust, topped by an ironing board for a seat'.
Thta does describe what it looked like!! But when I google it, no. It was much smaller, very 'square'/boxy. I'll see him tomorrow and ask again!!
Yup - that looks much more like it! Thibault was out skiing when I was at the cafe today, so I'll check with him tomorrow!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Finally got the Hot Cross Bun recipe to be (IMHO) spot on! Got some that are going in the freezer but the rest have been shared out with friends!!

Well, apart from some that the Easter Bunny is going to deliver in the morning :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Got a good few miles on the bike today. I stuck to all the back roads for the most part as the main thoroughfares were clogged with traffic and hordes of cyclists. Gave the suspension a good workout and I seem to have arrived at a good compromise,so I'll stop fiddling for now.

Heated vests and grips are surely the dog's danglies. 8-)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Got another 97 miles on the crf today, so close to the first oil drop. Only had 270 on the clock when I got it. Pic is taken on Clee Hill, lovely run taking in Ironbridge, Bridgnorth, Cleobury Mortimer, Clee hill, Cleobury North and looping back home. Bit cool. extra layer today, grips on 50%, sorted.

Got a little fender bag coming from 24mx to fix on the back for water and stuff. £13 delivered. 👍

https://www.24mx.co.uk/motocross-gear/b ... lsrc=aw.ds
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Nice one. Must be ideal conditions too!
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Took it apart again;
ImagePXL_20210403_125522024 by MrLongbeard, on Flickr
crust

Post by crust »

Dodgy knees wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:15 pm Got another 97 miles on the crf today, so close to the first oil drop. Only had 270 on the clock when I got it. Pic is taken on Clee Hill, lovely run taking in Ironbridge, Bridgnorth, Cleobury Mortimer, Clee hill, Cleobury North and looping back home. Bit cool. extra layer today, grips on 50%, sorted.

Got a little fender bag coming from 24mx to fix on the back for water and stuff. £13 delivered. 👍

https://www.24mx.co.uk/motocross-gear/b ... lsrc=aw.ds
Nice one, got one of those on the back of my KTM. I use crossed bungies over mine as it wobbles around a bit on the velcro patch. Has lasted well.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Washed the Accord...

...ok, I hosed most of the dust off it..
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Switched off some of my railway (planned).
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Potter

Post by Potter »

Mostly this.
I think I'll get a chap this week to paint that wall.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Horse wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:33 pm
Horse wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:01 pm CB400 Honda? The famous '400 Four'.

Diddy little things.
It was indeed this - Honda CB400n. No idea what I was googling!! But then google has never been my friend, sometimes I think google hates me!! LOL
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

This morning I had the plan to get up really early and go pretend to be the easter bunny! But the really failed. I did get up fairly early (for a Sunday that I'm not working!) and took Hot Cross Buns and choc eggs and a handful of english mini chocs to 3 households. Sneakily!! Just left the bag of goodies by the door for each place. So far, two have messaged and said the HCB are awesome :D Strange to some, but doing silly things like that for friends makes me happy!

Then I went to buy some bread and chatted with the owner of the bakery as he'd seen me driving a little car but I said it was rented and weird as it's got a smaller engine than most of my previous motorbikes!! (All in French :D )

And I did what was planned to be a quick stop at a friend's cafe for a takeaway hot choc to have with my pain au choc for breakfast. But got chatting to him and another customer, then that customer left and another arrived! I have done lots of French chatting this morning. So came home and put on Amazon Prime through the AppleTV because it's in French (can't seem to change the language!) - but it's all so quick I just don't understand!! LOL

At least thelocals are starting to get that I am trying to learn and now speak slow enough for me to (mostly) understand!! LOL
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Noggin wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:00 am
Horse wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:33 pm

Diddy little things.
It was indeed this - Honda CB400n. No idea what I was googling!! But then google has never been my friend, sometimes I think google hates me!! LOL
It indeed wasn't that pic above if it is a 400N :)

This is a 400N-a Superdream

Horse

Post by Horse »

Ah, of course, the 'eurostyle' evolution of the blobby styled original 'Super (wet one)'.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Tricky wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:21 am
It indeed wasn't that pic above if it is a 400N :)

This is a 400N-a Superdream

I really should learn to make friends with Google!! Thibault's is red, but yes, less pipes and different engine setup!! LOL

Looks pretty cool TBH - even though back when it was new I suppose it was less cool?? I know I looked at a superdream but it was in the late 90's and everyone dismissed them quite vocally!! LOL

Hopefully in the summer I'll get to see both of the bikes. I'm hoping to take the old Ducati down for a visit (if I can make it work!) so that'll be nice :D