What I have not bought today.

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
MrLongbeard

Re: What I have not bought today.

Post by MrLongbeard »

Falcoholic wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:18 pm Today I have not bought a concoction of 15% meat, mechanically stripped from the carcass, combined with 85 percent meat filler cleansed with ammonia, which causes stomach and intestinal cancer, grilled and stuck between two pieces of bread made from bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, high fructose corn syrup and/or sugar, yeast, soybean oil and/or canola oil, contains 2% or less of the following: salt, wheat gluten, calcium sulfate, calcium carbonate, ammonium sulfate, ammonium chloride, dough conditioners (may contain one or more of the following: sodium stearoyllactylate, datem, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylatedmonoglycerides, monocalcium phosphate, enzymes, guar gum, calcium peroxide), sorbic acid, calcium propionate and/or sodium propionate (preservatives), and soy lecithin from McDonalds because the queue for the drive through was half a mile long.
Hmmmm.
Have you reported this to the FSA at all as what you describe breaks UK & EU food law?
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has two classifications for burger products - standard and economy.

A standard beefburger can only be classified as such if it comprises a minimum of 62% beef. Similarly, a chicken (or other poultry) or rabbit burger must contain a minimum of 55% meat, and a pork burger 67% minimum pig meat.

The percentages take a tumble when it comes to economy or "value" burger products.

An economy beefburger must contain 47% meat, a chicken burger 41% and a pork burger 50% pig meat.

Under European law, the term "meat" is defined as "skeletal muscle with naturally included or adherent fat and connective tissue" which has not been mechanically stripped from the carcass.

Any meat that has been pressure-blasted from the carcass must be listed separately as MRM (mechanically removed) or MSM (mechanically stripped) meat. MRM meat or paste can in theory be used in economy burgers but has to be listed as a separate ingredient.
Or maybe the ASA if they're lying?
Do you use any mechanically separated meat in your food?
We only use 100% chicken breast meat across our entire menu. All of our chicken products are made from carefully deboned chicken breast meat, never Mechanically Separated Poultry, and we don't add any artificial colours or flavours. All of the chicken we use is sourced from approved suppliers that are fully traceable to ensure all aspects of our chicken farming standards, including feed and animal welfare, are strictly adhered to at all times.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:42 pm
Falcoholic wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:18 pm Today I have not bought a concoction of 15% meat, mechanically stripped from the carcass, combined with 85 percent meat filler cleansed with ammonia, which causes stomach and intestinal cancer, grilled and stuck between two pieces of bread made from bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, high fructose corn syrup and/or sugar, yeast, soybean oil and/or canola oil, contains 2% or less of the following: salt, wheat gluten, calcium sulfate, calcium carbonate, ammonium sulfate, ammonium chloride, dough conditioners (may contain one or more of the following: sodium stearoyllactylate, datem, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylatedmonoglycerides, monocalcium phosphate, enzymes, guar gum, calcium peroxide), sorbic acid, calcium propionate and/or sodium propionate (preservatives), and soy lecithin from McDonalds because the queue for the drive through was half a mile long.
Hmmmm.
Have you reported this to the FSA at all as what you describe breaks UK & EU food law?
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has two classifications for burger products - standard and economy.

A standard beefburger can only be classified as such if it comprises a minimum of 62% beef. Similarly, a chicken (or other poultry) or rabbit burger must contain a minimum of 55% meat, and a pork burger 67% minimum pig meat.

The percentages take a tumble when it comes to economy or "value" burger products.

An economy beefburger must contain 47% meat, a chicken burger 41% and a pork burger 50% pig meat.

Under European law, the term "meat" is defined as "skeletal muscle with naturally included or adherent fat and connective tissue" which has not been mechanically stripped from the carcass.

Any meat that has been pressure-blasted from the carcass must be listed separately as MRM (mechanically removed) or MSM (mechanically stripped) meat. MRM meat or paste can in theory be used in economy burgers but has to be listed as a separate ingredient.
Or maybe the ASA if they're lying?
Do you use any mechanically separated meat in your food?
We only use 100% chicken breast meat across our entire menu. All of our chicken products are made from carefully deboned chicken breast meat, never Mechanically Separated Poultry, and we don't add any artificial colours or flavours. All of the chicken we use is sourced from approved suppliers that are fully traceable to ensure all aspects of our chicken farming standards, including feed and animal welfare, are strictly adhered to at all times.
You're preaching to the food snobs. Twats.
Falcoholic

Post by Falcoholic »

OK the real reason I have bought it, isn't because of any of the above but purely and simply it's bowfin' and I wouldn't feed it to my dog.
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Today I haven’t been to the General Store and bought Brushes , Paint , Hardboard and some suitably sized wood to make up some Placards for a Protest that I’ll not be attending at the Weekend.
Me. Hoping to be enraged by something soon.
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Nobby wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:24 pm Today I haven’t been to the General Store and bought Brushes , Paint , Hardboard and some suitably sized wood to make up some Placards for a Protest that I’ll not be attending at the Weekend.
I like the way you're thinking! :lol:
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
Skub

Post by Skub »

Nobby wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:24 pm Today I haven’t been to the General Store and bought Brushes , Paint , Hardboard and some suitably sized wood to make up some Placards for a Protest that I’ll not be attending at the Weekend.
Perhaps you and I could get together and hoist carefully crafted placards showing 'MEH'.

Captures the mood for me. 8-)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
moth

Post by moth »

Today I haven't bought a 3D printer, but I did buy one yesterday...
Proud Tory scum since 1974.
Skub

Post by Skub »

moth wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:24 pm Today I haven't bought a 3D printer, but I did buy one yesterday...
Printing a Vigier? 8-)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
moth

Post by moth »

Skub wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:44 pm
moth wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:24 pm Today I haven't bought a 3D printer, but I did buy one yesterday...
Printing a Vigier? 8-)
Vigier is 40 years old this year. If they do an anniversary issue I might be tempted. :)
Proud Tory scum since 1974.
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

https://shop.evolutionpowertools.com/pr ... ifications

Bagged another workbench from the office, need to rearrange my workshop now but I'll have two decent work stations and somewhere for the parts washer to live. The bandsaw is on its way out so I nearly bought a chop saw..stopped myself for now as it's £200 I don't need to spend.
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Skub wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:15 pm
Perhaps you and I could get together and hoist carefully crafted placards showing 'MEH'.

Captures the mood for me. 8-)
As we didn't do it today , we could not do it again tomorrow as well.
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

Happy new bike day to me... after many years looking just bought this....again

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

rodbargee wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:42 pm Happy new bike day to me... after many years looking just bought this....again

Woah. That needs a thread of it's own, not a random post.
GuzziPaul

Post by GuzziPaul »

rodbargee wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:42 pm Happy new bike day to me... after many years looking just bought this....again

Mirage?
Where I first worked I had a Le Mans, one of the fitters had a Ducati Darmah and one of the electricians a Laverda Mirage.
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

yup mirage, I had a mirage sport years ago, loved it but sold it and `i shouldnt have this one's been rebuilt and not used for a while but hopefully will get plenty of use now, needs a LH gear change conversion kit but thats no great problem. they sound epic and piull like a train, its also god a modern ignition system so should be more reliable than the oe coils that plagued me on the last one there wiill be a thread as `i get it home collecting from Lynmington next week! cards behind the bar!
Lutin

Post by Lutin »

Blundering about trying not to make too much of a hash of things.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Copious amounts of dubplates!

I have a house now and links to all the good JA vocalists but i don't have any money due to covid fucking over some of my future contracts.

Send money this way, will go to a good cause - the future of sound system music depends on you...;)
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

FFS Jamaican vocalists JA = Jamaica! (MC's)

Been working with Michael Rose and Mikey General lately. Massive artists killing the dubplates.

Broke now though lol!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Greenman wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:23 pm FFS Jamaican vocalists JA = Jamaica! (MC's)

Been working with Michael Rose and Mikey General lately. Massive artists killing the dubplates.

Broke now though lol!
Wotcha :thumbup:
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

I've got a real job that's why i'm skint!