Should America grow up and seriously restrict gun use/ownership?

Current affairs, Politics, News.

Should America restrict gun use?

Yes
21%
No
21%
Also yes because for fucks sake
46%
I live in the redneck territories of Kent and Essex and think we need more guns.
13%

Total votes: 24

ZRX61

Re: Should America grow up and seriously restrict gun use/ownership?

Post by ZRX61 »

Mr Moofo wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:53 pm Another 5 dead today - now in Louisville.
Best solution would be to allow Americans to have more guns ..
Yup, another lefty democrat whose pronouns have now changed from he/him to was/were. If democrats would stop killing people, the murder rate would drop by 90%
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:02 pm
Mr Moofo wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:53 pm Another 5 dead today - now in Louisville.
Best solution would be to allow Americans to have more guns ..
Yup, another lefty democrat whose pronouns have now changed from he/him to was/were. If democrats would stop killing people, the murder rate would drop by 90%
So Democrats commit 90% of murders, leaving only 10% for the GOP. Source data?
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

@Bwana More rhetorical nonsense. I like the way you have back-pedalled with the “violent intent” suggesting that you do accept there was very little actual violence and merely that “well that was what they wanted”.

I went out of my way some time ago to suggest that these protesters were breaking the law and do deserve to be punished under the law. What has happened instead is that they are being persecuted by circumventing the law. That is my position here. Not that they were right to storm the building which obviously they did but that the law should be applied in a non partisan manner. Clearly these protesters are being punished not for what they did but for what they represent.

Had this been Antifa/BLM storming a building, setting fire to stuff, robbing looting, it would have been described as a mostly peaceful protest and every single one of them would have been released. You know it, I know it, that’s just the way this current administration deals with its political opponents vs. it’s political allies.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

DefTrap wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:01 pm

But all threads lead to the same few people, well two, obsessing over this because the truth is out there man.
Another week
Another four pages

The same couple of people using every fecking politics threads to boohoo trump and bad mouth Biden. I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy

This thread was about gun control once upon a time.
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:07 pm @Bwana More rhetorical nonsense. I like the way you have back-pedalled with the “violent intent” suggesting that you do accept there was very little actual violence and merely that “well that was what they wanted”.

I went out of my way some time ago to suggest that these protesters were breaking the law and do deserve to be punished under the law. What has happened instead is that they are being persecuted by circumventing the law. That is my position here. Not that they were right to storm the building which obviously they did but that the law should be applied in a non partisan manner. Clearly these protesters are being punished not for what they did but for what they represent.

Had this been Antifa/BLM storming a building, setting fire to stuff, robbing looting, it would have been described as a mostly peaceful protest and every single one of them would have been released. You know it, I know it, that’s just the way this current administration deals with its political opponents vs. it’s political allies.
You manage to create meaning where there is none. There was violent intent and there was violence. It's evident in the video and the number of police officers that needed medical treatment as a result of the violence. I still find it rather intriguing that you can watch video that shows throngs of mongs forcing their way past barriers, forcing their way into a building by bashing in windows, climbing through and overpowering security by virtue of sheer numbers and still insist this was some sort of peaceful protest.

Now you're bringing in Antifa/BLM with a bit more disinformation. In spite of what you've been reading off the innertube, people were held accountable during those protests/riots. Here's a side by side comparison, prepared special like, just for you.

BLM protests/riots at more than 10,600 locations for the year 2020 resulted in $2 billion USD worth of insurance claims and had at least 14,000 arrests. An estimated 15 to 26 million people are estimated to have participated in protests and riots over the period between 26 May and 22 August, 2020. 98% of those protests were deemed peaceful with no property destruction. According to several studies and analyses, protests were overwhelmingly peaceful. The claimed impetus for those protests and riots included police brutality, lack of police accountability, racial inequality, and racism. The death of George Floyd sparked it all off. Property was destroyed or damaged, and rioters were held accountable.

January 6, peaceful demonstration show your legislator some love dinner party, 1 event, a few leisurely hours one afternoon. Around 1000 arrests. According to Forbes, federal authorities have raised their estimates to $2.73 million USD. The impetus for this was some orange bloke pissing and moaning about election fraud that didn't actually occur. There've been around 60 court cases that all determined nothing of the sort happened during the last presidential election. If Trump hadn't been spreading the big lie, would we be having this discussion? Nope!

TDS, that syndrome where uninformed idiots believe every utterance that spills out of Donald Trump's gob.
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

DefTrap wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:11 pm
DefTrap wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:01 pm

But all threads lead to the same few people, well two, obsessing over this because the truth is out there man.
Another week
Another four pages

The same couple of people using every fecking politics threads to boohoo trump and bad mouth Biden. I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy

This thread was about gun control once upon a time.
Ah right, gun control. Touchy subject. The minute you suggest that some folks just shouldn't have access to them all sorts of 2nd amendment interpretations start flying. I want my God given, or flying spaghetti monster given, right to own a fucking a 50-cal gun off a Black Hawk helicopter. I've got some soup cans in need of ventilation. :angry-cussingblack:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Bwana wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:15 pm TDS, that syndrome where uninformed idiots believe every utterance that spills out of Donald Trump's gob.
Ya mean like all that nonsense about Russian Collusion being a big hoax? Oh wait....
Nordboy

Post by Nordboy »

:roll: Time for more 'thoughts and prayers'? :roll:
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Nordboy wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:34 am :roll: Time for more 'thoughts and prayers'? :roll:
Or just don't give it another thought.
Americans won't bother - so neither will I!
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Bwana wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:15 pm You manage to create meaning where there is none. There was violent intent and there was violence. It's evident in the video and the number of police officers that needed medical treatment as a result of the violence. I still find it rather intriguing that you can watch video that shows throngs of mongs forcing their way past barriers, forcing their way into a building by bashing in windows, climbing through and overpowering security by virtue of sheer numbers and still insist this was some sort of peaceful protest.

Now you're bringing in Antifa/BLM with a bit more disinformation. In spite of what you've been reading off the innertube, people were held accountable during those protests/riots. Here's a side by side comparison, prepared special like, just for you.

BLM protests/riots at more than 10,600 locations for the year 2020 resulted in $2 billion USD worth of insurance claims and had at least 14,000 arrests. An estimated 15 to 26 million people are estimated to have participated in protests and riots over the period between 26 May and 22 August, 2020. 98% of those protests were deemed peaceful with no property destruction. According to several studies and analyses, protests were overwhelmingly peaceful. The claimed impetus for those protests and riots included police brutality, lack of police accountability, racial inequality, and racism. The death of George Floyd sparked it all off. Property was destroyed or damaged, and rioters were held accountable.

January 6, peaceful demonstration show your legislator some love dinner party, 1 event, a few leisurely hours one afternoon. Around 1000 arrests. According to Forbes, federal authorities have raised their estimates to $2.73 million USD. The impetus for this was some orange bloke pissing and moaning about election fraud that didn't actually occur. There've been around 60 court cases that all determined nothing of the sort happened during the last presidential election. If Trump hadn't been spreading the big lie, would we be having this discussion? Nope!

TDS, that syndrome where uninformed idiots believe every utterance that spills out of Donald Trump's gob.
Yes a window was broken. I have seen that 1000 times, it crops up multiple times in every video.

Yes there was violence, the majority of which I concur after watching too much of this nonsense, was violence directed at officers beating the crap out of protesters. Is that justification? No. It is human nature. If an officer of the law is beating you with a baton, you should really just fuck off. Instead. there are multiple examples of "resisting arrest". That in itself is of course a crime.

However, it's not "worse than the civil war" ffs.

The only part of your mainstream media inspired propaganda I can begin to agree with is "overpowering security by virtue of sheer numbers". That is of course an accurate précis of what happened. The reality is, apart from a broken window and a handful of occasions where sheer weight of numbers became a violent incident in and of itself, there was no "violent insurrection, worse than the civil war".

But then we get to the part where you accept the mainstream media propaganda to such an extreme degree, it is clear there is no rational discussion to be had. For example the "98% of those protests were deemed peaceful with no property destruction." If you believe that nonsense, there is no hope for you.

"98% of those protests" is the sort of rhetoric the media loves. It's not "untrue" because it says nothing. Which 98% of protests do they refer to? Presumably the ones where shops were not looted and burned out. While absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, I have not seen a single one of those "peaceful protests" the mainstream media invent to produce such an obviously false statistic.

The Jan 6th protest cannot be compared to the nationwide organised crime wave perpetrated by the Antifa/BLM mobs in the name of St. George. It's not in the same ballpark, it's not even the same sport (to coin a phrase /Pulp Fiction).

I do not need to believe anything the msm tell me to believe, especially when my one overriding memory of those events was a reporter standing in front of what looked like a war zone telling me the protests were "mostly peaceful". I can't believe anyone could be so blinkered as to believe such mindless nonsense. If nothing else, your diatribe has shown me to be wrong on that score.
Plato
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Screwdriver wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:02 am

The only part of your mainstream media inspired propaganda I can begin to agree with is "overpowering security by virtue of sheer numbers". That is of course an accurate précis of what happened. The reality is, apart from a broken window and a handful of occasions where sheer weight of numbers became a violent incident in and of itself, there was no "violent insurrection, worse than the civil war".

I do not need to believe anything the msm tell me to believe, especially when my one overriding memory of those events was a reporter standing in front of what looked like a war zone telling me the protests were "mostly peaceful". I can't believe anyone could be so blinkered as to believe such mindless nonsense. If nothing else, your diatribe has shown me to be wrong on that score.

I'm struggling here Screwd.

So there was no violent insurrection but a reporter telling you the protests were mostly peaceful is mindless nonsense.

Have I missed something?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

He's referring to reporters stood in front of BLM etc. protests, not the Jan 6th events.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:36 am He's referring to reporters stood in front of BLM etc. protests, not the Jan 6th events.
The thrust of my argument or observation if you will is that a mass demonstration on the right is a violent insurrection whereas a mass demonstration on the left is mostly peaceful: according to the mainstream media.

When you look at the footage of these events, one thing strikes you as at odds with the facts, as if the truth has been turned in it’s head and yet we are expected to believe what we are told rather than the evidence in front of our eyes.

BLM/Antifa are heavily armed mobs who burn loot and murder their way through an entire town: “mostly peaceful”.

Jan 6th protestors broke a window and trespassed a government building: “worse than the civil war”.

It is such an obvious bias in both the reporting and prosecution (Bwana insists there were multiple arrests regarding the BLM/Antifa riots but neglects to mention 90-95% are realised with no charge) and it amazes me that people defend such obvious political bias choosing instead to blindly accept the propaganda they are being fed.
Plato
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

Screwdriver wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:02 am
Bwana wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:15 pm You manage to create meaning where there is none. There was violent intent and there was violence. It's evident in the video and the number of police officers that needed medical treatment as a result of the violence. I still find it rather intriguing that you can watch video that shows throngs of mongs forcing their way past barriers, forcing their way into a building by bashing in windows, climbing through and overpowering security by virtue of sheer numbers and still insist this was some sort of peaceful protest.

Yes a window was broken. I have seen that 1000 times, it crops up multiple times in every video.

Yes there was violence, the majority of which I concur after watching too much of this nonsense, was violence directed at officers beating the crap out of protesters. Is that justification? No. It is human nature. If an officer of the law is beating you with a baton, you should really just fuck off. Instead. there are multiple examples of "resisting arrest". That in itself is of course a crime.

However, it's not "worse than the civil war" ffs.

But then we get to the part where you accept the mainstream media propaganda to such an extreme degree, it is clear there is no rational discussion to be had. For example the "98% of those protests were deemed peaceful with no property destruction." If you believe that nonsense, there is no hope for you.

"98% of those protests" is the sort of rhetoric the media loves. It's not "untrue" because it says nothing. Which 98% of protests do they refer to? Presumably the ones where shops were not looted and burned out. While absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, I have not seen a single one of those "peaceful protests" the mainstream media invent to produce such an obviously false statistic.

The Jan 6th protest cannot be compared to the nationwide organised crime wave perpetrated by the Antifa/BLM mobs in the name of St. George. It's not in the same ballpark, it's not even the same sport (to coin a phrase /Pulp Fiction).

You've reduced the J6 destruction to "a broken window." That's quite precious. I do love your insinuation that the protesters were being beaten by police. If you actually watch the video and take in what was happening, those protesters barged over barriers and took cops down with them. The cops were well outnumbered by the mob and the mob put that numerical advantage to good use.

Yes, I do agree with you that the Antifa/BLM protests and J6 not comparable. J6 was based entirely on a lie pushed by Fox News and Donald Trump. The Antifa/BLM protests were based on police brutality. It is rather amusing that you miss out on the police brutality for them yet insist that was the was a factor in J6.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Genuine laugh out loud.

I think my work here is done. I see you now for what you are.
Plato
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:49 am
Bwana wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:15 pm TDS, that syndrome where uninformed idiots believe every utterance that spills out of Donald Trump's gob.
Ya mean like all that nonsense about Russian Collusion being a big hoax? Oh wait....
LOL! Yep, you're a Tucker Carlson dupe. You do know that Fox News staff have openly admitted to believing Trump is full of shit and the claims of a "reeged election" were known to them to be false. That covers the 2020 election hoax, now we can look back at 2016. A Republican-led Senate intelligence committee on the Russia investigation detailed how Russia launced an aggressive effort to interfere in the election on Trump's behalf. It detailed how associates of Trump had regular contact with Russians and expected to benefit form the Kremlin's help. One of the "more striking sections of the report is the committee's description of the professional relationship between former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Konstantin Kilimnik, whom the committed describes as a Russian intelligence officer." Lifted from Senate panel finds Russia interfered win the 2016 U.S. election. 18 August, 2020.

Seriously fella, stop watching Fox News. They're admitted liars.

ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

LOL!!