BMW F800R recommission!

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
v8-powered

Re: BMW F800R recommission!

Post by v8-powered »

I sold my NT700 a month ago - priced it sensibly and the phone didn't stop, first guy to view took it.....
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

v8-powered wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:58 am I sold my NT700 a month ago - priced it sensibly and the phone didn't stop, first guy to view took it.....
That heatwave apparently saw bike sales take off! I look forward to a return of the sun!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Well that's handy! I was in the loft rummaging around for something and found this practically brand new cover wrapped up in the corner. Think I used it on my Harley. Anyway, it should keep a lot of crap off the BMW for now!

asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Skub wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:49 pm
G.P wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:57 pm I tried a pair of Draggin Jean on when they first came out yonks ago, I thought they were heavy too wide in the leg and didn't seem to be the right shape so I have stuck with my Levi's of invincibility (including a weeks touring round France).

Seems there has been a lot of progress and now there is loads of choice with Kevlar, Aramid, etc etc.

So what do you recommend? I 'm after a straight leg so they don;t flap about the place, I don;y want them to be too bulky and be comfortable off the bike

TIA :thumbup:
Draggin jean make you look like a skinny man in a fat man's clothes,shapeless and hotter than leather on a warm day.

I have a pair of RST armoured jeans which are a good fit and comfy on and off the bike.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RST-2327-Ara ... j64wSW-v6A
i have the above - super comfy
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Taxed the bike today and rode it in to work. I have to put a ne MOT on it to sell it, so thought it best to give it a run for a few days make sure the brakes are okay etc. Nothing bidining anywhere and the bike ran like a dream. I really do like riding this bike. Short shifting through traffic is perfect with the ECU remap and no jerking about at part throttle opening/cruising. I'll be quite sorry to see this go in many ways.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Taipan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:38 am Taxed the bike today and rode it in to work. I have to put a ne MOT on it to sell it, so thought it best to give it a run for a few days make sure the brakes are okay etc. Nothing bidining anywhere and the bike ran like a dream. I really do like riding this bike. Short shifting through traffic is perfect with the ECU remap and no jerking about at part throttle opening/cruising. I'll be quite sorry to see this go in many ways.
then keep it?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:22 pm
Taipan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:38 am Taxed the bike today and rode it in to work. I have to put a ne MOT on it to sell it, so thought it best to give it a run for a few days make sure the brakes are okay etc. Nothing bidining anywhere and the bike ran like a dream. I really do like riding this bike. Short shifting through traffic is perfect with the ECU remap and no jerking about at part throttle opening/cruising. I'll be quite sorry to see this go in many ways.
then keep it?
LOL. He's nearly as bad as you ;)
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

then keep it?
No point really as I just don't use it, otherwise I deffo would!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Taipan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:15 pm
then keep it?
Then use it ?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

weeksy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:17 pm

then keep it?
Then use it ?
Got my SuperCommuterScooter for daily stuff and I don't ride socially anymore. I keep buying bikes to try and get back into it, but even if I love the bike I just CBA to ride at weekends.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Kind of why I have the K1200R now. i am wanting to ride for fun, not because I have to commute to work. But now that I walk to work, any riding I do is for fun... or because I don't want to take the car!
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Taipan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:27 pm
Then use it ?
Got my SuperCommuterScooter for daily stuff and I don't ride socially anymore. I keep buying bikes to try and get back into it, but even if I love the bike I just CBA to ride at weekends.
Meet at Maldon/Heybridge for a coffee if you want.Although that will only give you 1 ride out :lol:
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Taipan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:27 pm
Then use it ?

The weekend run out can get boring. You need a 2/3 or longer trip. Different roads, Nice B&B or Premier Inn or log cabin, and a pal to go with. Brings all the fun back. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Baffle kit of the GPR is c£65 delivered so I got a second hand oem exhaust for £35 delivered. I'll sell it with that on and sell the GPR sperately. I'll mot it when the oem can is on there. I think it'd be okay with the GPR but it is a bit of a liberty and a big ask as it's a straight through. The good thing is the motronic Fi is adaptive, so will adjust to the ecu reflash paramateres within a couple of miles. :thumbup:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

OEM can arrived and is clean and came with the springs etc. First thing I’ve bought for a bike in ages that has actually been prepared for sale! Anyway it’s on. Weighs a ton and the bike is quieter than my sh300 on idle! I hate standard cans, but the last few enquiries have asked if I had it, so let’s hope it sells now!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Took it for an MOT today, which it passed with no advisories! :clap: Riding it for the first time with the oem exhaust was really strange! It's whisper quiet and it's sapped some midrange fir sure! It ran a little bit flat to start with but you could literally feel the ecu adjusting as it was ridden and it started to smooth out again. It's now back in the garden and will get recreated and put back under the cover until it's sold. Still have mixed feelings about that as every time I ride it I realise how suited it is for me, but then I did just on 2k miles on it in a year and probably wouldn't have even done half of that if I'd had my scooter at the same time, so there really is no point in my keeping it...
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Taipan wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:17 pm Took it for an MOT today, which it passed with no advisories! :clap: Riding it for the first time with the oem exhaust was really strange! It's whisper quiet and it's sapped some midrange fir sure! It ran a little bit flat to start with but you could literally feel the ecu adjusting as it was ridden and it started to smooth out again. It's now back in the garden and will get recreated and put back under the cover until it's sold. Still have mixed feelings about that as every time I ride it I realise how suited it is for me, but then I did just on 2k miles on it in a year and probably wouldn't have even done half of that if I'd had my scooter at the same time, so there really is no point in my keeping it...
Depends what you'd do with the money instead. No point selling it if you'd just put it back in the bank.

It feels to me like you refuse to ride it just to make a point. You're allowed to enjoy riding it, that's perfectly acceptable
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

I can walk to Church in 10 minutes, I take the bike because I want to ride it! Bloody love it! I am seriously thinking of a GPR exhuast for it, there are some rather nice looking example, or a Scorpion end can... ooohhh.

Ride the bike if it makes you smile. It all comes down to your own mental health and what gives you a smile. Money in the bank is not doing anything for your wellbeing, other than just for a rainy day. the sun is shining, ride the bike and make memories.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

weeksy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:50 pm
Taipan wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:17 pm Took it for an MOT today, which it passed with no advisories! :clap: Riding it for the first time with the oem exhaust was really strange! It's whisper quiet and it's sapped some midrange fir sure! It ran a little bit flat to start with but you could literally feel the ecu adjusting as it was ridden and it started to smooth out again. It's now back in the garden and will get recreated and put back under the cover until it's sold. Still have mixed feelings about that as every time I ride it I realise how suited it is for me, but then I did just on 2k miles on it in a year and probably wouldn't have even done half of that if I'd had my scooter at the same time, so there really is no point in my keeping it...
Depends what you'd do with the money instead. No point selling it if you'd just put it back in the bank.

It feels to me like you refuse to ride it just to make a point. You're allowed to enjoy riding it, that's perfectly acceptable
Not at all, i can continue to own it with no real financial consequence other than natural time related devaluation. So I can own and ride it, but the opputunity to do rarely presents itself, so even though I like the bike, the reality is it'll sit idle for most of the time and i simply cant see any point in that.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Taipan wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:47 pm
weeksy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:50 pm

Not at all, i can continue to own it with no real financial consequence other than natural time related devaluation. So I can own and ride it, but the opputunity to do rarely presents itself, so even though I like the bike, the reality is it'll sit idle for most of the time and i simply cant see any point in that.
How often do you use your lawnmower? Or the posh gravy boat?