A Very Fast Sewing Machine

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
Taipan

Re: A Very Fast Sewing Machine

Post by Taipan »

I'd love one. Had a read up and it looks like it might be able to reliably give me the minimum 65 mile range I need. That'll edge it up the list of bikes I want to own for sure. I did have concerns about servicing and parts with a Zero and always envisaged waiting for the big 4 to come up with something, but they are very slow with this?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Far less to service though.

Brakes and the like are stock Brembo or whatever. The only thing I'd really worry about is the small black boxes of electrical wizardry.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:28 am Far less to service though.

Brakes and the like are stock Brembo or whatever. The only thing I'd really worry about is the small black boxes of electrical wizardry.
Which will mostly be "plug-and-play" if the manufacturer has any sense.
non quod, sed quomodo
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I have no idea what Zero use....nearly all of our electronics are bespoke to us, but we're right out on the leading edge ('course, I would say that wouldn't I).

People like Bosch make common controllers and inverters etc. now, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if this Zero actually uses fairly off the shelf black boxes.