Re: Are Trump protests finished?

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

JackyJoll wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:07 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:43 am
OBO wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:36 am before Sniffy Biden quickly deleted it...
They moved it to the archives....'cause Trump ain't president any more and hence anything/everything he said is now a matter of historical record and not current policy.

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/tr ... lishments/

They do that with all Presidents AFAIK.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/

https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/

It’s funny that they (assuming DEADPOOL and OBO are more than one person) don’t thank you for correcting them.

They just come back with more shit.
There's no obvious things in the IP, email or other logs to make me think they're the same person
Horse

Post by Horse »

JackyJoll wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:07 pm It’s funny that they (assuming DEADPOOL and OBO are more than one person) don’t thank you for correcting them.

It's block capitals punishment.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

weeksy wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:22 pm There's no obvious things in the IP, email or other logs to make me think they're the same person
It's one thing to see for yourself but to share with the forum is a bit of a first. BBO and his many aliases would be shitting bricks.

I'm not OB but yes, you can put me on the list of domestic terrorists if only because I simply refuse to believe much if anything in the so called "news" we get these days.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

DEADPOOL wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:47 pm It's one thing to see for yourself but to share with the forum is a bit of a first.
You've lost me.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

weeksy wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:50 pm
DEADPOOL wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:47 pm It's one thing to see for yourself but to share with the forum is a bit of a first.
You've lost me.
Site admin "outing" multiple aliases (or inning I suppose in my case). Never seen that before on any forum. Previously we all had to guess when BBO or Stig turned up though it's just an observation not a complaint.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

DEADPOOL wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:59 pm
weeksy wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:50 pm
You've lost me.
Site admin "outing" multiple aliases (or inning I suppose in my case). Never seen that before on any forum. Previously we all had to guess when BBO or Stig turned up though it's just an observation not a complaint.
In simple terms it depends how stupid/clever they are. If they've got even half a brain about IT stuff then there's no possible way i could ever know. If they're daft, then sure. I have since the day this place started been 100% transparent about what i expect from users and what i'll give in return. I've not made a single decision without running it by the forum in terms of hosting, design, process, funding etc, even if they're largly ignored, I still give the info.

Now, assuming the person i thnk you're referring to is BBO, then i have 100% no issue at all with him, he's posted completely in the spirit of the forum and i'm 100% in favour of that. There's a couple of people i'd class is 'needing improvement' and yeah, you're one of them. The rest though, they can keep on posting happily.

But, be aware, if i do find anyone being a dick with an alias account, both their alias and the usual account will get lifetime bans without discussion.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Saga Lout wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:01 pm
Horse wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:23 pm
Saga Lout wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:08 pm There's also stuff about postal voting. Postal voting is one of the easiest ways to enable voting fraud. Why do you think Jeff Bezos is against it when it suits him?
Worth noting that Trump was in favour of it when it suited him.
When was that?
When he used the system to cast his own vote.

President Trump cast a vote-by-mail ballot in Florida this week after months of questioning the security of the method of voting, and in doing so he returned it to election officials using a technique many Republicans say should be illegal.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/19/90388656 ... 2883633886
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
OBO

Post by OBO »

JackyJoll wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:07 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:43 am
OBO wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:36 am before Sniffy Biden quickly deleted it...
They moved it to the archives....'cause Trump ain't president any more and hence anything/everything he said is now a matter of historical record and not current policy.

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/tr ... lishments/

They do that with all Presidents AFAIK.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/

https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/

It’s funny that they (assuming DEADPOOL and OBO are more than one person) don’t thank you for correcting them.

Now now...don't start that alias shit!
Many years back I was BBO, (Big Bald One).
I am now OBO, (Old Bald One).
Deadpool has NO connection with me, apart from the fact he's ALSO not dumb enough to be taken in by the media and leftie line of "we MUST all hate Trump and ignore the many good things he did or tried to do for America".

That said, I see you've stolen one of my old usernames and bastardised it....how many years have I been living rent free in your head "Jackyjoll"? 😂
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

if you boys make me get this out, i won't be the one who's upset

G.P

Post by G.P »

Does this mean Ninja Babe 36DD won't be allowed in ? :D
I used to really enjoy the comedy Alias characters on VD and TRC, they only provided laughs, not infighting..
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

G.P wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:14 pm Does this mean Ninja Babe 36DD won't be allowed in ? :D
I used to really enjoy the comedy Alias characters on VD and TRC, they only provided laughs, not infighting..
That depends how good his tits are :)
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I have no doubt Trump will have done some good things for America. If nothing else a stopped clock is still correct twice a day and all that. I also think its worth remembering that the US is deliberately set up so that no one man has power, thus any triumphs or failings belong to a great many people....and that goes for all Presidents.

I do think however that Trump has done a great many bad things that alternative leaders would not have done. It's also worth remembering that the good and bad things are not mutually exclusive.

I also think for all the claims of "I don't just believe the media" BBO and Deadpool will immediately believe anything that's written on 'alternative' blog without even the merest scepticism. It took me literally 10s to find out what really happened to Trump's achievement list for example.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:17 pm Deadpool will immediately believe anything that's written on 'alternative' blog without even the merest scepticism.
You'll have to give me an example if you're going to tell me what I think rather than ask.

ONE will do.

My opinions are my own thank you very much. As I have repeatedly said a thousand times, I don't believe anything the media, mainstream or YouTube tell me I should believe.

I appreciate that leaves me at odds with everyone who meekly accepts the media spin that is presented as "truth" but there are two sides to every story. I note the BBC are presenting the AOC rant as if it was "true" for example.

"WHERE IS SHE!!" Well, not in the Senate building during the riot for a start. Don't hear that on the BBC. Has to be said though, they have managed to be very creative in editing Trumps call to insurrection.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bored of it now.

Consider politics as persona non grata for the forseeable future on this forum.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

DEADPOOL wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:25 pm My opinions are my own thank you very much. As I have repeatedly said a thousand times, I don't believe anything the media, mainstream or YouTube tell me I should believe.
Which leaves the obvious question of where do you get your information from then? What source would you class as a source you 'trust'?
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Deadpool believes OBO.

OBO believes Deadpool.

Everything else is fake news.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

wheelnut wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:40 pm
DEADPOOL wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:25 pm My opinions are my own thank you very much. As I have repeatedly said a thousand times, I don't believe anything the media, mainstream or YouTube tell me I should believe.
Which leaves the obvious question of where do you get your information from then? What source would you class as a source you 'trust'?
From everywhere. Even if I see it, I still want to know what came before the edit and what happened after. Selective editing is just as much a lie as fake news. If an issue is raised on a platform, I Google it (or DuckDuck for wider results!) to see if/where the factual content is from.

It's not a perfect system but in science topics, if a statement links back eventually to a .org or a published paper, there is at least some merit to the points raised.

After that of course it is merely my opinion you see here, presented as "fact" because it is factually true to say this is my current opinion OR if you look carefully, I might make a proposition and ask questions.
Last edited by DEADPOOL on Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

How do you decide what's factual if 2 articles are opposed?
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

weeksy wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:38 pm How do you decide what's factual if 2 articles are opposed?
They nearly always are, climate change, Brexit, Red/Blue there is very little grey and this recent polarisation of opinion is I think a product of mob mentality and social media. Everything is amplified. Lean a bit one way and you're suddenly in one camp or the other.

What is more disappointing is that if you do not overtly accept the "popular" view, you're on the "other side" and are tarred by whatever heinous crimes have been perpetrated at the extreme. There seems to be no place for discussion under those circumstances.

So if I say I think fossil fuels are the ideal source for plastics and that plastics are one of mankinds greatest inventions, I wouldn't get the chance to explain I think the process needs to be carefully managed or that single use plastics is a disaster without a proper recycling. Might just as well say I club seals to death for a living (and as a hobby).