NBT: I’ve just bought my forever bike, part 2!

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
Taipan

Re: NBT: I’ve just bought my forever bike, part 2!

Post by Taipan »

Supermofo wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:25 am I seem to recall a good few years back listening to FEC podcast and they were talking about the X-ADV and how it'd flopped here but was the best selling bike in Europe in the same year. Big scoots make lots of sense for commuting and practical use.
I had a NC700 & 750 DCT and never really got on with them, despite telling myself I did. I then briefly had a manual NC700 and realised why I didnt get on with the DCTs. Its because they are motorbikes and it didn't feel right that they were so low revving for a bike.

I saw the X-ADV as more of a scoot and readily accepted its DCT and low revving as such but now realise how stupid that is, so much so if the x-adv was purloined i'd probably get a NC again. Its also why I think a lot of people don't like the NC when they try it as their first auto/DCT, its so low revving the expected party just doesn't get started, so to speak.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I've had the X-ADV for 10 months now :wtf: and covered over 6k miles and although I've changed the oil and filters i've not checked the pads or even adjusted the chain! Its a heavy bike and I do a lot of town riding so the pads must be getting low. I've ordered some back ones to arrive today, just in case and I have a set of front I bought for the Africa Twin if the fronts are low. I think the chain could probably do with a 1/4 turn on the adjusters. I've got a couple of chain oilers in the loft-of-plenty and may fit one of them (the tutoro) on there, but as its a closed in chain i'm not sure it needs one as once a month its so easy to bung it on the center stand for a quick clean and lube?

All in all it's probably the perfect bike for my commute with it returning over 70mpg and requiring no maintenance other than scheduled servicing! :thumbup:
matt

Post by matt »

I was in Malaga a couple of weeks back and every other bike seemed to be one of these,I've only ever seen a couple of UK roads. I think they look pretty cool 😎
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

matt wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:19 pm I was in Malaga a couple of weeks back and every other bike seemed to be one of these,I've only ever seen a couple of UK roads. I think they look pretty cool 😎
Most of Europe embraces scooters, including maxi scooters, so the X-ADV was a sure fire over there! I too was in Malaga and Nerja earlier this year and saw 3 within walking distance of my hotel in Nerja and quite a few parked up in Malaga. :thumbup: