Would you have an electric car if you had the money for a new car and were in the market for one?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Ant

Re: Would you have an electric car if you had the money for a new car and were in the market for one?

Post by Ant »

Pirahna wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:08 am
ZRX61 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:04 am oops..

https://climatechangedispatch.com/biden ... -disaster/
It's a climate change denial site, we've covered that off before. It content is half truths and lies, the sort off place Trump would like.
In other words, critical thinking (also known as misinformation).
Ant

Re: Would you have an electric car if you had the money for a new car and were in the market for one?

Post by Ant »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:42 pm The Beeb are reporting that JLR have picked the UK for their new battery plant, yay!
Bloody brexit :roll:
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

No more RHD Model S Teslas.

People cancelling orders....
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Super odd.

Cynic in me wonders if its Tesla trying to play silly buggers with the market.
Desmodromic

Post by Desmodromic »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:03 pm Super odd.

Cynic in me wonders if its Tesla trying to play silly buggers with the market.
I'm waiting until they start to build the 'proper' Model Y in Germany, then I'm buying one. While I'm waiting We thought we'll have a look at maybe, a used Model S. The Tesla Luxury car. I'm already sold on the technology so that goes without saying. But I wanted the 'Luxury' car feeling and didn't get that. Its very nice and a pleasure to drive. But I left feeling disappointed.

The right hand drive versions of the Model S don't really sell in big numbers. There is only one factory producing them so I think its a cost thing really.
Horse

Post by Horse »

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/25/tesla-e ... -talk.html

Ford EVs will use Tesla charging tech in surprise partnership between rival automakers
PUBLISHED THU, MAY 25 2023 4:13 PM EDT
UPDATED FRI, MAY 26 2023 9:16 AM EDT

KEY POINTS
Ford Motor will partner with Tesla on charging initiatives for its current and future electric vehicles in an unusual tie-up between the two rivals.

Under the agreement, announced by Ford CEO Jim Farley and Tesla CEO Elon Musk, current Ford owners will be granted access to more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers across the U.S. and Canada starting early next year.

Ford's next-generation of EVs will include Tesla's charging plug, allowing owners of Ford vehicles to charge at Tesla Superchargers without an adapter.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Horse wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:47 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/25/tesla-e ... -talk.html

Ford EVs will use Tesla charging tech in surprise partnership between rival automakers
PUBLISHED THU, MAY 25 2023 4:13 PM EDT
UPDATED FRI, MAY 26 2023 9:16 AM EDT

KEY POINTS
Ford Motor will partner with Tesla on charging initiatives for its current and future electric vehicles in an unusual tie-up between the two rivals.

Under the agreement, announced by Ford CEO Jim Farley and Tesla CEO Elon Musk, current Ford owners will be granted access to more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers across the U.S. and Canada starting early next year.

Ford's next-generation of EVs will include Tesla's charging plug, allowing owners of Ford vehicles to charge at Tesla Superchargers without an adapter.
They had to do something after partnering with SunRun for the chargers etc. People were buying E Machs & Lightnings then finding out there was a 3 month wait to get the charger installed at their homes.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Pirahna wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:08 am *crickets*
Unable to discuss the actual issue?
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Ok so it's not cars but changing batteries on trucks makes a lot of sense.
Well worth a watch.
Charge up slowly and when the energy grid has spare capacity, replacing the batteries is actually faster than refilling diesel, gearbox lasts longer, less running costs and less downtime for maintenance.
Oh and the batteries are good for grid storage even after theyve lost enough capacity to be good in a truck
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Surprised they didn't insist on solar chargers where it's dark for half the year...

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-g ... oondoggle/
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Interesting take on where we are with battery cars by a surprising author - Mr Bean. (Rowan Atkinson appears to be better academically qualified than most to comment given his degrees). My summary - for those that lose interest in anything with more than 12 words and no pictures, or are allergic to Guardian links :lol: - don't buy one, yet.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisf ... App_Other
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Ant

Post by Ant »

Count Steer wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:09 am Interesting take on where we are with battery cars by a surprising author - Mr Bean. (Rowan Atkinson appears to be better academically qualified than most to comment given his degrees). My summary - for those that lose interest in anything with more than 12 words and no pictures, or are allergic to Guardian links :lol: - don't buy one, yet.

Would you take advice from someone who painted his living room by stacking paint in the middle and putting dynamite in the tin? :o
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Ant wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:16 am
Count Steer wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:09 am Interesting take on where we are with battery cars by a surprising author - Mr Bean. (Rowan Atkinson appears to be better academically qualified than most to comment given his degrees). My summary - for those that lose interest in anything with more than 12 words and no pictures, or are allergic to Guardian links :lol: - don't buy one, yet.

Would you take advice from someone who painted his living room by stacking paint in the middle and putting dynamite in the tin? :o
Well, did it work?? :)
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Ant

Post by Ant »

Noggin wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:15 am

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I came very close to buying a Tesla but had to scratch the Range Rover itch. Really glad about that now!!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Ant wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:40 am
Noggin wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:15 am

Weeeell, was a good job apart from the interloper :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Nice to see a counter to Krytons devout faith. I don't understand why he made a deal out of people only keeping new cars for 3 years, they will be sold on to other people but he talks like they still go straight to scrap.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Saw a Faraday Future FF91 on the freeway today.. it was on dealer plates so I assume they still haven't managed to sell one. It was HUGE.
Horse

Post by Horse »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:17 am Saw a Faraday Future FF91 It was HUGE.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave: