Are Trump protests finished?

Current affairs, Politics, News.
ZRX61

Re: Are Trump protests finished?

Post by ZRX61 »

DEADPOOL wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:25 pm
Yorick wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:55 pm I love his posts even if they make zero sense :D
Imagine if through some chicanery involving dodgy postal votes, Corbyn got into power, sat down at his desk and started making up laws. One law might be that you can only be a soldier if you vote labour, anyone who votes Tory or has ever voted Tory is disallowed until the proposed re-education camps have been set-up (I shit you not...).

If you do not accept the party line on a number of highly contentious issues I dare not repeat, you are de-facto a terrorist and a white power racist. Again, I am not making this up. They will "hunt you down" (their words) and punish you.

I can hardly believe it tbh and I neither can the Democrats believe their luck. They are consolidating their position and changing the entire county to make it impossible for any conservative government to ever form again. The USA is now a single party state and Biden is making dictatorial changes to make sure it stays that way, including politicising the military.
and the cops...
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

DEADPOOL wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:25 pm
Yorick wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:55 pm I love his posts even if they make zero sense :D
Imagine if through some chicanery involving dodgy postal votes, Corbyn got into power, sat down at his desk and started making up laws. One law might be that you can only be a soldier if you vote labour, anyone who votes Tory or has ever voted Tory is disallowed until the proposed re-education camps have been set-up (I shit you not...).

If you do not accept the party line on a number of highly contentious issues I dare not repeat, you are de-facto a terrorist and a white power racist. Again, I am not making this up. They will "hunt you down" (their words) and punish you.

I can hardly believe it tbh and I neither can the Democrats believe their luck. They are consolidating their position and changing the entire county to make it impossible for any conservative government to ever form again. The USA is now a single party state and Biden is making dictatorial changes to make sure it stays that way, including politicising the military.
I was giggling at ZRX61 but you've said far more words yet made even less sense :(
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Yorick wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:31 pm I was giggling at ZRX61 but you've said far more words yet made even less sense :(
I am at a loss to explain what is happening more simply. Perhaps your "giggling" is because you don't believe it.

I don't believe it either and yet it is happening right in front of our eyes.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Imagine you are a moderate political party, call them Democrats if you like. Policies that would be considered Centre, or even Centre-Right in many other civilised countries.

You have just inherited power from a Right Wing bunch who don't like stuff, let's call them the GOP They don't like blacks, gays, abortion, religious freedom, social care, and a whole host of other stuff that is normal in other countries. You won that election by persuading lots of people who traditionally CBA to vote to actually register and use a postal vote, but the GOP bunch think this is election fraud, persuading the have-nots to actually vote is a crime in their book.

After you win you decide to sort out a few urgent things, like racism and corruption in the police for a start. You know, the shoot first, question survivors attitude that seems to exist alongside a propensity to shoot at black people a lot more than at white ones. You have to understand that these police are not white supremacists, or racist, or anything nasty. No, it's just the way they have always done stuff, and they plan to carry on doing it. And they get all upset when they get called out and threatened with being fired or disciplined, or even (Heaven forfend) prosecuted.

Anyway, it turns out that the GOP thinks that messing with traditions in this area is wrong too
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Cousin Jack wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:37 pm You have just inherited power from a Right Wing bunch who don't like stuff, let's call them the GOP They don't like blacks, gays, abortion, religious freedom, social care, and a whole host of other stuff that is normal in other countries. You won that election by persuading lots of people who traditionally CBA to vote to actually register and use a postal vote, but the GOP bunch think this is election fraud, persuading the have-nots to actually vote is a crime in their book.

After you win you decide to sort out a few urgent things, like racism and corruption in the police for a start. You know, the shoot first, question survivors attitude that seems to exist alongside a propensity to shoot at black people a lot more than at white ones. You have to understand that these police are not white supremacists, or racist, or anything nasty. No, it's just the way they have always done stuff, and they plan to carry on doing it. And they get all upset when they get called out and threatened with being fired or disciplined, or even (Heaven forfend) prosecuted.

Anyway, it turns out that the GOP thinks that messing with traditions in this area is wrong too
The GOP show this hatred of blacks & gays by having the lowest unemployment rate among blacks since the Democrats fought the keep them slaves then instigated a $500Billion plan to improve their lives. I wish some fucker hated me with such a passion.
& then appointed the first openly gay ambassador.
The cops must be terrible shots, they keep killing more white people than blacks. Maybe the light skin makes them easier to hit?
Horse

Post by Horse »

Two different interpretations of 'imagine'.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

DEADPOOL wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:47 pm
Yorick wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:31 pm I was giggling at ZRX61 but you've said far more words yet made even less sense :(
I am at a loss to explain what is happening more simply. Perhaps your "giggling" is because you don't believe it.

I don't believe it either and yet it is happening right in front of our eyes.
I think it's more a case of it happening right in front of your eyes. I shit you not.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Horse wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:46 pm Two different interpretations of 'imagine'.
Talking of imagination. AOC just got called out for her totally bogus account of what happened to her during the Capital riot by someone who was two doors away from her office... in a totally separate building which wasn't targeted by the rioters.
AOC immediately defended her delusional bullshit by calling the person a racist.. So now it's racist to call someone who lies a liar.

I won't even get into what AOC called the cop who went to protect her...
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:53 pm
Horse wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:46 pm Two different interpretations of 'imagine'.
Talking of imagination. AOC just got called out for her totally bogus account of what happened to her during the Capital riot by someone who was two doors away from her office... in a totally separate building which wasn't targeted by the rioters.
AOC immediately defended her delusional bullshit by calling the person a racist.. So now it's racist to call someone who lies a liar.

I won't even get into what AOC called the cop who went to protect her...
Meanwhile, back in the world of facts. ;)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 97224.html
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:43 pm The GOP show this hatred of blacks & gays by having the lowest unemployment rate among blacks since the Democrats fought the keep them slaves then instigated a $500Billion plan to improve their lives. I wish some fucker hated me with such a passion.
& then appointed the first openly gay ambassador.
The cops must be terrible shots, they keep killing more white people than blacks. Maybe the light skin makes them easier to hit?
How was this $500 Billion targeted at blacks?

Black Population in US: 47.8 million, 14.6% In 2019 US Census Bureau estimated 48,221,139 African Americans in the United States which is 14.7% of the total American population of 328.2 Million.

Did they get $10 Billion each?

Appointed an 'openly gay' ambassador? So what. The US will have actually achieved progress when it DGAS what sexual orientation ambassadors have, it isn't part of the job spec so it shouldn't be any concern of the media or anyone else.

Perhaps real progress in the US will be made when cops don't actually shoot ANY people except in very rare circumstance. You know, like most of the rest of the world.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

October 2020
White supremacists "remain the most persistent and lethal threat in the homeland," the Department of Homeland Security concluded in its inaugural threat assessment released Tuesday,
January 2021
Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller quietly ordered a review last month of the Pentagon’s policies on extremist activities among service members, a senior defense official said Thursday, acknowledging the growing concern of troops harboring extreme views.

Officials in the five military services involved in the recruiting and accessions policy and those in the Pentagon’s personnel and readiness office are due to draft a report within two months outlining new initiatives meant to stamp out extremists or hate group activity in the ranks, the senior defense official said.
But yeah, it's just Biden wanting votes :think:
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Cousin Jack wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:37 pm Imagine...
Let me stop you right there. You don't need to imagine anything, there is a very real situation developing in the USA, fuelled by the media who have virtually word for word written that narrative into your imagination.

The police force is not institutionally racist, that is a media narrative. A famous chap who famously spent 40 years in and out of prison for everything from drug abuse to armed robbery, bumped into the wrong cop while off his head on amphetamines trying to pass counterfeit cash. That copper did not provide a duty of care for such a disturbed deranged career criminal. That officer was responsible for his death to the extent he can be said to have literally murdered him.

A lot of criminals die at the hands of the police, the vast majority in number and even by proportion are a particular colour. It is not the colour you think it is. The majority by number and in proportion to their ethnic group are in fact white. Most black people are killed by other blacks, that is also a fact. I appreciate the very word "fact" is now so contentious, it looks odd in this context, you need to check the number from reputable sources yourself. The media won't do that for you, it does not fit the narrative.

I do not know how far a discussion like this can go. Not very far I should expect so rather than just poke fun at DEADPOOL and come up with some witty insult, why not just dig around at say, the published statistics for crime and "death by police" in the USA.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:58 pm
How is that in any way a factual account?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Cousin Jack wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:02 pm
How was this $500 Billion targeted at blacks?
ZX81 is referring to Trump's "Platinum Plan". The $500 billion comes from the money they saved after getting Mexico to pay for that wall they finished in 2018.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ack-voters
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

DEADPOOL wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:10 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:58 pm
How is that in any way a factual account?
Looks like you're not interested in the truth. Here's how that happens:

AOC puts up a video you are happy to suggest is "the real world" truth. It shows her hiding, being scared, "WHERE IS SHE" etc. Looks grim in the context of the storming of the Capitol building.

She is not in the Capitol building. The person shouting "where is she" is a Capitol police officer trying to find and protect her. She runs into an office next door (ignoring the officer) "looking for somewhere to hide". In the office Katie Porter is sitting at her desk sipping a coffee and can't understand what all the fuss is about. The riot is in another building several hundred metres away.

She doesn't actually lie about being in the Capitol building, she implies it by describing her feelings and her subsequent actions. So far so what? Well the media hype this up to say she was under attack, surrounded by protesters, banging on doors etc...

OK well that's not true even by AOC standards so why the fuss? Well that exaggerated story is the media narrative we all get to see. It is backed up by big tech who delete any posts which suggest she was not in the Capitol building by conflating that "fact" with her feelings. Net result is all references to her not being anywhere near the riot is suppressed and deleted. AOC calls upon her supporters to troll Twitter and report any "right wing propaganda" that says she wasn't in the Capitol building (even though she wasn't). All that content gets nuked. That's how it works.

Look at snopes "fact" check. Note how they conflate her "feelings" of being threatened by the fact that she actually was not present:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/aoc-capitol-attack/

Did she exaggerate the threat? Who can say? That's obviously a subjective judgement but the left wing media use that to delete anything and everything which does not fit the narrative even though they flag the event as false, at the same time they accept it is true that she was not in the Capitol building. Yeah "not true" even though it is. And you guys think I'm crazy?

As AOC herself says quite tellingly in a chilling quote that really sums this up: "actual facts mean less than moral truths".
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

FFS, this just a discussion. It's not a fight to the death !!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I was referring to ZRX's comments about AOC's "bogus story", her being "delusional" and how she's been "called out for lying"....when the facts are, at best, disputable.

Honestly I don't know why I bother, I mean that literally. :D
ogri

Post by ogri »

Every thread which the trumpist duo frequent always turns into a shitshow with the blatant bullshit they peddle tbh.
Ignorance is bliss
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:25 pm I was referring to ZRX's comments about AOC's "bogus story", her being "delusional" and how she's been "called out for lying"....when the facts are, at best, disputable.

Honestly I don't know why I bother, I mean that literally. :D
I wasn't addressing that, though I will if you insist. I was commenting on your acceptance of the media spin and "here's what the truth looks like" comment in an attempt to explain exactly how the media and big tech are driving public opinion. I do this not because it matters how the USA is being destroyed but how those same tactics appear over here and what the future holds for us.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

ogri wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:26 pm Every thread which the trumpist duo frequent always turns into a shitshow with the blatant bullshit they peddle tbh.
Now we're getting somewhere. What "bullshit" am I "peddling"?

Personal insults are irrelevant, empty rhetoric is meaningless, what actual facts do you dispute?