Leaning in a car?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
MrLongbeard

Re: Leaning in a car?

Post by MrLongbeard »

Tigs wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:45 pm When I first drove a car I would breathe in to fit through a gap and lean forward to go up a hill. :lol:
And turn the radio down / off when trying to find an address / road / parking space.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Trinity765 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:37 am Nope. But I do lifesavers when I am pushing a trolley around the supermarket :?
Apparantly, it's lifesavers that tend to make bikers stand out when doing any sort of driving training.
non quod, sed quomodo
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I've always done lifesavers in the car TBF, or when stepping away from a table, or moving out into a coridor or whatever...just makes sense :lol:
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Don’t lean as such (well I don’t think I do) but on country roads and such I do move my upper body and ‘peer’ round the corner.

It’s surprising how just that few inches gives you an enhanced view.

I’ve watched from the passenger seat and I’m surprised no one else seems to do it but there again a great deal of my driving career was country roads and the split seconds early warning of an oncoming vehicle can make a difference.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Scotsrich wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:19 pm Don’t lean as such (well I don’t think I do) but on country roads and such I do move my upper body and ‘peer’ round the corner.

It’s surprising how just that few inches gives you an enhanced view.

I’ve watched from the passenger seat and I’m surprised no one else seems to do it but there again a great deal of my driving career was country roads and the split seconds early warning of an oncoming vehicle can make a difference.
I get Mrs Co-driver to look ahead on right handers on some of the local deep, old lanes in the car - particularly the narrow stuff with passing places. The passenger gets a view waaay before the driver.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Tigs wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:45 pm When I first drove a car I would breathe in to fit through a gap and lean forward to go up a hill. :lol:
I used to drive buses in Guernsey many moons ago and when driving the town shuttle, there was one place that involved a left turn into a tiny road that gave maybe an inch each side of the wing mirrors. I regularly told passengers to breathe in just as I was turning in - some laughed :lol: :lol: :lol:

I duck in multi storey car parks when in a minibus and going under signs or anything lower than the ceiling!! I KNOW they are going to touch, but I still duck! :lol: :lol:

Trinity765 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:37 am Nope. But I do lifesavers when I am pushing a trolley around the supermarket :?
I do think that's a necessity in a supermarket!! :1 :1 :lol:

Rockburner wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:50 am Apparantly, it's lifesavers that tend to make bikers stand out when doing any sort of driving training.
I do them anytime I think they are necessary! But especially when skiing - a few people (non bikers) have commented, but it makes perfect sense to me, given the number of people that ski like loonies without brakes!! :shock: :shock:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Probably.

I struggle to stay still watching a film let alone driving a car!

I don't really notice as i am normally too much into what ever music i have on at the time...;)
Horse

Post by Horse »

MrLongbeard wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:56 am And turn the radio down / off when trying to find an address / road / parking space.
That's probably a concentration thing. You have a finite amount, so turning the radio off frees a little more.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Horse wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:19 pm
MrLongbeard wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:56 am And turn the radio down / off when trying to find an address / road / parking space.
That's probably a concentration thing. You have a finite amount, so turning the radio off frees a little more.
Probs, we're quite happy blatting along at 100mph giving it large to bohemian rhapsody, but plodding along at 20 - 30 looking for a parking space max's our available capacity
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

MrLongbeard wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:40 pm
Horse wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:19 pm
Probs, we're quite happy blatting along at 100mph giving it large to bohemian rhapsody, but plodding along at 20 - 30 looking for a parking space max's our available capacity
Today I was blatting along at medium range 3 figure speeds with Planet Rock blasting out :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Felix

Post by Felix »

My passengers in the car lean if i am putting a shift on. Driver less so as holding the wheel and a bit restricted with the belt. Probably tilt the head but my work van is tall with tall suspension so can sway a bit so i tend to lean i bit when in that.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

I hate the fucking backmarkers who dawdle on the apex as you go from one aisle to the next.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:57 am
I hate the fucking backmarkers who dawdle on the apex as you go from one aisle to the next.
I tend to walk around muttering under by breathe "I fucking hope you don't have a driving licence" at various people :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde: