What bike?

Anything you like about motorbikes
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: What bike?

Post by weeksy »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:34 pm Well the fuckers said on Friday that all the parts were in and it was next on the ramp.

Heard nothing this week so far.

If they've not rung by Friday I'm buying a convertible and a comfort seat for the Enfield.
I'm impressed with your levels of patience fella... you're a better man than I :D
Potter

Post by Potter »

It doesn't stack up - I reckon they've realised they've made a mistake and it's going to cost them a packet during the warranty period and they're trying to wait you out until you've had enough and pull out.

Otherwise I'd send it out and let you find the things wrong with it, then do the little bits it needs if/when you come back moaning - unless I knew it wasn't just minor issues.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I told them I was pulling out and wanted my desposit back last Friday.

That's when they suddenly discovered the parts hard arrived and it was next on the workshop ramp after a Harley.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:08 am I told them I was pulling out and wanted my desposit back last Friday.

That's when they suddenly discovered the parts hard arrived and it was next on the workshop ramp after a Harley.
They may still be trying to lift the Harley off the ramp :)
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

weeksy wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:18 am They may still be trying to lift the Harley off the ramp :)
Probably right.

He suggested that I might look at an alternative bike, I told them I had to wait four weeks before they even looked at the GSXR, he said they'd push a different bike to the front of the queue for me. Bastards, that's probably why I had to wait four weeks to start with, people jumping the queue!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:20 am
weeksy wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:18 am They may still be trying to lift the Harley off the ramp :)
Probably right.

He suggested that I might look at an alternative bike, I told them I had to wait four weeks before they even looked at the GSXR, he said they'd push a different bike to the front of the queue for me. Bastards, that's probably why I had to wait four weeks to start with, people jumping the queue!
The more you say, the less inclined i'd be to deal with them in the first place. I am not having a massive amount of confidence in you having a happy life with this even if it comes off mate. Slightly cruel maybe ... but it's not what a new bike should feel like to me.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I know what you're saying.

I think some of it is just comms.

It's not their fault they had difficulty getting Suzuki parts. I'd have gone 3rd party, but they seem to insist on the proper Suzuki bits, fair enough. It's the fact that I have to chase them for the info and then they contradict themselves depending who you talk too that I'm finding frustrating.

I bet if I ring them today they'll tell me it's all done and I'm due to collect it on Thursday.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:28 am

I bet if I ring them today they'll tell me it's all done and I'm due to collect it on Thursday.
I'm guessing we'll find out the answer to that in about an hour :D
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

The issue here and in the cases of matey with the Ducati deposit and the Trumpet warranty job is comms. Seems dealers are shit at talking to people and what's going on.

If the shop called you a couple of times a week saying, really sorry but we are waiting on X or Y but we've not forgotten you etc, you'd probably be completely fine with it. Odd that's it's so hard for them to do.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Supermofo wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:43 am The issue here and in the cases of matey with the Ducati deposit and the Trumpet warranty job is comms. Seems dealers are shit at talking to people and what's going on.
by some, you mean MOST... I get they're busy of course, but dealers could do SO much more... it seems most are full of techies/staff/sales people, whereas someone needs to employ a customer relations person, who's only job is not to sell, to buy, to order, to fix, just to speak to customers and make/keep them happy with updates on parts/bikes/kit etc.... Even if the update is "still nothing to see here, waiting for ..... " That's all we as customers want, updates to where we are.
Potter

Post by Potter »

This is why it doesn't stack up, I'm assuming that they don't have massive capital reserves and rely on sales to keep their business afloat.

They've either got so little margin in this bike that they're not arsed about selling it, or they've got big cash reserves and they're not arsed about selling it, or it's a liability and they're not arsed about selling it.

Basically, they're really not arsed about selling it.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Potter wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:47 am Basically, they're really not arsed about selling it.
Yeah, but he tried everything to stop me pulling out of the sale.
Potter

Post by Potter »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:53 am
Yeah, but he tried everything to stop me pulling out of the sale.
Oh well, perhaps he's just a very bad businessman then, there is one born every minute.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Are they local? Pop in if they are, and actually see where the bike is. If its still languishing in the corner, untouched, and they can't show you the parts for it, then you have your answer.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

It's Bradford, probably 30ish miles from home... but I work 9-5 week days innit.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:15 am It's Bradford, probably 30ish miles from home... but I work 9-5 week days innit.
Which shop?
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Rite Bike.

It's a massive shop, but I think they rely on selling cheap and selling fast.

They're own/are webuyanybike.com
Potter

Post by Potter »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:18 am
It's a massive shop, but I think they rely on selling cheap and selling fast.
:wtf:

Certainly not in your case they don't.
In your case they're expensive and slow.

The alarm bells here are like Big Ben being banged by Quasimodo and Geoff Capes with the biggest sledge hammers in the world.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Have a friend phone up and ask if they have any similar bikes for sale, and then have them wander over to look at it.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I've decided there's no point calling them today. Even if it's ready I can't collect before the weekend.

I'll call them on Friday, ask if it's ready for Saturday/Sunday collection. If not then I can kick off and say it's been a week since I was told it was next bike on the ramp, etc... demand my deposit back and go buy a Nintendo Switch and give up biking forever.