What is the one bike you have owned in the past and wish you always kept

Anything you like about motorbikes
Failedengineer

Re: What is the one bike you have owned in the past and wish you always kept

Post by Failedengineer »

2003 955 Speed Triple. Regretted it straight away (chopped it in for an Sprint ST). I'm still considering trying to find a minter, but black this time!
Druid

Post by Druid »

Failedengineer wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:04 am 2003 955 Speed Triple. Regretted it straight away (chopped it in for an Sprint ST). I'm still considering trying to find a minter, but black this time!
I had one of those too. The 1050 is a much better bike
Elbandito

Post by Elbandito »

I had a yellow VTR 1000 that I still think about occasionally. I don't miss filling it up with petrol every 100 miles...
Bomble

Post by Bomble »

Had 2 Tdr 250’s and regretted selling them both, bit too spendy to buy another now though.
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

My old Z1000ST
Had most of the M&P catalogue thrown at it. Harris had tweaked the steering stem to allow offeet bearings to be fitted. I slapped a different front end in, GPz full fairing.
Painted in kawasaki race colours........it looked the dogs.
Don't take my word for it, ask the fucking bastard dutch cunt who stole it in Amsterdam!
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Oddly enough probably my Z750 (first of the new shape ones).

It was cheap and a bit budget but it was massive fun. My 625SMC just wasn't working out for a new 60 mile round commute, for a start I needed fuel every 65 miles or so and that was getting really old as was changing the oil every 1500 miles. So I went to the dealer to get some new gloves and ended up buying a very well priced brand new Z750 :D

It was fairly old school and heavy, had odd hard/wobbly suspension, the brakes weren't great and the finish was iffy. But the engine was good and the bike felt fairly aggressive and I couldn't help riding it like a compete wally and here the budget suspension etc actually helped with the fun. I fell in love with it and rode it everywhere (I was still commuting a lot by bike then). I fitted an IXIL set of exhausts which were obscene in volume and spat fire on the overrun. Within a year I'd decided it was a keeper.

Sadly about 3 months later I got taken out by a car and the Z was dead :(

I did think about getting another but decided life was too short to get the same bike again and so I got a Firestorm which wasn't a patch on the Z for enjoyment. I still look occasionally at Z's but for a while they actually went up a bit in price and I'd only want one as a second bike alongside the 690 so it'd need to be cheap.
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

Kawasaki S1. Butchered all to hell, uni-trak rear alloy wheels, microns, painted lime green, 2/4 seat, and rough as hell. I had to move through work, and couldn't take it with me so gave it to a mate. Who probably sold it for 20 quid..
mboy

Post by mboy »

Have owned lots of good bikes that I'd buy again if I had the space, but the one I really miss is ironically, the one that would be most relevant to todays over policed roads... My first bike, a 1994 Honda RVF400 NC35... Paid £3200 for it, road it loads, then sold it to a good mate a year later and got £3k back for it, which at the time I thought was awesome!

They're fetching north of £6k now for anything worth buying... :roll: