What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
WelshDragon

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by WelshDragon »

636mick wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:41 am Late last night i got a panicked call from the girlfriend to tell me someone, we think we know who, had smashed the windscreen and two side windows on her car. In the house was the girlfriend and her daughter.
I shot up there, fairly quickly, and arrived just after the Police had left.
On checking the damage I also found two tyres had been stabbed on the daughters car and the window scratched.
The clever culprit had left the broken knife by the car. They also were unaware of the ring doorbell.
Police returned to collect the knife. They already had the cctv from the doorbell.

Her neighbour, a bullying, cowardly piece of shit who has caused her many problems in the past obviously though we must have split up as we have not seen each other for 10 weeks, I normally spend half the week there.
When the banging started the neighbours two doors away came out as it was so loud, funnily enough the cowardly piece of crap didn’t even look out of his window in case it was one of his cars being damaged so we are fairly certain he was to blame.
Police advised me to not do anything, obviously, and it would take weeks before the knife could be fingerprinted etc, and any action taken by them.
This isn’t the first time things have happened, it’s the first time he’s damaged cars though.
Couldn’t stop over as I’m on call, no spare clothes there at the moment, so just got home.

It probably stems from the neighbours totally ignoring lockdown and the restrictions placed on the UK and the girlfriends daughter making her feelings known when they had a friend and her kids over, sat in the garden drinking in the middle of lockdown.

So angry at the moment, just want to punch his lights out but realise I need to let the Police do their thing. There are some bullying cowards in this world, I just hope he gets his just deserts one way or another.
Going back later in the day as I am genuinely fearful of her and the daughters safety now. Really looking forward to seeing him and discussing what happened with him.
Mick.
We lived next door to a neighbour who harassed us for years. Had CCTV up everywhere. We couldn’t go out without being watched. He used to get his son to watch for us to come back if we went out for a walk, he threw things into our garden, verbally abused us, threatened Mr WD by doing the cutting throat across his neck etc etc. His neighbour on the other side called the Police on him many times. We called the Police but he was always just the right side of the law and we had no foitage ti demonstrate the threats. We moved house but he tracked us down, drove down our new street, walked past our house etc. All part of the intimidation. It’s half the reason we moved back to the Welsh borders.
What I’m saying is, unless you’ve been through it, it’s difficult to comprehend the impact it has on you, so I understand completely what your girlfriend is going through. Really sorry she has to put up with this. :(
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

On this mornings long walk, I saw about a dozen sheep in the middle of nowhere. We don't have sheep here and there's nowt for them to graze on. I took photos. Nobody at pub today believed me until I showed the pics

On way into town tonight, I saw some folk playing cricket on the school car park. Nobody plays cricket here, so went for a closer look. It was the Indians from the shops and curry houses :)

There were a few local kids watching who couldn't figure it out :mrgreen:

Nobody at the bar believed either story :mrgreen:
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

gawped at a lovely Panigale parked somewhat ostentatiously on the for-court of Stokesley motors didn't have my camera with me as was driving round the roundabout. Going for a ride to Scarborough toorrow rain or no :crazy:
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

quick damp blast to ScarboroughImage bring your own FLASK of coffee :D
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Really sorry to hear what is happening with your girlfriend and her daughter 636Mick. That is just totally out of order. I'm a fairly laidback fellow, but I'd be looking to kick someones goolies in for that, lay hands on them and pray for them, very hard prayer is effective you know...

What have I done today. Spent hours on the phone (as a hard of hearing person this is an adventure and a half) to get my phone line and broadband shifted (bill drops from £42 to £23 thanks to telling them of Vodaphones offer) and then gas and electricity this afternoon is also being sorted for great exodus. I've managed to sort Thames Water all online, which is awesome, such a good simple service and easy to use.

Now to buy wardrobes and white goods for the kitchen. That will be fun. I also have to order stuff for my study, IPAD Pro and printer, chair and something to hang my cassocks from. And my clerical shirts, lots of them in 19" neck sizes... no I am not fat, just big. Shirts can be £50 each, so the diocese is paying for those at that rate! House moving survey is done, valuation of our shared ownership home is next week Wednesday, so I have just a touch of painting to do to get it up to scratch and then I can relax, and finish my final assignment. Managed to get a bit of writing done on that today. SO that is all very exciting!
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

the_priest wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:47 pm Really sorry to hear what is happening with your girlfriend and her daughter 636Mick. That is just totally out of order. I'm a fairly laidback fellow, but I'd be looking to kick someones goolies in for that, lay hands on them and pray for them, very hard prayer is effective you know...

What have I done today. Spent hours on the phone (as a hard of hearing person this is an adventure and a half) to get my phone line and broadband shifted (bill drops from £42 to £23 thanks to telling them of Vodaphones offer) and then gas and electricity this afternoon is also being sorted for great exodus. I've managed to sort Thames Water all online, which is awesome, such a good simple service and easy to use.

Now to buy wardrobes and white goods for the kitchen. That will be fun. I also have to order stuff for my study, IPAD Pro and printer, chair and something to hang my cassocks from. And my clerical shirts, lots of them in 19" neck sizes... no I am not fat, just big. Shirts can be £50 each, so the diocese is paying for those at that rate! House moving survey is done, valuation of our shared ownership home is next week Wednesday, so I have just a touch of painting to do to get it up to scratch and then I can relax, and finish my final assignment. Managed to get a bit of writing done on that today. SO that is all very exciting!
Wardrobes for the kitchen?
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Not quite, bedrooms. Have to fix the cupboards in the kitchen though. That will be a little DIY job for me to handle. Not to difficult. I've lived with far worse.
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

My gooseberry bushes suffered from a moth infestation last year, so this year I covered them with some fine net and nurtured them back to being lovely healthy plants. Given the weather and the fact that they were starting to outgrow their netting, I removed the net thinking that the danger was over. How wrong can you be! Within a few days they have been eaten within an inch of their lives and are covered with 1,000s of eggs and green caterpillars. :shock:

I have just spent the past hour cutting them all back again to an inch, sprayed them with diluted washing up liquid to kill the eggs and I am now back at point zero. So depressing. :cry: Never had this problem before moving here. :x
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

MrLongbeard wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:07 pm
hilldweller wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:10 am
Thanks.

If you are interested, I read a book "First Light" by Geoffrey Wellum that give incredible detail of those days. He joined the RAF, from a public school, at 17 and was more or less burned out by 21. The detail is amazing, I remember the almost absurd instructions from the RAF about what he was to bring when arriving to train to be a pilot with a life expectancy of weeks, bring your "dinner jacket".
Ordered
And received.
Ordered 2nd hand from Amazon and by the internal stickers it looks like it's been nicked from the the Joint Services Command and Staff College (JSCSC) library :silent: https://www.da.mod.uk/colleges-and-scho ... ff-college
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Today. Been doing H&S handovers with director and head of department. Also been working on knowledge base articles for handover, putting together procedures for the service desk to ensure that works are carried out effectively. Unfortunatley the contract management side of the Service Desk is not yet functional, so I cannot enter that information. They will have to wing it.

Painting my current house. And started painting in what will be my daughters room in the curates house. Rubbed down the door plate and spray painted it "Hammerite Hammered Silver Grey". Looks better than manky flaking hand painted black paint. Original feature too that now looks nice again. First impressions and all that.

Had confirmation that my licensing will come through in time for minstry, so I don't have to stress about GPDR and Safeguarding issues in the light of that. Also have contacted a friend to do the two laminate floors for me, he is a neighbour and does a great job. Local, so easy for him to sort it all out.

There is a whole lot more, but I am too knackered to write about it and the wife want me to go out and by a bottle of Rose for her socially distanced outing with the other teachers who are still not diseased or affected by running the school for Key Workers and vulnerable children. She is taking the Palinka as well. That kills viruses too.
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

Met up for a quick natter with Weeksy (good to see you again) and GP (good to finally meet you). Oh yeah and bought one of these:
1200 Speed Twin
1200 Speed Twin
4A6EB337-3B6E-4AFB-AE09-E11D6DDF38A6.jpeg (91.66 KiB) Viewed 2341 times
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Nidge wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:11 am Met up for a quick natter with Weeksy (good to see you again) and GP (good to finally meet you). Oh yeah and bought one of these:

4A6EB337-3B6E-4AFB-AE09-E11D6DDF38A6.jpeg
As said, that's proper nice mate, really lovely!
G.P

Post by G.P »

weeksy wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:28 am
Nidge wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:11 am Met up for a quick natter with Weeksy (good to see you again) and GP (good to finally meet you). Oh yeah and bought one of these:

Good to finally meet you too and top choice on the Speed twin. by far the best retro styled bike out these IMO.
Looking forward to hearing what its like to own.
Oh, and your old T140 sounded very healthy as you disappeared up the raod. Lovely bike. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

Tail tidy and black backed number plate will be the first things on the shopping list obves...
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

G.P wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:31 am

Good to finally meet you too and top choice on the Speed twin. by far the best retro styled bike out these IMO.
Looking forward to hearing what its like to own.
Oh, and your old T140 sounded very healthy as you disappeared up the raod. Lovely bike. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Cheers mate- I was just pleased it started on the first kick in front of an audience 😂
Potter

Post by Potter »

Lovely.
Haven't you got a collection of similar stuff now?

It's about time you did a write-up to tell us the nuances between them and which is your favourite.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Gratuitous early morning walk pic. Just befuckingcause. 8-)

"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Skub

Post by Skub »

Very nice Nidge. Your good health to enjoy. 8-)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Potter

Post by Potter »

hilldweller wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:10 am
Taipan wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:30 am More info here.

Thanks.

If you are interested, I read a book "First Light" by Geoffrey Wellum that give incredible detail of those days. He joined the RAF, from a public school, at 17 and was more or less burned out by 21. The detail is amazing, I remember the almost absurd instructions from the RAF about what he was to bring when arriving to train to be a pilot with a life expectancy of weeks, bring your "dinner jacket".
Bought it on the kindle yesterday and it kept me up late, couldn't put it down, brilliant (I'm 20% into it).
hilldweller

Post by hilldweller »

Harry wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:20 am Bought it on the kindle yesterday and it kept me up late, couldn't put it down, brilliant (I'm 20% into it).
You can see why 636mic and I have read it more than once, there is so much in there. Second read, you pick up more of the experience.

Those Spitfire night landings certainly raise the pulse rate just reading about them.
Brian