I'm getting too old for this crap...

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
DefTrap

Re: I'm getting too old for this crap...

Post by DefTrap »

I did a few rideouts back in the ancint days of VD in East Angular - dodgy, abel, ricey, davethebunny etc. And also a few more niche marque-specifique stuff with TP amongst others. It was nice for a chinwag, banter and an excuse for a sunday afternoon away from little kids but I didn't get a massive amount out of the group riding per se. Rideouts always feel a little bit too 'look at me' for my sensibilities and there were more than a few unexpected verge interfaces that I didn't always fancy picking up the pieces from as I preferred being near the rear of the group.

That said, I'm determined to do a few organised time trial events before my knees give out.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

I can't recall the last time I did a group ride. The one guy I rode with 95% of the time moved to Arizona. Somewhere I have a video of him screeching to a halt & doing the "I've got a bee in my shirt" dance at the side of the road as he started ripping his clothes off. :lol:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2024 5:53 pm Somewhere I have a video of him screeching to a halt & doing the "I've got a bee in my shirt" dance at the side of the road as he started ripping his clothes off. :lol:
That ol' chestnut, eh?

Listen. Don't worry. What happens on the ride, stays on the ride.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

gremlin wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2024 6:26 pm That ol' chestnut, eh?

Listen. Don't worry. What happens on the ride, stays on the ride.
I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but back in the '80's there was a bloke known as Razor in Cambridge who had a white '83 Z1000R. One day he got his collar felt by the Dibble for exposing himself to some pupils on the playing fields at an all-girls school in the area. :wtf:
Case goes to court, he pleads innocent & claims he just stopped for a piss, had no idea there was a girls school the other side of the hedge where he pissed blah blah blah. :o :shock: :?

Makes a good case for himself, charges dismissed. All good. :thumbup:

Then it happened again about 3 months later... Didn't go so well for him that time :roll: